Anyone else not really that bothered?

Hasn't bothered me at all.
It's been coming since the points deduction and that week where we lost to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe cemented it in my mind.

Yes, we still had a chance of staying up for much longer than we thought but it never felt like it was earned. Like a cold beer at the end of the working day, it always tastes better when you've genuinely worked like a dog. Not when (metaphorically like our players) you lay on the sofa all day doing nothing and then go to the fridge.

But things can change quickly in football.
And as long as I can still go to Hillsborough with my dad, have some chips and beer and shout and sing, I'm all good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, debram said:

Not as much as I once was, age and experience numbs the pain, but why do I still believe we should be a top half prem club and playing in Europe. 

See, I really don't think I would like that SWFC.

We would have a bunch of players with no connection to the club, who certainly won't have come through ranks. 

Prices and availability of tickets would be ridiculous. 

We would certainly have to move ground to a purpose built,  soul-less stadium .

There would be nothing ' Sheffield' about a Sheffield Wednesday that that would in the Champions League - a small possibility that we would retain something if we got into the Europa league. 

Think Manchester City ...nothing really Manchester about them, they might as well be a franchise. The only connection is Phil Foden, born in Stockport , that I could make as a Man City supporter these days. 

Nah, I'll take our current position, with young lads living their dream on the Hillsborough turf, and the chance of a decent cup run and meeting a - dare I say it - a 'big team' now and again!

54 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

We would have a bunch of players with no connection to the club, who certainly won't have come through ranks. 

There would be nothing ' Sheffield' about a Sheffield Wednesday that that would in the Champions League - a small possibility that we would retain something if we got into the Europa league. 

Think Manchester City ...nothing really Manchester about them, they might as well be a franchise. The only connection is Phil Foden, born in Stockport , that I could make as a Man City supporter these days. 

Nah, I'll take our current position, with young lads living their dream on the Hillsborough turf, and the chance of a decent cup run and meeting a - dare I say it - a 'big team' now and again!

Same mindset as most of our players this season, no wonder were in a pickle.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby

I am really  bothered about club s future.

On field, standard  will be Stocksbridge.

Off, the mortgage repayment may kill us.

27 minutes ago, debram said:

Same mindset as most of our players this season, no wonder were in a pickle.

Nah, just realistic expectations and a knowledge that football isn't all about success at any cost , including identity.

21 hours ago, parajack said:

Support the lads?sure but lets see who these 'lads' are first eh?.....

It doesn't matter to me who they are, if they are playing for us, I support them, I may not like or rate them but I'll support them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After 67 year of active support since the age of 5, I have posted several times that I don't feel that this is any longer  the same SWFC I have supported most of my life. It is highly doubtful that I will now live long enough ever to see the club in the top division again and I am just praying that I don't see them in the very bottom league division for the first time in history. I was resigned to what was going to happen several months ago and it is amazing we missed out by one penalty in the end.

Will I be longing to go next season in the final year of my current three year season ticket? Well, with no communication about the remainder of last season or any of this season, and no confirmation of any roll-over,  I am embarrassed to be supporting the only club in England which can't be bothered one jot with its supporters, much worse than the Glazers at Man Utd. This is already by far the worst and longest time in the club's history since 1867 and it is still getting worse. But to be honest, this is now Chansiri United not Sheffield Wednesday.  So the answer, not really, 

Edited by Aingarth
typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

If we'd stayed up I think we would have struggled big time next season. 

Going down gives us a chance to reset, bring some younger players through and build a team with some backbone. Actually see us dominate a game maybe. 

If we can pay the wages we'll have some pull in league one. In the championship god only knows who we could attract. 

It's always been a laugh in league one but it won't be if it lasts more than a season, two max. 

I'm disappointed as we were so close to beating Derby but next season could be entertaining. 

It could be a disaster 😀

• Thanks 1

I was expecting relegation for most of the season, on Saturday looking at the score I wasn't bothered, but after I was angry and upset. On Sunday I was fine and now I'm angry/upset again. If pre season/next season continues in the same fashion (which it most likely will) I'm taking a back seat. DC has ripped our soul out and took a big steaming shìt in it's place, 160 million though.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I am really  bothered about club s future.

On field, standard  will be Stocksbridge.

Off, the mortgage repayment may kill us.

I agree. It's a terrible blow for the club and the city , for standards, finance and our standing across the world as a worldwide brand if anybody in the future has the nous to exploit it. Young boys are less likely to follow the club. Atendances may never recover. Will students in the city now rather watch United to see better players and better football? 

As disappointing as relegation is, and indeed the last 3 seasons generally at S6 have been, what has happened came as no big surprise to any of us, couple that with not being able to go to the ground to vent my anger, and the fact that football in general like many things these days is way over hyped, I have found myself nowhere near as bothered as I have been in the past.

Maybe it's my age and the fact I have seen much of it all before, I am more disappointed for my son and my grandson, who at the rate things are going might not see Wednesday in the top flight of English football or win a Cup Final, and the matchday's I fortunately witnessed 25 to 35 years ago.

With all that said, attendances will inevitably suffer, relegation, ticket costs, poor refund responses and the potential knock on effects from the covid, there needs to be a big rethink around the running of the club, to hopefully put us back at a higher level and improve the fortunes of everyone around the club and associated with it, and that includes the city of Sheffield itself.

I do think however a bit of perspective is needed too, it's not the end of the world, life still goes on and those of us that can be, should be grateful if we have decent mental and physical health, supporting Wednesday has never been great for the former, so let's try and be as positive as we can !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aingarth said:

After 67 year of active support since the age of 5, I have posted several times that I don't feel that this is any longer  the same SWFC I have supported most of my life. It is highly doubtful that I will now live long enough ever to see the club in the top division again and I am just praying that I don't see them in the very bottom league division for the first time in history. I was resigned to what was going to happen several months ago and it is amazing we missed out by one penalty in the end.

Will I be longing to go next season in the final year of my current three year season ticket? Well, with no communication about the remainder of last season or any of this season, and no confirmation of any roll-over,  I am embarrassed to be supporting the only club in England which can't be bothered one jot with its supporters, much worse than the Glazers at Man Utd. This is already by far the worst and longest time in the club's history since 1867 and it is still getting worse. But to be honest, this is now Chansiri United not Sheffield Wednesday.  So the answer, not really, 

Fantastic Post. What you've just said there more or less sums up my feelings on what's happening to SWFC under this current Clown DC.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Man City have literally spent loads in their local community helping young kids and locals out, give me their success anyday,, they will be PL champions, CL final,  and have won the league Cup in the same season! meanwhile what Sheffield have we got for L1? Oh yeah Liam Palmer.

• Like 1

Such a strange turn around after we beat Bristol City at home just before Christmas 2019. I was at the game and remember thinking we've got a real chance of getting in the playoffs this season as I think we were 3rd at the time with about 34 points. 

It is like something after that Boxing Day defeat at Stoke changed everything at the club for the next 18 months. Bizarre. 

• Like 2

I'm not bothered about what league we're in because with a competent owner who has a realistic plan there is always a way back.

What concerns me is we have a spoilt little rich kid in control who is completely incompetent and clueless, has effectively asset stripped us whilst running up the biggest debts in our history and apparently now wants premiership money to sell a league 1 club.

The only thing he has proved consistently good at is making our position both league wise and financially significantly worse year on year. Until he has gone we will not come back and I fear that under his mismanagement of the entire situation we have a lot further to fall.

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Fantastic Post. What you've just said there more or less sums up my feelings on what's happening to SWFC under this current Clown DC.

Ditto. But Chansiri will fall.