Anyone else not really that bothered?

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Division 3?

Not bothered per se, had some decent games down there over the years. 

In fact we've spent an inordinate number of years down there for a club of our size. 

No, what bothers me is the car crash of how we arrived here once more.

Complete avoidable with any sort of semblance of a plan and proper structure. 

Echo this wholeheartedly, it hasn’t really troubled me for years to be honest. I still want to be connected to the club but it’s been a long long time since I lived up there. My last match was v Arsenal on that wonderful night but a lot of ducks have to line up if I’m to get up there to watch them again any time soon. I was staggered to have to pay £80 for three tickets for the Arsenal game, and POTG seems to be a thing of the past anyway so I wouldn’t be certain about how I could even get a ticket. It’s lost all contact with ordinary folk, you can’t just rock up and pay at a turnstile and watch a game which is a real shame. 
I remember driving up the M6 in a minibus to play a college game in the mid Cheshire League once, when we got there the game was off, (frozen pitch or summat), somebody said “Everton are at home shall we go to Goodison ?” And off we went, no bother. You just can’t do that any more, how do these bods do that want to visit all the grounds in the land it must take hours to plan? Not spontaneous any more, not fun any more.A lot of folks may not go back to football following the pandemic, I do think a lot of people will be wary of big crowd situations for a long time.

It’s going to be interesting to see the plan/pricing strategy etc that the club put in place because I can’t see people paying through the nose for mediocre football in a stadium which is half full.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My concern is how much worse this is going to get. We are nowhere near bottoming out. 

Being the old fool I am, I am hoping that with some of the big earners going off the books at the end of this season those wages can be invested in well scouted,  fit the managers system, young, healthy,  fit players who can help us climb. 

Of course for any of that to happen you have to have a well run club with joined up thinking.  

We have seen no evidence of that do far from this owner. 

I do wonder, given he's losing money hand over first,  and just seen his club plummet if perhaps that he penny might finally drop.

Not that I'll be holding my breath. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Being the old fool I am, I am hoping that with some of the big earners going off the books at the end of this season those wages can be invested in well scouted,  fit the managers system, young, healthy,  fit players who can help us climb. 

Of course for any of that to happen you have to have a well run club with joined up thinking.  

We have seen no evidence of that do far from this owner. 

I do wonder, given he's losing money hand over first,  and just seen his club plummet if perhaps that he penny might finally drop.

Not that I'll be holding my breath. 

It’s a worry. We used to have a fool and his money, now we just have the fool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

It’s a worry. We used to have a fool and his money, now we just have the fool.

All lip service of course, but his statement last night was the first time I've seen him take any responsibility or culpability for our situation.  

Given what we've heard about his ego and pride previously, and cultural asides about not losing face ...It stood out. Made me do a double take. 

I'm a hopeless optimist at heart. 

I really, really hope that the penny has dropped.

• Like 2

I’m not bothered about been relegated. I’m more interested to see how we bounce back and find a new identity on and off the field. It’s a tad scary to think what could happen if dc remains here and potentially drop down another league if he doesn’t rethink he current structure behind the scenes. 

First thing first, get rid of paxo and find an actual adviser that was or is associated with swfc which could potentially be a stepping stone into a new direction of the club. The bond between the club and fans needs fixing ASAP or the worst could happen again next season. 

Strangely enough no, we deserve it we should very little fight this season, we lost around 10 games from a winning position which is not acceptable. 

We have such a bad chairman it’s embarrassing, he means well but he’s got no clue.

if they can recruit properly we might be back in the championship in a few seasons if lucky

2 minutes ago, Hootsman said:

My Dad, a lifelong Wednesday fan, died if COVID 19 late last year. Whenever Wednesday were in trouble he always said that we've seen this before and we will come back. For me, some of the best times watching Wednesday were in the third division. You could get away tickets easily, we often outnumbered the home fans, sang our hearts out and still had great times watching the lads. For me there is enormous sadness about where football has gone over recent years, the money has taken something from the game. The most important thing now is to restore some pride in this beloved club and we, the fans, may have to be the ones who have do that. So yes, this is painful and the management of the club has been a shambles, but let's keep our pride in who we are and what we as a fanbase stand for. Let's sing our hearts out and look for the (hi ho) Silver Linings. We'll be back, let's do our best to enjoy the ride.

Wonderful post.

Glad to give you your first reputation point for it. A big heart!

Lovely read.  Hope to see more posts from you!

Welcome aboard. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

I’m not bothered about been relegated. I’m more interested to see how we bounce back and find a new identity on and off the field. It’s a tad scary to think what could happen if dc remains here and potentially drop down another league if he doesn’t rethink he current structure behind the scenes. 

First thing first, get rid of paxo and find an actual adviser that was or is associated with swfc which could potentially be a stepping stone into a new direction of the club. The bond between the club and fans needs fixing ASAP or the worst could happen again next season. 

We certainly need someone with connections and a reputation to attract anyone to the club. Bruce would have been that man but who else might there be? Waddle? Worthington? They’d be rightfully ashamed of the state the club is in. How can you get players if you are renowned for not paying on time, keeping players at the club when they want to leave etc.

35 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Had some really enjoyable players to be fair , Antonio , rob jones , reda , Buxton , semedo , Ben Marshall 

Just a few to name , all fan favourites for one reason or another 

And that’s thing - we’re more likely to get younger, unknown players with potential, like António & Marshall, on the pitch than if we’d stayed in the championship. They may not always work out but I’d rather watch a player with his career ahead of him trying to make a name for himself than a has-been or a never-was going through the motions week after week.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Months of mental preparation for relegation, I’m barely bothered either. But I’ve felt apathetic with the club all pandemic to be honest

You're not the only one. I've felt apathetic with football generally, including Wednesday, for at least a couple of years now. Will take a seachange for that trajectory to reverse for me, and for many others I suspect. 

• Like 1

While dropping down to division one is not ideal I think that it gives the club and fans a fresh start. Fresh players for the fans to get to know, a fresh impetus on the field and a chance to see us win more games, which will suit the fan base. Hopefully Mr Moore will be able to do his rebuilding his way and get the fans coming back to the ground....... Am I expecting too much? 

Those fans saying they aren't bothered about us been in League One and looking forward to it are proof of the pudding when it comes to the soft bellied attitude of some Wednesday fans. Once again, taken for mugs and served up a dish of absolute sh!t but yeah they will be there ploughing their money into the pockets and staying loyal like an abused woman who is too scared to leave her violent boyfriend.

Not really bothered about the league status, we’ve been pathetic for large periods of the season, especially over xmas

What continues to make me absolutely seething, is the off field management of the club

The growing apathy and detachment caused by one individual 

• Like 2

I just see it as a neccesary evil to hopefully sort out the whole desperate shambles we find ourselves in sooner rather than later (we'd have just repeated the struggles of this season next year) ... I really wouldn't be bothered if the whole first team squad was released and we started from scratch... Out with the old guard please I've had enough!! 

• Like 1