Cheltenham, Cambridge Utd

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Feel it will be best for us for Sunderland to go up in the playoffs, that will mean Wednesday, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Charlton as the 4 biggest clubs in the league next season. 

Means nowt. Those other 'big teams' have all been down there for 2+ years or more. 

So whose looking forward to watching us play some of these footballing behemoths? Pretty sure we’ve never met Fleetwood in the league and certainly not Accrington in recent history. 
I’d be happy to get Sunderland out of the division via the playoffs. Leaves a few more fallen bigger clubs but no outstanding sides if we can retain a few of our better players and recruit well.

AFC Wimbledon

Accrington Stanley

Bolton Wanderers

Burton Albion

Cambridge United

Charlton Athletic

Cheltenham Town

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Fleetwood Town

Gillingham

Ipswich Town

MK Dons

Plymouth Argyle

Portsmouth

Rotherham United

Sheffield Wednesday

Shrewsbury Town

Wigan Athletic

Wycombe Wanderers

PLUS THREE FROM: (one will go up)

Oxford United

Sunderland

Lincoln City

Blackpool

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigOwl said:

So whose looking forward to watching us play some of these footballing behemoths? Pretty sure we’ve never met Fleetwood in the league and certainly not Accrington in recent history. 
I’d be happy to get Sunderland out of the division via the playoffs. Leaves a few more fallen bigger clubs but no outstanding sides if we can retain a few of our better players and recruit well.

AFC Wimbledon

Accrington Stanley

Bolton Wanderers

Burton Albion

Cambridge United

Charlton Athletic

Cheltenham Town

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Fleetwood Town

Gillingham

Ipswich Town

MK Dons

Plymouth Argyle

Portsmouth

Rotherham United

Sheffield Wednesday

Shrewsbury Town

Wigan Athletic

Wycombe Wanderers

PLUS THREE FROM: (one will go up)

Oxford United

Sunderland

Lincoln City

Blackpool

I can't decide if I want Sunderland to go up or not. On one level I agree that it could be useful to see the back of them, but on another I could see them hitting true levels of league 1 atrophy if they don't get out this year, whereas the likes of Lincoln, Oxford and a revived Blackpool will probably be well up for it again.

I also expect Rotherham to be in the promotion mix again, they seem to be a team that are too good for the 3rd tier but not good enough for the 2nd at the moment.  Charlton, Pompey, Ipswich, Wigan, Wycombe and maybe Bolton will be the others to watch out for imo.

So either way, I can see at least 9-10 very strong league 1 teams to get past, and that's assuming we can assemble a half decent squad.

It could be a very bumpy ride, but at least we have a manager who knows the league a bit. That is the only positive I can see at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

I can't decide if I want Sunderland to go up or not. On one level I agree that it could be useful to see the back of them, but on another I could see them hitting true levels of league 1 atrophy if they don't get out this year, whereas the likes of Lincoln, Oxford and a revived Blackpool will probably be well up for it again.

I also expect Rotherham to be in the promotion mix again, they seem to be a team that are too good for the 3rd tier but not good enough for the 2nd at the moment.  Charlton, Pompey, Ipswich, Wigan, Wycombe and maybe Bolton will be the others to watch out for imo.

So either way, I can see at least 9-10 very strong league 1 teams to get past, and that's assuming we can assemble a half decent squad.

It could be a very bumpy ride, but at least we have a manager who knows the league a bit. That is the only positive I can see at the moment.

Gary Madine back at Hillsborough? 

6 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Feel it will be best for us for Sunderland to go up in the playoffs, that will mean Wednesday, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Charlton as the 4 biggest clubs in the league next season. 

Agreed, Sunderland have their new owners so I doubt they will want to be hanging around league 1.  Best they go up this summer and let us compete with the rest for players 

On my way home tonight, I stopped at the Gordano services and there was the Plymouth team on the driver enforced regulatory rest stop, a long way back from defeat away at Gillingham.

And then I remembered these two teams in far flung lands will be among the more dangerous of opposition next season.

Depressing.

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Going to be grim.

There's already some *big* teams down there but no doubt you'll get a lot of these teams busting a long to get one over us.

They really won’t...swfc don’t mean poo to anybody anymore..and these ‘tinpot’ teams playing at Hillsboro in front of about 15,000 is not goin to be 5heir Wembley...we need to lose this billy big balls attitude

5 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Also don’t forget we’ve got the first round of the FA Cup to look forward to as well. 

Brilliant. Again, thanks DC.

There’s a chance we might get on telly when drawn away to Jossy’s Giants in round 1 

• Haha 1

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

There’s a chance we might get on telly when drawn away to Jossy’s Giants in round 1 

Oh no don’t.

I remember the last few times our cup games have been on TV. Swansea, Chelsea and Man City. All thoroughly tedious affairs where we never even tried. I don’t think the Beeb will be rushing to get us back on again……

I love when our fans think we are this big club 

We are absolutely nothing 

It ain't the 90s anymore 

This club has been 5h1t for 25 years 

52 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Also don’t forget we’ve got the first round of the FA Cup to look forward to as well. 

Brilliant. Again, thanks DC.

There is that but there’s also the chance that our games won’t be cancelled due to international games.