Sack Darren Moore tomorrow

I’m already over it,  relegation was inevitable and has been for months 

Most important thing now is the club moving forward, tommorow AM Darren Moore should be absolutely bombarding the owner with his plans for next season , retained list should be done and dusted already 

5 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

This is exactly the kind of daft post that makes so many Owlstalk threads a waste of time. Go and vent your anger somewhere else. The bloke's been at death's door for ffs. 

Deaths door? 

Give it a rest hahahhah

To give a balanced view. Moore’s decisions were poor today. Selecting Dunkley was a  “Roy of the Rovers” decision, hoping someone who’s not match sharp, who’s hardly played would be a hero. Instead Dunkley lost Waghorn for the first and conceded a needless penalty for the goal that sent us down.

Picking Bannan and Pelupessy in a midfield 2 was a mistake. They’ve never worked and their lack of pace and power makes it hard for us to build pressure because teams can break on us too easily. 
Replacing Rhodes who looked up for it all game and played a crucial part in 2 goals was a mistake. I don’t think he was injured. 
Good managers make big decisions which win big games. 
However, I was pleased when we brought Moore in. 
He has made significant improvements to the attacking side of our game. This is not an opinion, it is fact, We have scored more goals and created  a lot more chances under Moore.  
I have personally enjoyed watching the team under Moore. I can see what he’s trying to do.

He has been seriously ill during his short time here. That is not his fault. 
He inherited a team in disarray. That’s not his fault. 
On balance, should he be given a chance to rebuild and build his own squad? I think yes but with less confidence than when he was announced as our manager. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

- didn’t cause the 6 point deduction 

- didn’t sign any of these players 

- isn’t the one that failed to pay players during the most important weeks for this club 

- been off with a serious illness

NONE of this is his fault .

^^^^ this 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

If you think Moore should keep his job and be backed your having yourself on. His tactics have been totally wrong setting up to not have a go in so many games. He is nieve and had messed things up at Doncaster just before he left. He has no real plan B and talks testicles after games. I really really wanted him to work out but he isn't good enough and will fall short.

Chansiri needs to go asap but probably will take years to get shut of and If we can keep Bannan and Iorfa ALL THE REST CAN GO!

COMPLETE TOP TO BOTTOM OVERHAUL

"Not having a go" - 18 shots away at Middlesbrough and another 18 at QPR, 20 shots against Bristol City. Even today we scored 3 away at Derby. This is the most we have created all season. Tactics were fine but we have a squad with little cutting edge up front and error-prone defenders at the back.

We've seen how bad we were with other managers, even when we had a fit Luongo and Iorfa at the managers disposal.

• Like 1

I want Moore to be a success, as much as I did Luhukay, Monk and Pulis because I want Wednesday to be a success.  But anyone who thinks Harris should be on a football pitch raises serious doubts in my mind.  

Having said that until Chansiri leaves we could have any manager and they won’t be successful.  

Just hoping something happens to make Chansiri want to sell 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, malek said:

Made us even worst since he took over.

Poor team selections, poor tactics, poor substitutes, failing to motivate players before most important games we played in a decade. Instead of keeping us up he lead us to the bottom of the league.

Can't even start to comprehend what made him pick unfit Dunkley who didn't play for first team or U-23's in months (and who is awful anyway) in front of Urhoghide who did little wrong this season and let him cost us the game and Championship survival.

I would never trust him to oversee next season's squad rebuild.

Hope Moore is healthy again, but also hope that he will fu'k off before day is over.

Malek, you usually talk a lot of sense on here, but this I'm afraid is garbage.

And I'm afraid that Urhoghide is gone. Not Moore's fault that one, so I can't fault him with going with the player still playing for his future at the club.

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

By all means, let's get some has-been with a 'track record' like Pulis in. Will be gone in three months, and you can get another legend in.

