Derby County V's Wednesday OMDT

11 minutes ago, Django said:

Derby appear to be as dreadful as us, it looks like it’s going to come down to who wants it more 😬

2 poor teams but if its based on who wants it more then we are down already , only team not to come back and get even a point this season in top 5 divisions thats nearly 5500 games , got to be some kind of record breaker this team.  says something that a poor rotherham team who have been awful lately are lower odds than us to win ,yet we are playing a team losing 6 in a row. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.6624365db757703f2715b514d75bf3f7.png 

"You seem in very good spirits this evening ,Sir"

"Indeed I am, Stubbs, indeed I am!"

"I must say I am  surprised. I thought perhaps you would be full of trepidation about tomorrows game, Sir"

"Not a jot. Not. A Jot. And shall I tell you why, Stubbs?"

"If you would like, Sir"

"Because."

"Because what, Sir?"

"Because Stubbs, I didn't think we'd get this far. Didn't think we'd get to this stage. I really didn't. My God, but it's been an awful season. Take out the Cardiff game and we have had literally nothing to be happy about. At all. This club is a complete shambles on and off the pitch."

"Well yes, exactly, Sir, and today could seal your fate to the third division"

"Yes, yes it could. But it won't."

"It won't?"

"No. Because the Gods are with us. Taken a shine to us. Lady Luck is with us!"

"She's has a funny way of showing it ,Sir"

"Not at all. I mean to say, you've seen some of our games this year?"

"Indeed I have, Sir, which is why I'm afraid I can't see where you have acquired this belief that Lady Luck is on your side."

"Well, we've been tosh, haven't we? Absolute pants. Poo.  Complete and utter bobbins, the whole season through. One of the worst seasons on record. Really. Some of the worst football we've seen. Some of the most depressing, inept, poke yourself in the eye with a splintery chip-fork performances that any Owl has ever had the misfortune to suffer. We couldn't win a kick in a riot. We've had 5 men picking the team from this desperado squad this season. We've never looked like a  unit under any of them. Never looked like a decent football team. Never looked like we'd score goals.  We seemingly pull names and formations out of the hat before kick off each week. We play players who struggle in their own positions...out of position, for a whole season! We've had long term Injuries to our best players right down the spine of the team too. And did I mention the points deduction? A mentally crushing points deduction. It has been absolutely ,100%, disastrous this season. Disastrous. But we're still here. On the last day of the season we're still here.  We should have been dead and buried, Stubbs! Dead and buried with everything that's gone on. With all that lot.  Yet here we are. Here we are, one win from safety. After all that! If that doesn't tell you we're lucky then nothing will!"

"Well, when you put it at that angle, Sir. I mean, I suppose you could look at it like that..."

"Exactly, Stubbs. Exactly! And I do."

"Very good. More tea, Sir?"

"Oh, this isn't tea Stubbs. It's red turps. I'll have another though. Only 14 hours until kick off."

28tam6.gif.4b7c84f51230990c250db6c58378d533.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derby County

V's

Wednesday

image.png.6fc5f3aba5eacc1a6836d8f72dd87cd3.png

Championship

Kick off: 12:30

Pride Park

Rooney may decide to match Sheffield Wednesday and start with a back five, which will likely see Nathan Byrne and Lee Buchanan feature as wing-backs.

Goalkeeper Kelle Roos has started the last two matches ahead of David Marshall and could keep his place in the side on Saturday.

Strikers Colin Kazim-Richards and Martyn Waghorn – who have scored a third of Derby's goals in the Championship this season, with 11 combined – are the most likely pair to lead the line, while midfielder Lawrence, who has three goals in his last six appearances, is set to start just behind them.

You'd pick yourself if you were Rooney. Wouldn't you? I mean ok, he's 35. But he's got to be better than anything they've got. You'd be tempted wouldn't you. "Ok Chaps, I'll play number ten. Give me the ball all the time and I'll take all the free kicks and any penalties."  I mean to say, you would, wouldn't you. 

He's got great discipline. He really has. Not with the booze and the grannys of course, but in terms of not throwing himself in there like Roy Race, a Boys own hero saving the day and the club. 

image.png.f65995218b3a8b76ecca7058fa27b6d5.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WEDNESDAY

Although Liam Palmer, Sam Hutchinson and Julian Borner started as the back three against Forest and kept a clean sheet, Moore may decide to start one of Chey Dunkley or Osaze Urhoghide, which would allow Palmer to play in a more natural right wing-back role.

