Staff at SWFC - what happens if we are relegated?

2 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Having worked for a football club I can say with near certainty that relegation at any club means some staff will  be made redundant. I found that as demand for hospitaity drops staff will be laid off. Most clubs who's income drops will look at each department and see where cuts can be made and if so will carry out those cuts. Its a sad fact but like any businesses they will have to cut their cloth accordingly.

Our hospitality is virtually non existent so will there be many staff members to get rid of? 

If we do go down it is a major chance for the club to reset as long as the Owner sees sense and allows people to manage the club throughout. 

We are potentially going to lose income but flip side the wage bill will be vastly reduced and then look at managing the hospitality and commercial side better and the I overall impact could be minimal.   

Price hospitality competitively so all boxes are sold, make packages for spaces in the suites more attractive and make match day pricing more favourable and a team pushing play offs even in League One will be seeing 23K in the ground. 

3 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Yep.

Wonder if Mr Chansiri actually thought about this while he was playing silly billy with the finances?

Or going weeks and weeks without a real manager, over the last 2 years

• Like 1

I think Chansiri is an honest man if more than a little stubborn.  I am pretty sure staff will be rewarded for their loyalty and endeavour.

If we go down and I don't think we will. Then the overall wages budget will be trimmed as will the other 47 in tiers 3 and 4. We should remain competitive in cash terms the point is to bestow the competitiveness onto our league performance.

Should we stay up we will be in for a season of stabilisation. Less competitive yet hopeful of digging up one or two jewels. Who knows.  

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

We seem to be running on bare bones staff wise as it is whenever I visit the megastore. Every department at the club is being run into the ground already so relegation will just accelerate that. 

True, looks lime Debenhams before the dawn.

Of Administration. So, so sad.

A drug addict can only get help once they admit they have a problem - like reporters have said it would probably take relegation for DC to accept there is a problem and realise he has a bunch of idiots advising him who know nothing .. I’m afraid if we stop up he will just carry on thinking there isn't a problem and nothing will change 😢

Come on DC wake up ...... we want our WEDNESDAY back 🤬

On 06/05/2021 at 19:36, @owlstalk said:

Forget the players for a moment

If things don't go our way at the weekend could this be a serious significant risk to all the staff at the club who are on the non-playing side? 

Could it mean redundancies for many of our staff in the shop or the offices or the catering etc?

A lot riding on Saturday's result and not just the Championship status but hard working people's livelihoods too

Relegation may well have an impact on this. However, the lack of a truly commercial business within the club is the main issue. I used to work in the executive boxes to supplement my income. They were all full.

We had decent shirt and decent tracksuits in the shop. When you popped in you would buy other stuff like mugs, etc..

Within SWFC there is no commercial business that runs alongside the football. We don’t even have a commercial sponsor.

The club is like a train set to a man whose ego thought he was wealthier than he is. He can’t figure out how to operate the train set and can’t get the trains going. Now he is bored of it and looking for his next toy.

Probably space tourism, bowler hats with sleeves or flying pigs.

A total moon man.