Season ticket prices for next season.

I really cant see how he can lower prices with the multi year season ticket options he has put in. 

There wont be refunds, they cant pay back 5 games never mind a full season. 

The only way I can see that he can do things is lower the prices, then those who have bought multi year tickets gets it extended for a year. For example, all this years roll over to next year, but because the price has to reduce drastically they have now have one for the next two years. Those who have three year ones left now have four etc. 

People may not want that but if there wont be refunds i cant see how else he can do it.

Chansiri stated at a previous fans forum that fans money is a drop in the ocean, or words to that effect. Due to tv revenues, those revenues won’t apply next season . Therefore his one biggest advantage over most other clubs would be fan income . However as we all know the fan base if totally  disgruntled. If he had any business acumen he would see a great potential opportunity. A huge drop in ticket prices, re engage with fans fill the stadium ever week , ie similar to what Bradford have done . Say £200 all areas tops get 25k plus in the ground overcome . Overcome any Concerns about Covid , as people start to live again. Show he has learnt a lesson and drop prices of away fans to. £20 plenty, the disaster of theESL has hinted at a new direction for the game time for DC to grasp it

• Like 2

Pricing is the biggest and potentially explosive of the short term problems Chansiri talks about in his statement.

He clearly cannot continue charging the highest Championship prices for League 1 football.

This would lead to a massive fall off in attendances and consequent revenue. A sizeable reduction to bring into line with League 1 pricing will have the result of a clamour for refunds for rolled over 2020/2021 season tickets into 2021/2022, not to mention those foolish enough to buy multi year tickets.

No easy answer other than including the cup games in any roll over season tickets from previous years as some have suggested. Personally I held back from renewing at the early bird offer last year because of the threat of relegation by points deduction and have little sympathy for those who parted with large sums at such a time.

What is clear though is that Chansiri has to come up with a solution very quickly if he hopes to restart revenue streams into the club. Without that it’s difficult to believe serious rebuilding of the team can take place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watto said:

I know United have , mate of mine has renewed there at £415 whilst at Wednesday it was £555 in the North and grandstand last season.

Yeah....but it’s not like we finished bottom of the league like utd is it.......oh hang on.........

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I really cant see how he can lower prices with the multi year season ticket options he has put in. 

There wont be refunds, they cant pay back 5 games never mind a full season. 

The only way I can see that he can do things is lower the prices, then those who have bought multi year tickets gets it extended for a year. For example, all this years roll over to next year, but because the price has to reduce drastically they have now have one for the next two years. Those who have three year ones left now have four etc. 

People may not want that but if there wont be refunds i cant see how else he can do it.

Considering the ST money for next season has already been spent this season, then he really needs to attract POTGers.  He won't do that at £45+ a pop.

His front-loading was always a big risk, the consequences are higher now because he used the money to go backwards.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Lovely that mate

He's correct though, I've always renewed at early bird stage but held off to see what our situation was to be ...then covid struck.

Either way Chansiri has said he had planned for relegation and this should be included ( price review of current St prices) 

Those that have bought one in advance took a gamble and that's just unfortunate as he could argue it would be the same price had we of won promotion to the PL.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

We need out of that f**king thing ASAP. Imagine getting to the final and being turned over by someone like Accrington 

Don't worry, that won't happen.

It's regionalised, we'd lose to Crawley instead. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He's correct though, I've always renewed at early bird stage but held off to see what our situation was to be ...then covid struck.

Either way Chansiri has said he had planned for relegation and this should be included ( price review of current St prices) 

Those that have bought one in advance took a gamble and that's just unfortunate as he could argue it would be the same price had we of won promotion to the PL.

Nobody who bought one bought for 21/22 season. He has to offer refunds. Regardless of what division we are in nobody purchased a ticket for that time period. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

I paid for a one year season ticket to watch championship football. Not league 1. That's where the problem lies. 

If you bought an early bird, there was a chance of relegation that season.  That’s my main bugbear with renewing before the season is over. 

9 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Nobody who bought one bought for 21/22 season. He has to offer refunds. Regardless of what division we are in nobody purchased a ticket for that time period. 

This!!!

It’s not just about the division we are in, people have other commitments in their lives that might mean they’d have been ok to attend matches this season but can’t physically attend next season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

They did. Plenty of us bought multiple year STs. I'd have been getting one every year anyway regardless as I have for the last 40 years so figured buying the 5 year ticket protected me from further price rises.

Have to admit that the prospect of it being for lower league football didn't really enter the equation at the time lol

24 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Yeah I was on about the season after but obviously no one could attend duh!... my bad ! 

Cracking up mate.

With regard to multi St should they be refunded ? I'd say they don't stand a chance.

Edited by TaxiMark

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

No I don’t but the point that was being raised was that we needed to find money to pay for the rent of the ground when in fact we don’t 

I’m sure there is a loan that becomes payable this year though 

I'm sure it will all be ok and won't need to show it on the account sheet under outgoings will we? We might even get away with hiding other outgoings too until we struggle to get the accounts signed off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They did. Plenty of us bought multiple year STs. I'd have been getting one every year anyway regardless as I have for the last 40 years so figured buying the 5 year ticket protected me from further price rises.

Have to admit that the prospect of it being for lower league football didn't really enter the equation at the time lol

That's what I'm getting at, but it's a huge gamble and it works both ways ....we could easily have been promoted and paying the same too.

I know what @TrickyTrevand @TheGafferare saying now though in terms of they renewed for the season after but covid halted last season so rolling over to this one could create an issue for some, someone mentioned they now have health conditions so can't attend next season, special circumstances should be allowed to stand.

• Like 1