Darren Moore said there's not been any League 1 planning

43 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

The title just sums up the foresight by those running our great club. Will there be any planning with two weeks to go. Seemed like there was virtually no planning going into this season and look where we have ended up. League Two is a strong possible with the master of planning doing the pushing. 

There’s been no planning for the last 4 fecking years!

Guest whowantstoberich

Sorry but why the *** would you plan for relegation? The idea is to focus on trying to survive.

You can’t buy league one players yet anyway

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It is, but no surprise what so ever. 

Chansiri is so clueless he would have convinced himself we were never going to be relegated 

It's been glaringly obvious for months. Only a total fall away from Derby let us back in with a suprise chance. And we couldn't even beat them. I'm sure they were there for the taking today, but somehow the obvious got confirmed. With this possibility standing out like a sore thumb someone might have guessed that something could have got mentioned by now towards that direction. 

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I believe the phrase is "contingency planning"

I’d call it being pessimistic. There’s fizz all you can plan before the season has even ended anyway

Well, this comes as little surprise considering we don't appear to plan for anything at all. 

Crikey. I'm reminded once more of my jealousy that Barnsley have that bright spark young CEO...

"We have 3 plans, which are all running concurrently and 3 lists of different players, and 3 different budgets One for if we go up. One for if we retain our place and one for if we going down"

Seems a world away from us ...... the victims of a real life game of Championship Manager.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

The title just sums up the foresight by those running our great club. Will there be any planning with two weeks to go. Seemed like there was virtually no planning going into this season and look where we have ended up. League Two is a strong possible with the master of planning doing the pushing. 

Thicko !

Guest Mr. Christmas

Ego over basic intelligence. Or I suppose this was overconfidence to appeal to our least intelligent supporters ((are we all thicko-s) I suspect not) this is the type of behaviour from millionaires who will always be in the game and earning money irrespective of where they are. They don't want to be no longer millionaires more than anything. They will do whatever it takes to be part of the money machine. They will not step out of line 

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

I’d call it being pessimistic. There’s fizz all you can plan before the season has even ended anyway

I think any football team going into a season with (then) minus 12 would be extremely wise to extensively scout the division below all season. I would have made sure we had scouts watching 3 League One games per week since January, and a couple of League Two games a week too, to best identify possible players for a League One campaign next season.

To dismiss that as pessimism rather than simply pragmatic contingency planning seems daft to me. Thinking only at best a couple of months ahead rather than having one eye on the big 12-24 month picture is exactly why we have been relegated today.

• Like 2

I’m not surprised it hasn’t happened as his boss DC will not have permitted any talk of league one. 

DM will of course have his ideas and done his own preparation. When the dust settles the question will be which young players does he bring in to rebuild.

I’m clinging onto what has happened at Hull as they were a basket case last season