Derby County V's Wednesday OMDT

Thanks for accepting me to the maelstrom that is Owls talk. 

The major factor with both ourselves and Derby is the fact that neither can recover from going a goal behind. I see it as the first to score wins, which could lead to a very cagey and nervy game. Derby could shut up shop if Cardiff take a healthy lead, as a draw would do them. Just need us to score first. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pOWLtergeist said:

Thanks for accepting me to the maelstrom that is Owls talk. 

The major factor with both ourselves and Derby is the fact that neither can recover from going a goal behind. I see it as the first to score wins, which could lead to a very cagey and nervy game. Derby could shut up shop if Cardiff take a healthy lead, as a draw would do them. Just need us to score first. 

Welcome to our dysfunctional family mate.

Interesting point. Derby fans criticise Rooney for being negative and trying to stifle rather than impose. Given that a draw is likely to keep them up it’s quite possible he’ll be ultra-cagey which could play into our hands.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

DO NOT START HARRIS! 

DO NOT START HARRIS

DO NOT PLAY GREEN

DO NOT PLAY PATERSON RWB

DO NOT PLAY PALMER CB

DO NOT PLAY WINDASS LONE-STRIKER

DO NOT LEAVE RHODES ON THE BENCH

Basically, pick the team 99% of fans know to be our best fit Xl.

• Like 3

Thanks for accepting me in to the group. 100% from the 1st minute to the last, no half a*rsed tackles, and positive play from everyone on the pitch is what we all should expect today. Derby are here for the taking, absolute shambles of a club ( I know we aren't any better) Can't see Rovrum getting owt at Cardiff. UTO!!!

• Like 4

Guest Rodger
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

This morning is dragging. Wish the game would hurry up! Let’s get this done. 

Yeah, waiting has gone on long enough and just want it over with now. 

At least we got it to the last game - now we are here, let's at least give it our best - that's all we can expect and hope for.

A fragile Derby could be there for the taking, but we are in a similar position. I don't expect Rotherham to get a win at Cardiff - they'll have to upset the form book massively.

UTO

8 hours ago, therac said:

I have had one lobe of my lungs removed on Wednesday, and have made it home to watch the match. Please don't let me down guys. I already had two miracles this week in recovering this fast and having the possibility of a cure for this type of cancer, surely another one is possible? In a London hospital watching the European semis, in the beds round me we had one Liverpool, one Chelsea to one arsenal and two owls! Having established that, a passing nurse said she too was an owl. Best support in the world....

Give us something to cheer before Rotherham relegate us....

Good luck with your recovery. 

Hope the team give you a boost today.