Why do so many fans of other clubs hate us?

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

My comment relates to timing. Should it not be applied this season, given the “offence” happened at the same time?

Like our punishment, probably wanted to delay it. For what reason, I simply don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

There's a few teams like Charlton pleased to see us drop purely on the points deduction thing. This is the worst bit of the Chansiri reign for me. We've gone from reasonably respected, historic club to a team people are as trying to cheat and bend the rules. That's not the reputation I want my club to have but it's the one Chansiri is getting for us 

This is it. The last time we were in League One at least we had class and dignity. This time it's a bit shabby.

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri has trashed our reputation through ticket prices and a points deduction. 

most of my Derby and Citeh mates know nothing about our chairman...they like us because we're proper supporters

8 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

most of my Derby and Citeh mates know nothing about our chairman...they like us because we're proper supporters

This. Forest and Derby fans around me all see us as a proper, traditional and well supported club. And as mentioned news doesn't travel after 20 years of insignificance; they're generally shocked when I take the chance to vent. 

• Like 3

Most of these fans are just scared that one day we might sort ourselves out and become a force again in British football. We are Yorkshire's most successful club after all.

The prospect of us sorting ourselves out seems a long way away just now but maybe..just maybe this is the start of a long journey back!  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Owling with laughter said:

It wasn’t though was it..

It was started by bywater on r sheffield. Ive no idea if he was serious cos hes a nutter anyway.  Then as soon as it started to annoy fans of other clubs every player that joined that season was saying it.  Then our fans jumped on it and it became our tagline that season, knowing it would pee everyone off in the process.  And fans of other teams who had not heard r sheffield such as Charlton took it literally.  So i genuinly dont think it was serious amoungst our fans, maybe to some idiots.

Seems to me like the "it's coming home" thing with England that is clearly meant as self-depreciating but for some reason really grates lots of people overseas who see it as England being arrogant.

But as people have said earlier on this thread, partly because most of the people on twitter are numpties, so got to remember you're dealing with the 1% of village idiots rather than a proper sample of the population.

Guest Therealrealist

Nonsense 5hread...everybody I meet like wednesday and hate dem gruntbags....sayin that I have spent my entire life in ecclesfield :pulis:

Just Social media crap. Some just get off on trolling anything, generally people with sad lives and bitter. 

Just rise above it. 

Some don't get the irony behind the massive thing and really thing we are being arrogant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cbirks said:

We have cheated - a lot - in plain sight since '15.

That'd ******** me right off, and I'd take great pleasure in such a cheat getting their comeuppance. 

Wolves, Villa, etc all cheated as well. 

But Wednesday being Wednesday, we can’t even break rules right! We got nothing from breaking rules. 

We’re like a bank robber than gets away with a bags of money, goes out to the pub to celebrate and boast, gets drunk, and leaves the swag in a pub. 

• Haha 1

Apart from the usual (Blunts, Leeds, Barnsley etc), I've seen loads of grief from Brighton and Charlton fans mainly.

Brighton still salty about play off defeat in 2016. They have a thread dedicated to us on their forum. Weird fans.

Charlton, I'm not sure why they hate us so much, possibly to do with them going down last season because our points deduction wasn't applied then.

Having said that, I've seen some very supportive comments from Derby fans (probably cos they sent us down) but also Everton, Man City, Wolves and Norwich fans. Seems we're not hated by everyone. 

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Most of these fans are just scared that one day we might sort ourselves out and become a force again in British football. We are Yorkshire's most successful club after all.

The prospect of us sorting ourselves out seems a long way away just now but maybe..just maybe this is the start of a long journey back!  ?

Beautiful - you've just answered the question perfectly.

Good.

It's about time we were hated.

We've been the friendzoned simps of football for too long.

The darlings of Leicester cheated by going into admin. As did Leeds.

Wolves and Villa cheated ffp but beat the state line before they could get caught.

And every other club will have dirty laundry that's just not been aired yet.

Not saying it's right but that's the world we live in now.

And if others hate us, then good.

Negative energy CAN be a positive sometimes.

So let's strut into League 1 metaphorically swinging our big thick, veiny dićks around, sing about how massive we are, shag their women, drink their beer and leave them all hating us on our way to promotion.

Absolutely zero fuchs will be given to what others think about  that.

• Like 2