Middlewood Road

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you for posting this

Wonder if they'll make the ground deeper and less hard than it's been in the last 20 years or so

Has the training ground expanded in size over the years? What did it used to be before? I do think we seem to get more non-contact injuries and niggles in training that last longer than they should do and have always wondered whether some of the ground that the pitches were developed on was too hard. 

Guest Hornsby

We need to move asap.

Again, old Norton aerodrome perfect.

Trevor, please get sorted as cost neutral.

You can’t polish a turd.. time to sell up and build  a new training

norton aero drome as mentioned.. would be perfect, build a hotel on site as well and have the players stay there night be a game, like most clubs that take things seriously do nowadays 

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

We need to move asap.

Again, old Norton aerodrome perfect.

Trevor, please get sorted as cost neutral.

Hasn't that land already been purchased by someone? 

14 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

Good to see some investment. Always amazes me how poor the training ground looks.

Our training facilities are a disgrace.

You get better facilities at some schools, we're supposed to have elite (and I use the term loosely) sportsmen training there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the monk said:

And the traffic chaos it would've caused .....where as building a Sainsbury store on one of Sheffield busiest junctions is fine !

Times have changed.  Where I live, supermarkets must be the biggest driver of building work, except housebuilding.   It seems any undeveloped land the supermarkets will snap up and build just to make sure the competition doesn't.  

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Hasn't that land already been purchased by someone? 

No, still state owned

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Times have changed.  Where I live, supermarkets must be the biggest driver of building work, except housebuilding.   It seems any undeveloped land the supermarkets will snap up and build just to make sure the competition doesn't.  

My mate bought 500 BP garages for his client Tesco so their competitors cant source sites.

Edited by Hornsby

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Not anymore - small express and high-end Waitrose yes, but not the traditional big three old-style supermarkets. Asda essentially released most of its land bank and closed the development department in Leeds. 

Quite a few bits of land available where Tesco had an option and let it expire.

Big warehouses are the thing now.

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

Not anymore - small express and high-end Waitrose yes, but not the traditional big three old-style supermarkets. Asda essentially released most of its land bank and closed the development department in Leeds. 

Quite a few bits of land available where Tesco had an option and let it expire.

Big warehouses are the thing now.

Exactly - the Superstore model bubble burst +10 years ago.

Dave Allen was right at least with regard to his timing and trying to realise the best value for the land.