Why do so many fans of other clubs hate us?

I've come in to work today, expecting poo and a bit of fun off everyone as we have quite a football following in the organisation.

No-one has said a bad or good word to me about it.  Sheffield Wednesday getting relegated to League One has not registered with anyone yet, not a single person.  

I for one do not hate Sheffield Wednesday 

was really hoping you'd stay up, i can not stand Wayne rooney and derby urgh. Their fans are dreadful 

i hope you have a successful season in league 1 next season and hope to re-new our rivalry asap.

All the best 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ive worked away for 15 + years and almost never had any grief for being Wednesday and most people used to always say good things about us.. 

It all seems to have changed since Dc took over these last few years. 

Probably due to how he's completely ignored the rules and done what ever he wanted then cried and whined like a spoilt child that has been cought. 

34 minutes ago, Hudders_lad said:

I for one do not hate Sheffield Wednesday 

was really hoping you'd stay up, i can not stand Wayne rooney and derby urgh. Their fans are dreadful 

i hope you have a successful season in league 1 next season and hope to re-new our rivalry asap.

All the best 

Interesting you say that but if you look on DATM a lot of Town fans don't like us, and as other have mentioned similar to Brighton & Charlton fans.

I suppose similar to on here a football teams fans forum is only a % of the fanbase. 

It's a case of keep your head down as in a few weeks we'll be forgotten and social media will be moaning about England being dog muck at the Euros.

3 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Interesting you say that but if you look on DATM a lot of Town fans don't like us, and as other have mentioned similar to Brighton & Charlton fans.

I suppose similar to on here a football teams fans forum is only a % of the fanbase. 

It's a case of keep your head down as in a few weeks we'll be forgotten and social media will be moaning about England being dog muck at the Euros.

i don't even go on DATM, full of idiots that..I wouldn't listen to what they say on there 

• Haha 1

I honestly wouldn’t use Twitter as a sample set of normal football fans.
Folk who go to games have an instinctive solidarity with other football fans of whatever club who suffer just like they do. I even found myself sympathising with Wycombe ni mind Toytown fans at the weekend even if I did suspect Colin was up to his old tricks to make sure we finished bottom!

22 hours ago, poorlyheadowl said:

Had an absolute barrage of hate on Twitter over the weekend from fans of other clubs, quite a roasting tbh. 

I can see why the blunts, dingles, toy town etc would be giving it out, but manure, naarich, brizzle etc. Quite baffling as we've not had much interaction with them over the years

The only commiserations has been from my blunt fan father in law! I really don't get the hatred. I always had the impression we were the "second team" for a lot of fans from other clubs. Seems not. 

For the record I'm not one to ever give it large on Twitter etc, just a casual user.  I can only imagine what some of our more vocal fans have witnessed. Very odd. 

It's the modern way it seem's when using social media.

Some People have to be abusive and they are not bothered about who or what.

Locally we are disliked because  traditionally we are the biggest club , with the most fans , a few years back we had the stadium that was used for semi finals.  We also had a  significant following in the towns around Sheffield and obviously that didn't make those who follow their town team like us a lot.

With work I have travelled extensively  throughout the UK and I have never had any bad reaction to being a Wednesdayite. The one  Yorkshire club that tends to get a lot of dislike is Leeds United.

13 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Apart from the usual (Blunts, Leeds, Barnsley etc), I've seen loads of grief from Brighton and Charlton fans mainly.

Brighton still salty about play off defeat in 2016. They have a thread dedicated to us on their forum. Weird fans.

Charlton, I'm not sure why they hate us so much, possibly to do with them going down last season because our points deduction wasn't applied then.

Having said that, I've seen some very supportive comments from Derby fans (probably cos they sent us down) but also Everton, Man City, Wolves and Norwich fans. Seems we're not hated by everyone. 

It's all keyboard stuff, no bottle really. 

Does anyone care really what Charlton, Brighton think., We did wrong got punished. 

Guest T Hardy
14 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Yep revered 

I don’t think we are. Maybe by lower League clubs who admire our fan base, but outside of that we are irrelevant 

On 09/05/2021 at 13:20, CalmJimmers said:

Count yourself lucky mate, I'd stay off. So much negativity on every subject ever, not good for the mental health.

Its an awful platform, I've taken a step away from it especially the football tweets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Lots of fans dislike / hate / can't stand fans of other clubs

Only Sheffield Wednesday fans sit crying about it though

ffs

Must admit I did find the title of the thread a bit needy and soft....like as if anyone really cares if you're liked disliked ...why does it even bother some fans?