Derby County V's Wednesday OMDT

21 minutes ago, AthensOwl said:

Absolutely. People should remember that the definitive thing that got us relegated was the financial irregularities that led to the deduction of six points.

It was actually a bit more basic than that - we just failed to have the paperwork in place by the required date.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Fückin fück! If they'd put as much effort in as today for last 6 weeks we'd be safe! 

I'd resigned myself to relegation weeks ago, but that today is still as heartwrenching and gutting as anything! 

Agree. But today was not inevitable. We nullified Windass by playing Patto upfront. And where was Palmer for the cross for goal 1? And no teamwork betteeen Dunkley and Borner. Our defensive play awful. Who is the real coach?

On 08/05/2021 at 14:52, Bluesteel said:

This is how I feel. A few weeks ago ambivalent and accepted.

But seconds before Cardiff scored we were ahead and staying up. It’s unbelievably cruel and similarly typical. 

Had we signed a target man at some point in the last 9 months I’d have fancied us to do something after that.

If someone told us yesterday that we’d score 3 at Derby and Rotherham drew what would be the odds of going down?! FFS

Didn’t Cardiff score after Derby equalised?

23 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

It was actually a bit more basic than that - we just failed to have the paperwork in place by the required date.

Which makes it all the more embarrassing.

We got relegated due to an administrative error.

Let that sink in.

• Like 2

On 08/05/2021 at 16:04, Wisenightowl said:

Over the course of the season we were better than Wycombe, Rotherham and Derby. That's a fact. 

Yes.

that’s why we lost to Wycombe once, and Rotherham twice. Those are facts, and they don’t care about your opinion.

On 08/05/2021 at 17:09, AthensOwl said:

Absolutely. People should remember that the definitive thing that got us relegated was the financial irregularities that led to the deduction of six points.

Not losing to Wycombe and Rotherham (twice) would have helped...no?

19 hours ago, pussface said:

Not losing to Wycombe and Rotherham (twice) would have helped...no?

Of course that's true, but based on the entirety of the results over the course of the full season we did better than three other teams. What was achieved by the team on the pitch, as shitty as it was, would normally have been enough to keep us up.

• Like 2