Anyone else not really that bothered?

I must admit; years ago I would have been in mourning and been really upset, mad, angry, embarrassed, etc. 

I actually laughed at some of the comments I read on Saturday and exceoted give it turned out; as it’s the Wednesday way. 

I used to think we should be challenging the big boys; 20-25 years ago. But now; you belong to be where you are, because the club is either being run well, indifferent, and terribly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I'm not bothered about us being in league 1 football wise, for me it's a more honest league and really gives you the essence of what supporting a team is really about.

There will be more acadamy and reserve team players coming through, and hopefully that will mean more commitment and honesty on the pitch.

I'm not concerned about the quality of opposition, I find fans snobbish takes on Cambridge,  Fleetwood etc a bit off to be honest..if you want big names and amazing football, catch a train to Manchester every Saturday. 

What does worry me is what it means for the financial stability of the club, and if we have to move grounds etc. If Chansiri sells up and we can get the ground back,  that would eclipse any on pitch failings.

Cracking post 

It is an honest league - but it’s out background and current situation that frightens the life out of me that we’re entering a league disconnected from the club as fans with little to no income and a chairman who will drum up some insane ideas to bring money into the club that won’t work.

If we went down with a stable chairman I.e Tony Stewart at Rotherham, you’d be gutted but have some hope. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I must admit; years ago I would have been in mourning and been really upset, mad, angry, embarrassed, etc. 

I actually laughed out loud at some of the comments I read on Saturday and expected it to turn out as it did; as it’s the Wednesday way. 

I used to think we should be challenging the big boys; 20-25 years ago. But now; you belong to be where you are, because the club is either being run well, indifferent, and terribly. 

I for one see this as a chance for a reset. Sadly how that will go will depend on Mr Chansiri, he needs to change but sadly he's shown little desire to do this. 

Still I look forward to next season and will support the lads no matter what. WAWAW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whilst Chansiri is still here there will be only one direction of travel

His favourite game is Snakes and Ladders but without any ladders.

I didn't mind league one football as it was more about the community and being part of a crowd. Then Chansiri arrived and priced me out of going.

Even if my finances improve I won't be going untill he's gone from my club.

snakes.jpg.72cfca0d0e929ddd3b6916876ac8eff7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I am feeling sad about it,  as I feel Wednesday should be in the top league and I want to see them be successful again before I go, as life is too short.  So being so far away from where I want us to be is sad for me.

BUT, I just hope we can have a winning team next season to make it enjoyable to support the owls, as the seasons under Sturrock and Megson/Jones were some of the most enjoyable we’ve had in the last 28 years.  Supporting a team that wins games is a great feeling, no matter what league you are in 

So we need Chansiri to sell up to an owner will make us that winning side.  

• Like 5

It was coming , it’s nice it’s finished and we don’t have to watch a lot of that rubbish ever again , we should have been relegated by around game 40-42 but somehow scraped to last day where inevitable happened , now in a strange why I’m looking forward to new beginnings on the pitch , new fresh players and hopefully find some gems ! 

off the field is another question. , got to hope chansiri really is apologetic and changes his ways , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

This is the fourth relegation in my time as a Wednesday fan. Have to say, this one doesn’t feel the same - probably because it’s been coming for 18 months since the EFL charge. It’s been a long drawn-out likelihood. Despite the outcome, I do at least feel some relief finally knowing which division we’ll be in. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Division 3?

Not bothered per se, had some decent games down there over the years. 

In fact we've spent an inordinate number of years down there for a club of our size. 

No, what bothers me is the car crash of how we arrived here once more.

Complete avoidable with any sort of semblance of a plan and proper structure. 

Had some really enjoyable players to be fair , Antonio , rob jones , reda , Buxton , semedo , Ben Marshall 

Just a few to name , all fan favourites for one reason or another 

• Like 4

Now that I’ve calmed down, stopped being angry and gave it some thought. I’m not bothered about league 1. In fact I’m now looking forwards to players being shipped out and new players coming in. We have need a big change for awhile now so maybe dropping down will force the issue and we can move on from the same old players and build for the future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Division 3?

Not bothered per se, had some decent games down there over the years. 

In fact we've spent an inordinate number of years down there for a club of our size. 

No, what bothers me is the car crash of how we arrived here once more.

Complete avoidable with any sort of semblance of a plan and proper structure. 

This is pretty much where I am on the whole thing. Our fall into the third division is like something from a text book of how not to run a football club. Which worries me more than anything because to get out of Div three will need a good plan to be well executed. Which doesn’t sound like something we would be able to pull off without some major re-engineering of the management of the club. 
I personally don’t have the emotional depth to maintain anger for more than a day but despair at how pitiful our path to here has been and how bleak our prospects look for the future. 

• Like 4

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Had some really enjoyable players to be fair , Antonio , rob jones , reda , Buxton , semedo , Ben Marshall 

Just a few to name , all fan favourites for one reason or another 

There will always be heroes that come to the fore,  whatever level we play at. Always be players that young kids in the stand always want  to see play and who's autographs they are desperate for. 

It's only depressing when they get compared to players of bygone eras.

We are where we are, and once we're back in the ground, whatever the division, a goal is a goal. A win is a win. To be enjoyed.

*If the players and managers are allowed to get on with their jobs properly!

• Like 2