Chey Dunkley

4 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

Shut up, grow up, you could say the same to the entire squad who have been ******** poor all season. The season and relegation is not hinged on one challenge by Dunkley...

Whilst of course the squad have been poor, Actually brainiac it did. If he hadn’t made the challenge and it was looking like the guy was being closed down and going wide, we stay up. The team will have been briefed on things, this wasn’t just another match and we were winning! Surely this was a match where YOU DONT GIVE A PENALTY AWAY.

I’m Sorry for him for his mistake but it actually DID cost us survival. You live by lives decisions. So please sod off, and I think you’ll find you’re the minority on this thread.

You don't pin blame of relegation on one man after 46 matches and a season ending in relegation... or actually, you can do, and the name should be Chansiri for ******** up this club so badly we started out with -12, how crucial those 6 points ended up being...

But, seeing as you're too emotionally caught up to see past Dunkley's mistake, there's no reason to debate it, but this relegation is not on him.

• Like 2

The more I think about it it’s incredible Dunkley started ahead of the better and match fit Urhoghide. What were they thinking on that decision? They picked a bloke just because he can shout a bit more? If it was an organisational issue surely Borner and Hutch have enough bloody experience between them? 

• Like 5

Why blame Dunkley, what about the rest of the players that put us in that position. Its the results throughout the season not just today, there has been many times where players just haven't turned up at least he created Borners goal 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The more I think about it it’s incredible Dunkley started ahead of the better and match fit Urhoghide. What were they thinking on that decision? They picked a bloke just because he can shout a bit more? If it was an organisational issue surely Borner and Hutch have enough bloody experience between them? 

It was a ludicrous decision by Moore and Co.

Urgohide is faster and stronger than Dunkley and more mobile. Hutchison is better than a Dunkley at CB. Borner gives the balance with his left foot. How Dunkley started that game I will never know.

He is slow, cumbersome and thinks he’s better than he is. Does far too much talking on social media and is one of those who plays up to the gullible with his shouting.

He is very poor and not good enough for league 1 top 6. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Another absolute clanger from this management team

Looking back on the subs and tactical decisions the last 5 games, I am losing confidence in the lot of them - nothing to do with the players, the decisions have been mental at times

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The coordination between the three was terrible. And central defence marking v poor 

9 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Urgohide is faster and stronger than Dunkley and more mobile. Hutchison is better than a Dunkley at CB. Borner gives the balance with his left foot. How Dunkley started that game I will never know.

He is slow, cumbersome and thinks he’s better than he is. Does far too much talking on social media and is one of those who plays up to the gullible with his shouting.

I mean he’s faster and more mobile but he isn’t stronger than Dunkley ffs.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

To be fair he has been good enough for top 6 League One before in the not too distant past.

He was poor today and has hardly been a revelation in any of the games he has played. A poor signing for a Championship team last summer but still some hope he might be a decent squad player next season, tempered by the fact his injury last year might have a negative impact on his overall level of performance now.

8 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Am I the only one not blaming Dunkley? Without him we don’t score the third and it’s not his fault that they’ve played 2/3 passes that took them from defence to carving us open? 

Not sure if blame is the right word but for Waghorns first Dunkley is badly positioned and reacts too slowly. A 6’1” defender who’s allegedly in the team for his ariel presence shouldn’t allow someone 5’8” to score in a game like today. The tackle for the penalty gets worse every time you look at it given Borner was covering. Dunkley shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Mistakes like those were likely to happen when he wasn’t match sharp but his errors have cost us dear. 

7 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

It was a courageous call by DM to bring him back today after so long on the sidelines - was involved in some big moments in the game, but overall, I didn’t think he played badly.

It was the wrong call to bring Dunkley in with no match fitness or sharpness. We conceded 3 and his was the decisive mistake for 2 of them. He therefore did play badly. I’m not bad mouthing him or calling for his head. Just telling it how it actually was. 

Guest LondonOwl313

If you’d said to me at the start of today that we were going to score 3 goals, I’d have snapped your hand off. Naturally I’d assume that would win the game.

The defence today was the reason we lost. If we had a back 3 of Hutchinson Lees Iorfa today we win the game 3-1. Dunkley and Borner cost us with their bad defending. And I don’t care that they scored 1 at the other end, because anybody can play head tennis.. their job is to defend. Derby should have had another if it wasn’t for Westwood too

I wrote on this forum yesterday, when I saw the team that picking Dunkley was a big mistake. 

Come on it was obvious that he should never have started this game given his time out and serious injuries. 

I am just a lay person and could see this. How come a professional like DM couldn't see this? 

I'm still not convinced that he's got full control of team selection. 

Any competent manager would have known that Dunkley absolutely should not have started. 

I'll say it again. 

I told you so. 

17 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

He is 1 player,  he was crap today but he didn't get us relegated,  nor did Moore's decision to play him. We were relegated over 46 games,  a few managers and a imbalanced,  poor squad that regularly didn't get paid. 

Look at the boardroom for blame,  no point looking elsewhere. 

I couldn't agree more. Ive been coming up with all sorts of reasons why we got relegated. There are many but the one stand out thing for me is we have thrown away 27 or so points after being in the lead. 

15 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I wrote on this forum yesterday, when I saw the team that picking Dunkley was a big mistake. 

Come on it was obvious that he should never have started this game given his time out and serious injuries. 

I am just a lay person and could see this. How come a professional like DM couldn't see this? 

I'm still not convinced that he's got full control of team selection. 

Any competent manager would have known that Dunkley absolutely should not have started. 

I'll say it again. 

I told you so. 

Yet people want to give Moore a chance 

Whatever is said about the players - his decisions are ridiculous 

Pelupessy playing 90 minutes 

Attacking subs coming on AT 90 minutes 

Bringing Dunkley in who was flat footed all game 

Playing out for a 0-0 against Forest at home

Tactically hanging on and absorbing a 1-0 win against Bristol at home 

Nothing to do with the players - tactics, decisions and game management that he's failed at. 

• Like 1

He's been recovering from a serious injury pretty much all season has played very little time and for some reason people are expecting him to be 100% ....absolute madness. Give him a break. He deserves a chance we haven't even seen him fully fit. Before his injury he was standout at Wigan. The fact that he was picked for Derby shows how little we have for cover in the position.