Sack Darren Moore tomorrow

37 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He's been absolutely poo

Neil Thompson did so much better with recently the same players. Bizarre selections, bizarre substitutions.

Anybody backing him knows nothing about football. Ridiculous that so many are.

685d63c091739c08df91fbc8375ae119.jpg

• Haha 1

We cant keep changing manager every 15 games.

Ron Atkinson is one of the greatest Wednesday managers in last 50 years and he took us down in his first full season.

Jack Charlton took about 2 years to get us moving upwards.

Have to a give a manager time to get things right.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kobayashi said:

. What I do know is that of all managers that have been at SWFC none has ever started badly and got better. I doubt this guy is going to be the exception.

bob brown ,jack charlton , ron atkinson ,all improved after poor starts ......there chairman stuck with them and they brought some  success .....

• Like 1

Anyone who can't see the improvement in intent to try and play football is a moron. The fact he has nothing at all, I mean nothing, to work with is hardly his fault. 

The reason this conversation exists is one person's responsibility, although the fact fans bang on about the manager at every opportunity just shows how thick they are and why chansiri can just sack someone and deflect the blame. Easiest and best trick in the book. 

Sack Moore. Recruit badly. 15th in league one. Who's fault is it....'I can't believe those subs, he didn't play him, what a joke, get him out!!!'

Recruit badly in league Two ' ffs!! These Managers! What's wrong with them!'..

Fans. People. Idiots.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What would you have done differently then? I’d have started Rhodes in every game but other than that his hands are tied because everyone on the bench is useless 

Rhodes every game.

Paterson midfield.

Harris right or not at all.

No Green.

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes every game.

Paterson midfield.

Harris right or not at all.

No Green.

Paterson has played midfield in a lot of the games.. I don’t get why Rhodes hasn’t played more. And Harris.. Christ he’s pathetic, absolutely no point in him taking anyone on as he just shanks it in to the stand from a good position every time 

Moore is as good as any other manager we could attract.

Sacking him would achieve absolutely nothing. It would be a change for change sake.

He will do ok next season, though we have to accept any manager will struggle to succeed will the club is run as it is.

• Like 2

He was out of his depth/comfort zone. The club and players had drowned before he came. Was he the right man - probably no, and the COVID situation didn't help.

he might be alright in L1, but it's a gamble.

What he does need is a new set of players, and fans not saying let's re-sign half of the shittee from the current squad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, debram said:

Correct, Chansiri or no Chansiri he is not the man to re build, what does he have on his cv to suggest different, we need a proven manager.

How about Pulis or maybe Monk? Oh wait how did that turn out.

Replace Moore and people will be after the next guys head 8 games later. And on and on indefinitely.....

• Like 1

Part of the post match interview from Moore says it all for me.

“I said to the players before the game, what with everything that’s been thrown at them this season, it’s a credit that it’s gone to the final day.

Key points lost all season. If Moore believes this then the players will feel sorry for themselves.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

bob brown ,jack charlton , ron atkinson ,all improved after poor starts ......there chairman stuck with them and they brought some  success .....

Bob Brown was before my time so I cannot answer that one. I don’t recall  the relegation we suffered under Jack Charlton ? My recollection is consistent if sometimes slow improvement. Ron Atkinson joined on a short term contract in late February to keep us up after the disaster of Eustace and that he achieved just that, unlike Moore. In the summer he hit a longer deal but The following season he got Wednesday  relegated which could be said to support the original argument that they rarely start badly and get better, it is usually the opposite of getting worse.

• Haha 1

We can’t keep changing managers. Moore came into a club with a losing mentality and couldn’t bring in any players. I think he’s shown enough to be given next season in but he has to be given complete control of recruitment and paxo needs to go 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Skiptonowl said:

Part of the post match interview from Moore says it all for me.

“I said to the players before the game, what with everything that’s been thrown at them this season, it’s a credit that it’s gone to the final day.

Key points lost all season. If Moore believes this then the players will feel sorry for themselves.

It’s rare for a manager to call the players out in the media because there’s not much positives that can come from it. If he’d done it 5 games ago you risk them downing tools when it’s still on mathematically.

Doing it today is pretty pointless because it’s done and a lot of them will be getting their P45s this week. Maybe if we’d been confirmed as relegated long before the end of the season and had nothing to play for, and we were down by more than 6 points so it wasn’t the EFL that relegated us, then they’d have got more flack in the media from the management 

It's not just this game, Moore has been consistently making bizzare team selections, poor tactics and the players look totally unmotivated.

What exactly is his good points? Somebody make a list, it will be very short

Edited by sethman75

9 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

How about Pulis or maybe Monk? Oh wait how did that turn out.

Replace Moore and people will be after the next guys head 8 games later. And on and on indefinitely.....

Pulis was not given time, he knew what was required to keep us up and chansiri would not listen, hey ho let's just settle for second best and yes men. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Pelupessy on the pitch for 93 minutes

You absolute utter shambles DM 

Tactically useless 

Start again with someone new

Yes let’s sack yet another manager as that has really proven to work, especially a manager who hasn’t been able to bring in any players yet. 
It seems Moore will be here next season and I’m glad personally. 
Let’s assume we got someone else in and after 3 months we are 14th in the league, you and others would no doubt be calling for another manager.

• Like 3

Most of these players out of contract and I can’t see any of them wanting to sign a new contract.

add to this a few of the players that are in contract and I think we will get a fee for a few of them (Bannan,windass)

only way forward is a reshuffle and a fair few signings to be made