Moore's track record is making West Brom better, making Doncaster better, and now, despite not being able to recruit any new players, making our team clearly better. The last two months we've passed a football and created chances for the first time this season. Unfortunately our players weren't good enough to take them. But we need to draw a line in the sand and build a team.

People talk about the mentality of the players, but if they were half as bad as some of the people flapping about on this thread we'd have never have got above 0 points last season.

I guess everyones idea of making a team better differs but West Brom were in the Premiership when he took over and 9 points off automatic promotion in the Championship when he left.

Likewise with Wednesday, he managed to average less than 1 point a game and finished below Wycombe!!

Chasiri is the architect of the club’s relegation and the sooner he goes the better but the blind faith in Moore given his managerial record is just bizarre. 

• Like 3

Hows it Moores fault?

Look up from the dug out to the directors box..Theres only ONE person who owns this mess.

While fans from Deepcar, Oughtibridge, Stocksbridge, Hillsborough Walkley and all oer this city can't afford to fill the seats, so he can stare at his own f.ookin' name on the North....While we wait for a Dtaxi...or try to quench our thirst on a f.ookin' drink that doesn;'t exist..or maybe stand in mute silence for 2 minutes for someone we don't give a flyer about?...Respecting each others culture...?...While a Wednesday fans culture stands rotting alongside The Don...Once again the water flows past the the 3rd tier of English football?...Do me a favour...The fault is Chansiris...He single handedly has relegated the club...

Yea lets have a rant at Moore...While ignoring the 2 f.ookin' Golden Elephants in the room

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Deaths door? 

Give it a rest hahahhah

You reckon he's been away cos he's been on the Xbox? He's been ill. We all know why the club's in a mess, so going for the manager who's inherited a load of, according to the consensus on Owlstalk, poo, doesn't really move us forward. Don't you see the pattern? Umpteen managers, same poor performances. You can't make chicken soup with chicken $hit. You could argue they showed some fight today with Moore back on the touchlines. 

11 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

By all means, let's get some has-been with a 'track record' like Pulis in. Will be gone in three months, and you can get another legend in.

Moore's track record is making West Brom better, making Doncaster better, and now, despite not being able to recruit any new players, making our team clearly better. The last two months we've passed a football and created chances for the first time this season. Unfortunately our players weren't good enough to take them. But we need to draw a line in the sand and build a team.

People talk about the mentality of the players, but if they were half as bad as some of the people flapping about on this thread we'd have never have got above 0 points last season.

I guess everyones idea of making a team better differs but West Brom were in the Premiership when he took over and 9 points off automatic promotion in the Championship when he left.

Likewise with Wednesday, he managed to average less than 1 point a game and finished below Wycombe!!

Chasiri is the architect of the club’s relegation and the sooner he goes the better but the blind faith in Moore given his managerial record is just bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

Malek, you usually talk a lot of sense on here, but this I'm afraid is garbage.

And I'm afraid that Urhoghide is gone. Not Moore's fault that one, so I can't fault him with going with the player still playing for his future at the club.

Urhoghide is gone because he did very well for us. To play CB who played so little this season and who didn't appear for first team or U-23 side is asking for trouble. Guy is awful and contributed a lot to us getting relegated today.

Since taking over Moore made series of poor decisions and show nothing to make anyone believe that he can improve us.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Behave. Our issues are bigger than Moore.

Given our awful debt ridden situation and poor quality ownership, the quality of the manager we choose is the only advantage we can seize.

13 points out of 42 and daft decisions and formations has been enough for me. Let the guy get better but he is not good enough, a learner and an experimenter who can pick up a job with a third division team which will be happy to be in that division.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

The team is not better. It's a results based game.

Much as I think Moore hasn’t done anything this season to keep his job, we really can not afford a off season looking for another manager. We need to start to rebuild and that means bringing some stability and planning. At least we know Moore knows the league. 

Especially after this season, I just want some building to take place. You have to wonder if Monk could have done just enough to keep us up.

• Like 1