Moore’s the man

1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

He is a football manager, his job is to manage the squad, however weak it is. He knew when he came what the constraints would be, he was brought in to get the best out of the existing squad. His success is not conditional on him bringing in a completely new squad.

Who says he has a good reputation? He managed Doncaster at mid Division 1 level, so what? Is that what this club is aspiring to?

Exactly. Thought is he was desperate to gamble while others said No because deal only till end of season. It is a big job here. Not for a learner.

59 minutes ago, gingerknob1 said:

We have to somehow all stand together through this mess and believe we do the right things now, it’s that or league 2 beckons 

How do we all stand together exactly ?

What does that actually mean, if owt 

Just now, Nick the Owl said:

We'll agree to disagree. 

I'm more than happy to accredit the blame elsewhere,  you crack on blaming Moore, each to their own. 

That's fair enough bud. I'm not blaming Moore by the way, I'm saying I don't think he's shown enough to be manager we need to get us out of this. That's my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stripes or die said:

That's fair enough bud. I'm not blaming Moore by the way, I'm saying I don't think he's shown enough to be manager we need to get us out of this. That's my opinion.

Exactly. Not his fault, Decent guy. Not good enough on what we have seen. Patto at RWB last week convinced me..the most demanding role on the pitch, where AR fails all the time, and we put a rough and tough footballer in there. If necessary, do not play WBs even though it's fashionable.

4 minutes ago, flo said:

first task is to acheive safety in league one and solidify ourselves in that league. that would be a success all things considered. 

No chance . We should be did fav's.

We have the basis of a team to bounce back.

Dawson

Iorfa/Dunklely/Hutch

Luongo / Bannan/Hunt / Bish

Windass / Green / Paterson

A few smart additions to supplement

The defence at rwb / Lwb

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Duran said:

No chance . We should be did fav's.

We have the basis of a team to bounce back.

Dawson

Iorfa/Dunklely/Hutch

Luongo / Bannan/Hunt / Bish

Windass / Green / Paterson

A few smart additions to supplement

The defence at rwb / Lwb

that team is league 2 quality. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Maybe..but on a team that can afford the luxury. We could not. Mind you could leave out BB instead!

BB did sign a new contract but I still think he will be playing in the championship as well , get ready for bashiru  and pelupessy in midfield lol

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

He inherited a shît show of a squad. 

he’s the man to take us forward

i believe. 

Some baffling decisions re: subs lately but he's figuring the squad out. I like his attitude and general demeanour. He's a defender, and our defence is a horrorshow at times.

Hope he brings in some good attacking coaches but I'd be very happy to see him here long-term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Same here

Ignore the haters and the loonies and the stirrers

Moore is the man

I’m desperate for this to be the case, but why are we basing it on? 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

He inherited a shît show of a squad. 

he’s the man to take us forward

i believe. 

not to mention he fought with his life with covid and pneumonia and came out today clearly sick, some of these weapons on here calling his head need to have a word to themselves, the real issue is the dictator upstairs whos daddy turned off the taps

Criticising Moore doesn’t forgive Chansiri any of his numerous sins. Rather it’s just acceptance of the fact that he has been a poor appointment who averages less than a point per game, has no record to speak of and left Doncaster in a dire slump. Look at the bounce Bowyer gave Birmingham,

1 hour ago, WBridgfordowl said:

He’s inherited a poor squad, but not the worse in terms of talent. I wonder if an average manager might have kept us up. It’s impossible to say, but I’ve seen nothing in his team selections, tactics and ability to change a game to give me any confidence. 

The dust needs to settle etc but I wouldn’t be too sorry to see him go. 

Had we not given a penalty away we’d have stopped up and he’d be a hero presumably. A fine margin which often isn’t a true reflection. The dropping of points at various other stages in the last few weeks has also cost us.

I think that it’s difficult to judge given what he’s walked into and not forgetting he should still be on sick leave and has been for how long? No one can go full tilt on the man management side when not around.

Anyway, I think we’d look even more stupid and in denial (if it matters/can get worse) to sack another manager after going through how many?

I think we stick with someone who plays attacking football and can develop some young talent as that is our only option now. If there is an obvious candidate who smacks the club in the eyes and is willing to come then that’s different but otherwise I don’t think we’d be any further forward