Chey Dunkley

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Am I the only one not blaming Dunkley? Without him we don’t score the third and it’s not his fault that they’ve played 2/3 passes that took them from defence to carving us open? 

He was dogga all game

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

Not his fault we are down but not good enough in this league.

Will likely be fine next season if he's not injured all the time. 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He was dogga all game

Except for the assist yea? I imagine that’s why he played for attacking set plays and to give us some leadership. Maybe he’s rusty, made mistakes but he was no worse than any other player on the pitch today IMO. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Except for the assist yea? I imagine that’s why he played for attacking set plays and to give us some leadership. Maybe he’s rusty, made mistakes but he was no worse than any other player on the pitch today IMO. 

Jesus Christ mate he headed a ball across goal 

All game he was slow on the turn, pumped balls out of of play and got caught out in position 

Read between the lines - he was crap 

• Like 2

Difficult for him given a lack of game time. Perhaps Urhoghide is off and that’s why he isn’t picked?

He is a player who will not shy away but the lack of practice was evident at key moments.

The penalty has cost us, but if the team wasn’t going gung ho when already leading he wouldn’t have been put into a foot race with a nippy substitute

torn on this i felt the striker angle was directly to westwood who maybe pulls the save, just wanted it too much. This wasnt to today and if I am honest Derby dont deserve, Rotherham battered Cardiff and the backlog of fixtures gave us this shout. Derby are very very lucky tonight 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Dunkley as rusty as my outhouse door hinges..............what was Moore thinking .........

Kachunga, Harris and Green...............as I predicted............stupid subs, too late and wrong players.

Kachunga..how much of him do you need to see and how much thinking about being released from Hudds , when selecting this guy?

22 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

He made us a goal and cost us a goal.

Yeah, it was a clumsy challenge, but we would have been 2-2 anyway if he hadn't set up the third.

Spot on. Not a good challenge but we over committed and exposed ourselves to the threat of the extra pace that Derby had up front. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Difficult for him given a lack of game time. Perhaps Urhoghide is off and that’s why he isn’t picked?

He is a player who will not shy away but the lack of practice was evident at key moments.

The penalty has cost us, but if the team wasn’t going gung ho when already leading he wouldn’t have been put into a foot race with a nippy substitute

Urhoghide makes mistakes all the time. Very naive. Where was the guy in the last two months whom Celtic wanted who is not good enough for us?

25 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

He made us a goal and cost us a goal.

Yeah, it was a clumsy challenge, but we would have been 2-2 anyway if he hadn't set up the third.

Cost us 2. He was caught flat footed for Waghorns header. 

The bloke just stood there scratching his arris

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Am I the only one not blaming Dunkley? Without him we don’t score the third and it’s not his fault that they’ve played 2/3 passes that took them from defence to carving us open? 

He didn't have an appalling game outside of a couple of dodgy moments. Borner, Palmer and Hutch weren't loads better. And any one of our backline would've given away the exact same penalty in that situation, Lees included.

We've been thick as mince in terms of stupid challenges all season, across the whole team, and he was too. We just aren't clever footballers, as a group. I'm not sure how you fix that, it's one of the most exprienced (i.e. oldest) teams in the division. RIdiculous how naive we look, week after week. Majority of teams made up of garbage 19-year-olds look way more savvy.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

It’s Moore’s fault. We’ve seen enough of Dunkley to know how poor he is, let alone bringing him in from the cold. Urhoghide isn’t great but he is at least up to speed with playing in this defence.

Moore and JS have 13 points out of 42 ( I think). Lousy system, mad playing out from the back, would not play Rhodes enough,  would not play Shaw and different wingers in and out of the team even now.

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Jesus Christ mate he headed a ball across goal 

All game he was slow on the turn, pumped balls out of of play and got caught out in position 

Read between the lines - he was crap 

Ah, it’s so easy to put jump your man and head the ball back into danger. Makes me wonder why we don’t do it 2/3 times a game every game. 

What we do do more often than our jump defenders in their box is make defensive mistakes. Even when he doesn’t play. So I’m left wondering is it him that’s the problem or something else??