Why do so many fans of other clubs hate us?

Guest Andy W
14 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

I'm don't think it's true tbh

If you asked 100 people who have some good football knowledge to name 20 teams they'd like to see in the prem 70+ would say us! 

Why would that be then? Why would they care?

Lots of reasons:

Consistent financial cheating.

Away ticket prices

Our fanbase's deluded view that we are massive and everyone else is tinpot.

But it is always the strangers on social media that say stuff. Had nothing but messages of commiseration (after first being wished good luck before the game) from any genuine friends I interact with, regardless of who they are fans of. But seen loads of hatred from random people on twitter.

I also think it depends upon what sort of fans the people you actually know are. I can honestly say I don't know many fans of big clubs well. Leeds and Newcastle are the biggest clubs any of my mates support, but loads of my mates are fans of football league clubs.

But, given the demographic of social media, it is mainly jumped up little sh*ts who only follow the top clubs and see everyone else as inferior.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy W said:

Why would that be then? Why would they care?

I don’t know if 70% actually would actually want us in the Prem but definitely a lot of the fans of other clubs I know do like to come to Hillsborough. It’s a good day out for a travelling fan apparently. 

23 minutes ago, marshy said:

According to many Derby fans, they have simply been given a stay of execution as they’re set to smash FFP

makes me wonder if this is deliberate ,giving them the points deduction at start of next season instead of this . 

Because we are considered cheats.

Because we have a reputation in the game of being unwelcoming as a club on match days.

Because we are not very good.

Because even with all that money, we are still not very good.

Because we have a reputation for not paying our bills on time.

Because we have a child involved in recruitment.

Because we are a laughing stock.

Because we finished rock bottom.

Because the state of the art pitch is poor.

Because the atmosphere at home is excruciating.

Because we rip off away fans.

Because the facilities are woeful.

Because teams think we still think we are a big club.

I can see where they are coming from TBH....

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I don’t know if 70% actually would actually want us in the Prem but definitely a lot of the fans of other clubs I know do like to come to Hillsborough. It’s a good day out for a travelling fan apparently. 

not sure why , hardly a pub within 20-30 mins walk what accepts them ,and a lot shut down anyways over last 5-10 years.  go on an away day to forest ,derby leeds etc no such problem . i personally think drinking in sheffield is pants nowadays 

To be fair on all social media platforms when we scrounge a lucky win they are all over the place man. Kids been kids a suppose haha 

On a serious note I wouldnt think teams should hate us because we are utter gash lol

I guess once you've exhausted the EFL, Steve Gibson, All the other football clubs, Andy Giddings, Alan Biggs, The Star, The BBC, Dom Howson, The Police, SAG, The 'mainstream media', The national press, National Radio, Gary LIneker and everyone else, I guess you're left with just 'all other football fans' to cry about

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Adamjack said:

To be fair on all social media platforms when we scrounge a lucky win they are all over the place man. Kids been kids a suppose haha 

On a serious note I wouldnt think teams should hate us because we are utter gash lol

There’s being gash within your means and there’s spending £350M and cheating to be gash...

lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Is this related to P&S breaches around the same time as us? So penalties should also be applied at the same time?

Relating to very similar and seem confident they will get punishment. 

Probably a bit of jealousy mainly from clubs with smaller fan bases and/or teams with no real rivals as such.

But I can understand why they’d hate us for being cheats, I hate that about us myself. DC can F right off and take them elephants with him... if that blokes not lobbed them in Don.

• Like 2

Any club that cheats the rules and gets points deductions isn't liked. 

I don't give a **** whether fans like us or not. Some fans cream themselves over the fact that other clubs like us or respect us because we were once decent in the 90s. Times have moved on and we are a league 1/bottom 8 championship club on average over the last 21 years. Thats the reality. 

• Like 1

Most people outside the club didnt get the ironic sarcasm of the 'massive' joke. 

Our in your face sarcasm probably grates on some fans...which I love tbh

Other fans dont get to see our genuine self deprecation. 

We have tried some pretty shady financial stuff in the last 5 years.

Now that Leeds have changed and gone we could be the new big bad in the lower leagues. 

Some fans are desperate for a rivalry.  English people love a good underdog and see big clubs as arrogant, I did Villa and Newcastle when they were down.

Twitter tho.

6 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

You've just answered the question there because deluded fools think and try to make out were massive but sadly were just another run of the mill club.

An embarrasingly run club...But our fanbase dwarfs over 80 percent of the clubs in the country...Not that it counts for much, seen by the sarcastic comments about Leeds.