This would also allow Callum Patterson – who began the game against Forest as a right wing-back – to start further forward and he could be joined in attack by Josh Windass and Jordan Rhodes.

Captain Barry Bannan has played in all 45 Championship matches this season and is set to lead the Owls out once again this weekend, playing in central midfield alongside Joey Pelupessy. There's talk of Luongo. But really. Who knows. Who knows what we'll see. 

I hope we've taken the blue shirts and just put some white shorts in the kit bag. I don't fancy that grey kit tomorrow or the green one really. They've got black shorts and white socks. I think we could get away with our stripes and blue socks if we just took a change of shorts.

image.png.913e1514e41e04914fb8eb92ccd809d6.png

COME

ON

WEDNESDAY!!

nccogghglpv.jpeg

Thanks for all the hard work this season Snoots...Pity the players don't put as much effort in....

maybe if they could just this once eh?

PLAY UP THE WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Here we go then.

Pride Park, the start of our great demise when another team of 11 blue and white bottle jobs let it slip and alas within weeks our Premier League status was no-more.

I don’t know, maybe it’s the football romantic in me but could this be our last bottoming out, a turning point, a miracle that takes us forward to better times?

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS!

One last dance!

• Like 3

I just don’t get it.

Against Forest:-

• Our RWB at CB
  • Our CAM at RWB
  • Our second pick RW at LF
  • Our RF at striker
  • Our only striker on the bench
  • A complete punt at RF

....and it didn’t work!?

If any fan has any idea how to maximise our chances of a win today, send your idea to:-

Pick your Best Players in their Best Position Competition

c/o Smith & Moore

Hillsborough Stadium

Sheffield 6

1st prize - A Championship place

2nd prize - A Saturday night in Fleetwood

3rd prize - A Friday and Saturday night in Fleetwood

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

As others have said, Thanks @Lord Snooty (whoever you are) for your contributions this season.

I have a feeling that the players are going to deliver today. We can then say "why haven't they done it all season" 

COME ON WEDNESDAY. 

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quality omdt as throughout the season.

Agree with the sentiment that it’s a bonus still being alive & involved on the final day. I’m sticking with my ludicrous optimistic view that Rovrum will draw & we’ll win 1-0.

As the commentator shouted, at the end of the cricket World Cup;

Wednesday have done it! By the barest of margins! 
That’ll do me. 
🙂👍⚽🦉⬆️

WTID

• Like 2

@Lord Snooty

I don't  think Rooney can handle not winning and doesn't know how to turn it around. He's been a winner (in his own mind) all his footballing life and cannot cope with losing. I don't think the players are playing for him and will bottle it today. 

His demeanor on a recent sky interview wasn't convincing if you are a Derby fan. 

Hopefully Darren Moore will have had an opportunity to get through to our players and they WILL be up for it. 

No prediction of a score from me, just that we will win. 

Big Mick to get his Welsh Wizards buzzing and will take Rovrum apart. 

We are staying up say We are staying up. 

Edited by A47Owl
  • Like 1

All Wednesdayites deserve a medal, Snoots deserves the bloody Victoria Cross.

Keep the faith fellow Owls, there's a rocky road ahead but I'm going 1-3. 

COME ONNNNNNNNNN WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, therac said:

I have had one lobe of my lungs removed on Wednesday, and have made it home to watch the match. Please don't let me down guys. I already had two miracles this week in recovering this fast and having the possibility of a cure for this type of cancer, surely another one is possible? In a London hospital watching the European semis, in the beds round me we had one Liverpool, one Chelsea to one arsenal and two owls! Having established that, a passing nurse said she too was an owl. Best support in the world....

Give us something to cheer before Rotherham relegate us....

Let’s hope the owls can give you another dose of medicine today to help in your recovery .

I’m sure all of us wish your battle is a successful one, all the best to you mate.

Come on Wednesday do it for this lad!!

• Like 1

I've not seen any posts on a similar game at Leicester around 2007 when we played them away in a must win game , we won 3-1 next to last game I think and sent Leicester down to league one ( look where they are now ) 😦.

Not the last game that day I know but a must win one all the same like today.

• Like 1

The team selection is going to be interesting today. 

11. 30am and there will be a thread about the good and bad of the selection. 

As long as every player who gets on the pitch runs themselves into the ground in an attempt to win the game then nobody can ask any more. 

Any less and OT will be in double meltdown. 

Hopefully Neil has all the batteries charged up and ready for either outcome. 

It's going to be manic. 

Good Luck Wednesday. 

• Like 1