• Paterson
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Green
    • Kachunga

On 09/05/2021 at 13:04, hirstyboywonder said:

Bannan had a below par game yesterday but we scored from one of his set pieces. Windass took the first few corners - the first one went over everyone and out of play.

We are lower mid-table in terms of goals from set pieces this season, not bad for a bottom 3 team comparatively. The top teams tend to score from a set piece once every 2.5 games. I'm not sure what people expect of our corners sometimes. 

His only other corner was a short one to Bannan who didn't beat the first man with his cross.

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

His only other corner was a short one to Bannan who didn't beat the first man with his cross.

0% success rate from the change of corner taker then! 

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

First one was a range finder, but captain interfered and wasn't letting anyone else show him up.

Bannans were poor yet again.

Of course you have allowed Bannan to get away with 'range finders' haven't you!!!!!

We scored from 1 of Bannan's!

How many goals do you think teams score per game from set pieces? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Of course you have allowed Bannan to get away with 'range finders' haven't you!!!!!

We scored from 1 of Bannan's!

How many goals do you think teams score per game from set pieces? 

Yes we did luckily. But he did manage to find an opposition player with it.

Bannan has been taking range finders all season.

Bannan has the same number of assists this season as Kadeem Harris.

Let that sink in.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Yes we did luckily. But he did manage to find an opposition player with it.

Bannan has been taking range finders all season.

Bannan has the same number of assists this season as Kadeem Harris.

Let that sink in.

If the corner was that bad the defender would have been able to clear it rather than failing to do so.

Sheffield Wednesday = joint 12th for goals from set pieces this season - not bad for the 24th best team eh. Considering the fact we won less corners and attacking free-kicks than most due to our limp attack and lack of ability to hold the ball in the final 3rd this stat is even better. 

Sorry if that disappoints you.

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If the corner was that bad the defender would have been able to clear it rather than failing to do so.

Sheffield Wednesday = joint 12th for goals from set pieces this season - not bad for the 24th best team eh. Considering the fact we won less corners and attacking free-kicks than most due to our limp attack and lack of ability to hold the ball in the final 3rd this stat is even better. 

Sorry if that disappoints you.

5 assists for Barry all season the same as Kareem Harris, now that’s disappointing 

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

5 assists for Barry all season the same as Kareem Harris, now that’s disappointing 

Ignore the corner stats that made you look a bit daft and continue to ignore his all round game compared to that of Harris.

I'll leave you to our hatred of our best player, seems a bit strange to me. You must be a pleasure to sit near at games! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Ignore the corner stats that made you look a bit daft and continue to ignore his all round game compared to that of Harris.

I'll leave you to our hatred of our best player, seems a bit strange to me. You must be a pleasure to sit near at games! 

He’s not our best player and Harris offers a lot more defensively.How on earth have the corners made me look daft?

He’s not our best player and Harris offers a lot more defensively.How on earth have the corners made me look daft?

Because statistically we are 12th best in the division for goals from set pieces despite hardly winning any set pieces compared to most and the fact we are the 24th best team with no focal point to aim for from set pieces in an attacking sense.

Who is our best player? 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Because statistically we are 12th best in the division for goals from set pieces despite hardly winning any set pieces compared to most and the fact we are the 24th best team with no focal point to aim for from set pieces in an attacking sense.

Who is our best player? 

Despite winning hardly any set pieces? Lol

Bannan is not our best player. 
He has never been a first teamer anywhere else, why is that?

Despite winning hardly any set pieces? Lol

Bannan is not our best player. 
He has never been a first teamer anywhere else, why is that?

Comparative to the rest of the league yes!

He used to play for teams in the Premier League, he played a fair few games at that level.

WHO IS OUR BEST PLAYER? WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER THIS EVERY TIME?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Comparative to the rest of the league yes!

He used to play for teams in the Premier League, he played a fair few games at that level.

WHO IS OUR BEST PLAYER? WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER THIS EVERY TIME?

Our best player is either Luongo or Iorfa or Windass of the ones left.

2 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Our best player is either Luongo or Iorfa or Windass of the ones left.

Ha ha!

Your previous post had a go at Bannan for not being able to hold down a place in the Premier League. Remind me again how many these 2 greats of the game have played at that level? 

Luongo has barely been able to walk for us never mind play. I know you like mentioning Bannan's wage, so how much of his wage has Luongo earned?

Iorfa? How many times has he appeared in a Wednesday shirt or performed in a winning team at any level? 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ha ha!

Your previous post had a go at Bannan for not being able to hold down a place in the Premier League. Remind me again how many these 2 greats of the game have played at that level? 

Luongo has barely been able to walk for us never mind play. I know you like mentioning Bannan's wage, so how much of his wage has Luongo earned?

Iorfa? How many times has he appeared in a Wednesday shirt or performed in a winning team at any level? 

They’re still better players than Bannan

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

They’re still better players than Bannan

As someone recently said - Unfortunately there’s a lot more to football than that.

Like being fit enough to play would be of benefit.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As someone recently said - Unfortunately there’s a lot more to football than that.

Like being fit enough to play would be of benefit.

Joey Pelupessy is always fit. Does that mean he’s a better player than Luongo and Iorfa?

Joey Pelupessy is always fit. Does that mean he’s a better player than Luongo and Iorfa?

No.

You are the one that likes to reference Bannan's wage in comparison to his contribution though so it is interesting that you don't feel the same about others. Luongo isn't earning buttons from us. 

Iorfa is a solid enough defender but seems to have got better as a result of not playing a major part this season yet in the 10 league games he played we only got 9 points - worse than our overall points per game.