Staff at SWFC - what happens if we are relegated?

Forget the players for a moment

If things don't go our way at the weekend could this be a serious significant risk to all the staff at the club who are on the non-playing side? 

Could it mean redundancies for many of our staff in the shop or the offices or the catering etc?

A lot riding on Saturday's result and not just the Championship status but hard working people's livelihoods too

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

I really can't stand the Sheffield Star website. Trying to read that article is like being on LSD with everything popping up. 

I really like Joe's writing's on all things Wednesday, i'd prefer it if he had is own Patreon or blog!

• Like 7

Just now, 0742 said:

I really can't stand the Sheffield Star website. Trying to read that article is like being on LSD with everything popping up. 

I really like Joe's writing's on all things Wednesday, i'd prefer it if he had is own Patreon or blog!

Oh 100% 
I just don't understand why the company that produces that website continues with the strategy of splattering you with popups the second you go on there

It hinders their long term sustainability 

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

This is what's gripes me about players not giving a flying F#ck when playing 

It's not just their future,the clubs future at risk ,there's decent working class people at risk 

I honestly think dc wouldn't do that anyway 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If things don't go our way at the weekend could this be a serious significant risk to all the staff at the club who are on the non-playing side? 

Could it mean redundancies for many of our staff in the shop or the offices or the catering etc?

A lot riding on Saturday's result and not just the Championship status but hard working people's livelihoods too

@Big Malc was talking about the staff not being paid in another thread the other day. From what he was saying, I'm assuming he knows someone who works at the club. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

@Big Malc was talking about the staff not being paid in another thread the other day. From what he was saying, I'm assuming he knows someone who works at the club. 

If that's true that's disgusting 

Happy to tie bannan down to a fresh new deal,meanwhile Betty whose worked there for 20 years ain't getting her 9 quid a hour 

I'd be taking dc to the cleaners if that's the case 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh 100% 
I just don't understand why the company that produces that website continues with the strategy of splattering you with popups the second you go on there

It hinders their long term sustainability 

It's like they've never realised the internet has moved on from 1999 and they don't have to make webpages on Geocities anymore.

Surprised they haven't got a link to the hamster dance 🤣

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

If that's true that's disgusting 

Happy to tie bannan down to a fresh new deal,meanwhile Betty whose worked there for 20 years ain't getting her 9 quid a hour 

I'd be taking dc to the cleaners if that's the case 

Yes, it's true. As I say, @Big Malc knows a lot more about this, I'm just passing on what he said. 

Guest wilyfox

But don’t worry, it’s still ok for the players to half-arse it because they’ve only been part-paid.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Yes, it's true. As I say, @Big Malc knows a lot more about this, I'm just passing on what he said. 

Hopefully people will be just as passionate about this as they was about the players not getting their thousands on time 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Hopefully people will be just as passionate about this as they was about the players not getting their thousands on time 

They will be/are

Hopefully those people who keep on and on about how much players are paid will open their eyes and be just as passionate about Chansiri's running of the club if we get relegated

Owlstalk Shop

Having worked for a football club I can say with near certainty that relegation at any club means some staff will  be made redundant. I found that as demand for hospitaity drops staff will be laid off. Most clubs who's income drops will look at each department and see where cuts can be made and if so will carry out those cuts. Its a sad fact but like any businesses they will have to cut their cloth accordingly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Things like this pi$$ me off even more when it comes to the players pathetic performances. Between them and Chansiri they have turned the club in to a shambles. I really feel for people behind the scenes, good people that will pay the price for something that is in no way their fault. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think so.  When teams go down there is financial belt tightening at all levels.  I’m just praying for a miracle we manage to stay up.  I don’t subscribe to the mindset that relegation is a positive as it enables you to reset.  Relegation could be Armageddon for the club and many who work there.