Middlewood Road

On 06/05/2021 at 18:32, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

They should be training on pitches like the ones the kids learn their skills in Brazil. None of this perfectly manicured nonsense!

i was listening to a bloke speaking on the matter only yesterday.

he'd played in the same team as an elderly bloke who'd worked for some years in brazil, he said 'what the bloke couldn't do with a football wasn't worth doing'.

when they spoke to him on the matter he said 'his skills were poor in comparison to what young brazilian lads could do barefoot on the beach'.

guess modern football is a balance 'tween powerful, and lasting running and the skills to beat a bloke in a phone box when needed.

whilst decades ago people could beat 3 men in a phone box but smoked 40 fags a day.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

Moddern football is a balance 'tween powerful, and lasting running and the skills to beat a bloke in a phone box when needed.

whilst decades ago people could beat 3 men in a phone box but smoked 40 fags a day.

That phone box must have been hell..

Four blokes all tugging away on camel 🐫 shìt..

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

That's as bad as......................Promise I won't *** in your mouth...............

I once did that to an ex girlfriend, she wretched and coughed nigh on the same time, first and only time I've seen it come out of someones nostrils lol

• Haha 4

On 06/05/2021 at 18:55, HighworthOwl said:

Good to see some investment. Always amazes me how poor the training ground looks.

It isn't investment.

It is just the top layer being removed and re-seeded like any normal summer.

The pitch at Hillsborough will get the same treatment shortly (obviously it didn't last summer due to the short turnaround).

• Like 2

I was listening to TWW podcast today. One of the lads mentioned Norwich crowd funding to get their training ground up to scratch. He suggested fans asking their as yet in non refunded season ticket money to go towards upgrading training facilities. 

On 06/05/2021 at 18:38, soldierowl said:

Plenty of sand etc under the turf.  The boss of the firm that's laid this is an old school mate of mine.  Told me another contractor was doing the desso pitch at Hillsborough starting soon.

FB_IMG_1620322524793.jpg

Is this the boss then ? lol

image.png.6b104a1e75ff36d54fdeeb742a8846f6.png

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I think Att Chansiri owns the training ground 

Believe it or not, Council own freehold and they are currently considering a bid i ve made.

Relatively cheap as club pay minimal rent and , have long lease and only valid for sports at present under planning policies.

Guest Mcguigan
On 11/05/2021 at 18:59, parkfieldowl14 said:

Is this the boss then ? lol

image.png.6b104a1e75ff36d54fdeeb742a8846f6.png

She had her knockers but she was a damn good gardener.

On 06/05/2021 at 18:38, soldierowl said:

Plenty of sand etc under the turf.  The boss of the firm that's laid this is an old school mate of mine.  Told me another contractor was doing the desso pitch at Hillsborough starting soon.

FB_IMG_1620322524793.jpg

John Deere, the Rolls Royce of tractors 

• Like 1

Our academy set up is embarrassing from the facilities to the coaching staff. We are in Category 2 but are miles behind all the other clubs at that level. I was reading about other clubs who are looking to move up the Category levels notably Leeds and Burnley who are wanting to go into Category 1. Burnley recently upgraded their training ground with an investment of £10 million. Leeds have always recruited well which has seen many players play for England. Palace are about to spend £20 million and even Mansfield have better facilities than what we have which saw a new training ground opened recently at a cost of £2.5 million. Yes the Premier league clubs have the TV money but we have wasted a great opportunity to improve our academy buy wasting it on poor recruitment.

19 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Our academy set up is embarrassing from the facilities to the coaching staff. We are in Category 2 but are miles behind all the other clubs at that level. I was reading about other clubs who are looking to move up the Category levels notably Leeds and Burnley who are wanting to go into Category 1. Burnley recently upgraded their training ground with an investment of £10 million. Leeds have always recruited well which has seen many players play for England. Palace are about to spend £20 million and even Mansfield have better facilities than what we have which saw a new training ground opened recently at a cost of £2.5 million. Yes the Premier league clubs have the TV money but we have wasted a great opportunity to improve our academy buy wasting it on poor recruitment.

I can remember quotes from some of the foreign players we signed in the 90s saying the training facilities were crap and there's barely been any change since. We are just happy to spaff our money away on 30+ year olds and injury prone crap instead but as they say "football is not a normal business"