Darren Moore said there's not been any League 1 planning

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think any football team going into a season with (then) minus 12 would be extremely wise to extensively scout the division below all season. I would have made sure we had scouts watching 3 League One games per week since January, and a couple of League Two games a week too, to best identify possible players for a League One campaign next season.

To dismiss that as pessimism rather than simply pragmatic contingency planning seems daft to me. Thinking only at best a couple of months ahead rather than having one eye on the big 12-24 month picture is exactly why we have been relegated today.

Of course we will have looked at players and know of players as he’s managed their last season. This is all about DM giving the impression relegation wasn’t on their mind til now. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well, this comes as little surprise considering we don't appear to plan for anything at all. 

Crikey. I'm reminded once more of my jealousy that Barnsley have that bright spark young CEO...

"We have 3 plans, which are all running concurrently and 3 lists of different players, and 3 different budgets One for if we go up. One for if we retain our place and one for if we going down"

Seems a world away from us ...... the victims of a real life game of Championship Manager.

If we don’t go up, overspending cheats will rip us apart in the transfer window and condemn us to another relegation fight next season. Until the EFL act to stop the clubs who refuse to stick to the financial restraints that the EFL have put in place that we abide by we’re always going to be at a disadvantage. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DlNGLE said:

If we don’t go up, overspending cheats will rip us apart in the transfer window and condemn us to another relegation fight next season. Until the EFL act to stop the clubs who refuse to stick to the financial restraints that the EFL have put in place that we abide by we’re always going to be at a disadvantage. 

Some shrewd signings, a proper CEO and a well thought out managerial appointment...

Then you look at us. Throwing money at it.

I'd take your disadvantage at the moment. 

• Like 1