• Paterson
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Green
    • Kachunga

3 hours ago, A47Owl said:

I'm not going to do a poll. Just tell us your MOM. 

I'd give it Hutch or Rhodes. 

Hutch for his goal and subsequent shock celebration and Rhodes for his bravery. 

3 hours ago, Revenant said:

Has to be Rhodes. He put his body on the line for two of our goals today.

He really did not need too, apparently, as he's out of contract and he hadn't been paid (on time), but the guy is a professional and he turned up and gave his all for 90 minutes.

He's also persistently been ostracised by the club on many occasions during his time at Wednesday, but he put that aside when given his chances this season and nearly kept us up today.

I wish him well for the future. 

Credit Rhodes indeed, 2 assists and like you say body on the line today....can be proud of how he played today and most of the season tbh.

Most of the performances today summarised our season really, high expectations and failure to deliver...Dunkley & Westwood I thought were pretty poor and the likes of Bannan, Reach and Windass I don't think played bad they just didn't play well, your big players can't go missing in games like this. It's just been the same old story, how many times have 1 or 2 individual errors cost us points this season? especially in these last few games, we've never looked like staying up. 29 points lost from winning positions (league high) and lost every single game where we conceded first...easy to see why we finished bottom of the league.

Rhodes, Pelupessy, Hutchinson perhaps the only ones who were a '7 or better' and well done to them for leaving it all out there.

Westwood 0

Hutch 2

Dunkley -100

Borner 0

Palmer 0

Reach 0

Bannan 1

Pelupessy 1

Windass 0

Paterson 0

Rhodes 5 motm

Kachunga 0

Harris 0

Bannan and Windass below par. Dunkley forgot he was a footballer.

Can't even beat possibly the worst Derby team in my lifetime.

Can't even finish above Wycombe arguably the worst team ever in Championship history.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Westwood 5

Hutch 7

Dunkley 4

Borner 6

Palmer 6

Reach 5

Bannan 7

Pelupessy 6

Windass 5

Paterson 6

Rhodes 7 motm

Dunkley defensively was a 3 second half. 

Palmer a 3 for being absent when the cross came in for the Waghorn header. And 3 for Dunkley failing to challenge for it and poor marking and tackling for their penalty. Agree with rest.

5 hours ago, Revenant said:

Has to be Rhodes. He put his body on the line for two of our goals today.

He really did not need too, apparently, as he's out of contract and he hadn't been paid (on time), but the guy is a professional and he turned up and gave his all for 90 minutes.

He's also persistently been ostracised by the club on many occasions during his time at Wednesday, but he put that aside when given his chances this season and nearly kept us up today.

I wish him well for the future. 

Yeah he must be a bit skint with the late wages...........couldnt make it up..

• Haha 1

Still can't believe Dunkley made that challenge without noticing Borner was making the covering run. Hope we keep Borner. Lad is gold. Slated because he slipped once just back from injury.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Westwood 5

Hutch 7

Dunkley 4

Borner 6

Palmer 6

Reach 5

Bannan 7

Pelupessy 6

Windass 5

Paterson 6

Rhodes 7 motm

Dunkley defensively was a 3 second half. 

pretty much nailed it with those ratings

Rhodes MoM for me, he stuck his head in where it hurts and got injured in the process. He could have a easily hidden and protected himself like other have. Just wish we had seen this commitment for the last 3.5 years.

Before the match I thought it was a good call to bring back Dunkley as we have struggled in the air recently but he had a poor game.

The rest huffed and puffed but conceding 2 goals in 5 minutes straight after half time when they should have been focused highlights the mental weakness that we have seen time and time again.

The end of the road for a lot of those players who's contract ends today, the only one that leaves with a good memory is Westwood, who was a great signing and for four years was premiership class. Yesterday like most of this season he was poor as age has caught up with him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pulixifer said:

Still can't believe Dunkley made that challenge without noticing Borner was making the covering run. Hope we keep Borner. Lad is gold. Slated because he slipped once just back from injury.

Hi Julian..

• Haha 2

I honestly couldn’t name 1 who even slightly stood out, so I’ll give it Rhodes for his bravery and being in the right spot. Joey as well wasn’t too bad I suppose 

Windass & Patterson in particular were shocking. Bannan went missing again and his set pieces/delivery were rubbish 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

I honestly couldn’t name 1 who even slightly stood out, so I’ll give it Rhodes for his bravery and being in the right spot. Joey as well wasn’t too bad I suppose 

Windass & Patterson in particular were shocking. Bannan went missing again and his set pieces/delivery were rubbish 

Bannan had a below par game yesterday but we scored from one of his set pieces. Windass took the first few corners - the first one went over everyone and out of play.

We are lower mid-table in terms of goals from set pieces this season, not bad for a bottom 3 team comparatively. The top teams tend to score from a set piece once every 2.5 games. I'm not sure what people expect of our corners sometimes. 

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Bannan had 1 corner that failed to beat the first man, that’s it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Bannan had 1 corner that failed to beat the first man, that’s it.

‘Set pieces/Delivery’ , meaning set pieces and generally delivery like crosses & passes 

Edited by FreshOwl

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

‘Set pieces/Delivery’ , meaning set pieces and generally delivery like crosses & passes 

so not set pieces then

you mean crosses and passes

Edited by McRightSide

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

so not set pieces then

you mean crosses and passes

I honestly don’t care enough to be pedantic mate. Delivery as in delivery of the ball, however you want to define it 

Jordan Rhodes was comfortably our best player and showed effort and commitment lacking in the usual suspects. I’m going to be sorry to see him go (assuming he won’t be wanting to play in L1) and I remain convinced that for whatever reason, he didn’t get a fair crack in his time at S6. I feel fairly sure that his next manager, quite possibly Mick McCarthy, will make much better use of him.