Customers

I really don’t think reality has hit Chansiri yet.  

Attendances will be significantly down on pre COVID years.  He has backed himself in to an absolute corner with his pricing policy that he can’t just simply  lower ticket prices.  There is no genuine third party investment / sponsorship etc.

Chansiri is your Thai equivalent of Del Boy.  His running of a business is worse than that Ratner fella.  

I don’t want a statement from Chansiri unless it is to the effect that he doesn’t own the club.  No public apology will wash with me.  He should buy himself and Atti a PS5 and play FIFA on that - anything but F***K our club and the fans over again and again.

• Like 6

He never said we were customers .. but why let facts get in the way.

He said we refer to ourselves as supporters  but then some behaviour like customers.

Sorry I know the truth hurts the agenda in this forum. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dowls said:

He said we refer to ourselves as supporters  but then some behaviour like customers.

Think Katrien said it of Charlton "customers" 

He also said (About refunds)

"I understand the fan’s passion and understand that when we don’t get results, the fan’s get more mad to ask for refunds.

If you think you are a fan or a supporter, you need to understood in the end you will get that back.

Instead you have to be a customer and you have to push and get it back, then call yourself customer, don’t call yourself a supporter."

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Not interested but haven't been for a while now. This last year has, largely, killed my interest in football in general but the absolute carcrash of Ch*nsiri means I'm just not going to bother with directly supporting us until he's f*cked off and is no longer involved with the club in any shape or form.

• Like 3

Match day prices have and will continue to lose us a generation of fans

Ive banged this drum since Chansiri came here

Pay on the gate prices were utterly disgraceful in the championship playing half decent teams

Bring on the likes of Cambridge.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dowls said:

You are allowing him to have his cake and eat it. 

Chansiri has been happy to exploit the difference between “supporters” and “customers”, raising prices across the board and relying on peoples tolerance as football supporters to go along with it.

As soon as he receives any dissent or scrutiny, then there’s a distinction. A distinction between those who will continue to give him money without a fuss, regardless of what he’s doing or if he’s earned it (supporters) and those who won’t (customers). 

As a supporter, DC’s expectation is that you shut up and pay his asking price for the product he’s delivering irrespective of quality. His referring of “customers” in this example is nothing more than a dismissive rejection of anyone who questions him or has the audacity to not tow the money line for his product. 

This distinction between supporters and customers is a luxury only afforded to football, and that quote from DC is nothing more than a rant because folk have - for once - broken that luxury for him. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

You are allowing him to have his cake and eat it. 

Chansiri has been happy to exploit the difference between “supporters” and “customers”, raising prices across the board and relying on peoples tolerance as football supporters to go along with it.

As soon as he receives any dissent or scrutiny, then there’s a distinction. A distinction between those who will continue to give him money without a fuss, regardless of what he’s doing or if he’s earned it (supporters) and those who won’t (customers). 

As a supporter, DC’s expectation is that you shut up and pay his asking price for the product he’s delivering irrespective of quality. His referring of “customers” in this example is nothing more than a dismissive rejection of anyone who questions him or has the audacity to not tow the money line for his product. 

This distinction between supporters and customers is a luxury only afforded to football, and that quote from DC is nothing more than a rant because folk have - for once - broken that luxury for him. 

Just wanted to say that's a f*cking brilliantly well put comment. Totally spot on.

5 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

As a customer will you be prepared to pay the same price as two seasons ago for a sub standard product? 

That's our team not the opposites

Firstly, nice plug for a good charity (Sheffield Hospitals Charity- not Wednesday). As for the question no, I wouldn’t really be prepared to pay the same. I expect the cost to come down. But hand on heart. I do want to go to Hillsborough next season to watch games. If the price is the same as it was I’ll ***** and moan. But, I’ll probably pay it because I want to go to the games. I’ve checked with my dad (who’s 80 now) and he’s desperate to go. And doesn’t give a monkeys how much it is. He’s mainly worrying about if fans will be let in and if he can keep his favourite seat!