Anyone else not really that bothered?

Guest Hornsby

We are no where near bottom.

No dosh, under embargo, stadium goes in September, only crap players left, mass debts and run by  kid not yet doing O levels.

I’d rather be in League Two, with professional owners who have a clear business plan to work with, than be stuck with this joker any longer.

Think Swansea during the Martinez and Rodgers era. The philosophy was there, the players brought in had to fit the plan and the end result was the eventual rise to the Premier League and a League Cup win with each new coach contributing. 

Back at Hillsborough, we’ve got an owner who won’t even pay for the boiler to work.

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I must admit; years ago I would have been in mourning and been really upset, mad, angry, embarrassed, etc. 

I actually laughed at some of the comments I read on Saturday and exceoted give it turned out; as it’s the Wednesday way. 

I used to think we should be challenging the big boys; 20-25 years ago. But now; you belong to be where you are, because the club is either being run well, indifferent, and terribly. 

My thoughts too. Years ago would have been miffed for weeks but now not at all.

The reality is we will most likely not challenge the big boys again, did we ever, really?

Nope, we are L1 and will only leave that league in the next few years via the wrong end.

Yesterday was just tge start of reaching the bottom, not there yet

Not bothered about ‘football’ anymore that’s for sure. The game is broken, no competition, it’s pretty boring to watch now to be honest. Stop start, constant falling over, crap refs, bonkers rule changes. 

• Thanks 1

I went into the last few weeks of the season, thinking we would stay up against the odds and yesterday we came close to it, but in the end we might as well have been relegated weeks ago. The embarrassment of this once great club coming bottom of a league with teams like Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe in it, is beyond expression and I say that with all respect to those clubs. 

Wycombe have ended the season almost with promotion form and their players must be on a fraction of what ours are on. Rotherham gave it their all and would probably have stayed up if it wasn’t for Covid. Luton go from relegation fodder to a mid table team. 

Whilst I respect supporters who seem to have had enough, I couldn’t possibly count myself in their number. My first game as a ten year old was the 66 FA cup final and I ended up in tears that day. There might be more tears to come if some of the more dire predictions on here come to fruition. However, I’m a born optimist and like I believe England will win the World Cup again one day, I do believe that Wednesday will get back to the Premier League in my lifetime. 

I hope Darren Moore is the right man to at least start us on the road back by leading us to promotion next season. We are going to be one of the biggest clubs in this league next season, in fact the biggest if Sunderland go up (I think we are of equal stature), so other teams are going to relish having a reyt go at us. Wednesday fans will still turn out in massive numbers in some far flung and obscure places next season and I certainly will be among them. I could no more walk out on this club, than eat my own testicles. 

WAWAW

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
48 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Thankfully Owlstalk is largely a reflection of Owlstalk members ..... as opposed to match attending Wednesdayite’s!

Welcome back to Owlstalk

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg.7ae32a5580796afc4dd39a426d240e50.jpg

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

There will always be heroes that come to the fore,  whatever level we play at. Always be players that young kids in the stand always want  to see play and who's autographs they are desperate for. 

It's only depressing when they get compared to players of bygone eras.

We are where we are, and once we're back in the ground, whatever the division, a goal is a goal. A win is a win. To be enjoyed.

*If the players and managers are allowed to get on with their jobs properly!

When I was 10, I thought Terry Curran was one of the best players on the world, even though he was playing in the 3rd division. 

We've always had a 'gem ' in this division, whether it be on loan or a signing that has wowed us ..up to and including Kieran Lee. 

Hey, at least we might see him again next season! 

• Thanks 1

Agreed with OP. I used to have a season ticket, but due to family reasons (used to go with my parents who aren't well enough to attend now) I haven't been down in 2 years. Wednesday just isn't important to me in the grand scheme of things these days with Covid and other problems, and the situation makes me want to pay less attention to what's going on.

Hopefully Moore can start a rebuild now in L1. Younger, hungry players who are desperate for success, and on reasonable wages. Make the fans actually proud of the team again and want to get behind us. Then I'm sure fans will start to return again.

I do fear very low crowds once fans are allowed back (next season?). Need to get off to a good start and get the positivity back, the players and club have to earn it first. Because this season they deserved to have no fans cheering them on.

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Personally I am feeling sad about it,  as I feel Wednesday should be in the top league and I want to see them be successful again before I go, as life is too short.  So being so far away from where I want us to be is sad for me.

BUT, I just hope we can have a winning team next season to make it enjoyable to support the owls, as the seasons under Sturrock and Megson/Jones were some of the most enjoyable we’ve had in the last 28 years.  Supporting a team that wins games is a great feeling, no matter what league you are in 

So we need Chansiri to sell up to an owner will make us that winning side.  

Agree with all that. Us fans in our 20's and 30's can mostly remember garbage football, and the L1 promotions have been some of the highlights supporting us. So lets hope for another of those, though this time it seems a lot more up in the air as to what will actually happen.

I’d come to terms we were as good as relegated around December time so yesterday wasn’t a problem for me as I’d gone through the anger months ago

Its the lies going forward that will annoy me again

Chancer saying there’s a plan in place etc etc

We will struggle in league one and he’ll go back to his usual drivel blaming everybody else for him being an absolutely useless buffoon 

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby

Getting worse for me, from Antonio back to this after 10 years is terrible.

And the kid nor his Dad wont find another like him, cos thats what we need. Free.

6 hours ago, Strings said:

I for one see this as a chance for a reset. Sadly how that will go will depend on Mr Chansiri, he needs to change but sadly he's shown little desire to do this. 

Still I look forward to next season and will support the lads no matter what. WAWAW.

Support the lads?sure but lets see who these 'lads' are first eh?.....

8 hours ago, nickswfc said:

The situation is awful, I'm not pretending otherwise, a third stint in the third tier, within 20 years is absolutely disgusting by any metric.

However, the football since Christmas 2019 is probably the worst I've ever seen at Hillsborough in the time I've been going. The off field nonsense is worse than anything suffered under Allen.

If we'd stayed up the same problems would still exist and any euphoria at survival would have been heavily overshadow knowing nothing has really changed. If anything, the positivity of survival could have given false confidence and a level of support towards Chansiri. For us to no doubt go through the same painful process next season.

If this speeds up our 'bottoming out' and a collective 'enough is enough' stance towards Chansiri, then it's worth it

We are falling like a brick under DC guidance since he got rid of the initial advisors that built him a promotion challenging team in 3 months.

He has taken control of everything and slowly everything has gone to poo, we are no where near bottoming out because he still has not learnt or admitted any mistakes.

we will be fighting relegation again next season if he is still running the club the same way and Iorfa and Windass will be leaving on frees.

The second half vs. Luton did it for me.

We were incredibly lucky to have the chance yesterday and the outcome was hardly a shock.

The way our matches have gone for the last 17 months are worse than any fiction you can come up with.  Shocking isnt the word.

It might have turned out better if the players were happier and wed actually brought in a goalscorer.