FFP has a lot to answer for

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

You could also add that if the EFL hadn’t incorrectly docked us 12 points in the first place none of this would have happened. 

They didn’t...the judgment and punishment were decided by an independent panel.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Blaming FFP for our relegation is like someone who shopped at Debenhams blaming the local sandwich shop for Debenhams in town closing 

Stop looking for excuses, reasons, things to blame 

This one is purely, simply and ONLY our chairmans doing 

So you think FFP had nothing to do it? 

We’re allowed to point our fingers wherever we want. Because I am pointing at FFP doesn’t meant there aren’t more significant other issues. However, it is a very significant factor in our overall failing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree with him on all but the ‘nucleus of the side’ being the same as 2016 being the problem. 

Maybe to not get promoted, yes. It’s a big reason we didn’t get over the line after Wembley. We didn’t improve it and they couldn’t improve either.

But relegated? That’s not Bannan, Palmer, Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson etc.

That’s the owner overseeing the rest of our former decent players leave for nothing and be replaced by garbage and landing us with points deductions. 

Our recruitment post Wembley has been utterly shameful. 

Can’t wait to see what our replacements for Lees and co are going to look like in league 1. 

This ‘clear out’ is a horror story I feel we’ve already gone through one episode of and we’re on to another 

• Like 8

If we're going to blame FFP, I would like to formally propose we also blame the 90-minute football game. If matches were only 80 minutes long, we'd have never conceded so many late goals and ultimately would have stayed up. Frankly ridiculous football matches are so long these days

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

So you think FFP had nothing to do it? 

We’re allowed to point our fingers wherever we want. Because I am pointing at FFP doesn’t meant there aren’t more significant other issues. However, it is a very significant factor in our overall failing. 

If you crashed your car because you were speeding would you lay the blame at the speed limit being too low?

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I think we could’ve sold one or two at some point. But the core of that squad was wrecked by injury. No one would buy a crocked Hooper, Lee, Winnall. Forestieri had a ban looming over his head for three windows. We did at least sell Joao and Hunt. It’s almost as if everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.  A huge wage bill and a load of assets that cannot be shifted whilst the EFL were asking “how are you going to reduce costs”

But had we done the paperwork on the stadium hijinx we would have at least avoided league one.

All we can focus on now is making sure we don’t get stuck down there. I’m not even sure how the spending rules work in league one but Rotherham came up with a minimal wage budget.

FFP didn't get us a points deduction, Chansiri's botched attempt to bypass the rules was why we were penalised... And in doing so he has not only seen us relegated, but we will be saddled with debt to play in our own stadium for the next 30 years... And still in some people's eyes he's a victim of circumstance... FFS x10

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

FFP will be more or less binned off now, otherwise half the league will be starting on minus points. I’ve said it for years but FFP doesn’t work in a league where certain clubs get parachute payments, it’s unfair competition. Just look at the league table, that pattern will become normal. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
47 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It’s absolutely crippled us. 

Yes we have an incompetent owner but the money he wanted to invest (but couldn’t) would have easily got us promoted before FFP. 

All those clubs in the PL should count themselves lucky they don’t have to deal with this poo . 

We get a 6 point deduction for trying to invest in the club. Arsenal, Spurs et al get a 5% fine on just one of their income lines for trying to start a coup. Fvxking pathetic. 

Football is rotten and we are now a textbook example at the wrong end. 

Amazing the amount of posters that think it’s just us that are restricted by FFP.

Look at the vast amount of money that other, far more wealthier owners than DC would have chucked at it as well.

If the FFP gloves were off, DC’s wealth wouldn’t have easily got us promoted, we might be still the Championship though.