U23 Line up today

Guest Smackavolley

Guest Smackavolley

Our U23s to face Wigan at 1pm; XI | Jackson, Dawodu, Farmer, Galvin (c), Thompson, Zottos, Waldock, Trialist, Glover, Aguas, Hagan SUBS | Al-Jahadhmy, Trueman, Kilheeney, Sesay, Bonnington

What's that say about contracts??

Guess that line-up could be good indicator about who will get new contracts.

I think that U-18's playing must be certain to get new deals. Glover, Aguas, Zottos, Trueman and Bonnington were always likely to be retained. Thought that Glaves was certain, big question about Hare and Hall. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Any rumours on the trialist? 

Looking at line up he could be either attacking midfielder or less likely central defender. I will wildly guess at ex Barnsley midfielder Greenfield who is a good player and already was on trial at Sunderland where he impressed. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Any rumours on the trialist? 

Could be that Agbontohoma lad on trial from Southampton

Looking at the line up and bearing in mind Reaney and Rice have already been informed already I would suggest Render, Hughes, Cox will also leave. I thought if Farmer was staying then Dawodu wouldn't  as both mainly right backs but both playing. Adedoyin don't know as not been fit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, malek said:

Guess that line-up could be good indicator about who will get new contracts.

I think that U-18's playing must be certain to get new deals. Glover, Aguas, Zottos, Trueman and Bonnington were always likely to be retained. Thought that Glaves was certain, big question about Hare and Hall. 

Also Yates and Curtis. Looks like midfield and forwards the most likely to get contracts this year.

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Joe Crann has just confirmed he expects everyone in that lineup to be a SWFC player next season. Thompson has just signed another year.

On a separate note, who is the striker in the lineup ??

Certainly Hagan.

51 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Our U23s to face Wigan at 1pm; XI | Jackson, Dawodu, Farmer, Galvin (c), Thompson, Zottos, Waldock, Trialist, Glover, Aguas, Hagan SUBS | Al-Jahadhmy, Trueman, Kilheeney, Sesay, Bonnington

Resting EVERYONE who are in the loop for Saturday's game...

Guest Smackavolley

NOTHERNER

That was always going to be the case. Why is there three 1st year scholars on the bench though?

Why no Cox or 2nd year scholars?

Edited by Smackavolley

3 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

NOTHERNER

That was always going to be the case. Why is there three 1st year scholars on the bench though?

Why no Cox or 2nd year scholars?

Probably because they gave been told they are being released. Reaney and Rice know already that they have been released and the fact that the likes of Cox, Hughes etc arent in there suggest likewise.There are some second year scholars there - Glover,Aguas,Zottos. Normally at the very end of the season thise not being retained don't  tend to appear in the team

Is  the lad Galvin contracted for next year, seemed promising when he played for the first team a couple of times in the cup. Especially with us not actually having a left back for next year. Anyone seen enough of him that might think he'd be able to step up in league 1 if we go down?? 

Guest Smackavolley
1 minute ago, Etchesketch said:

Probably because they gave been told they are being released. Reaney and Rice know already that they have been released and the fact that the likes of Cox, Hughes etc arent in there suggest likewise.There are some second year scholars there - Glover,Aguas,Zottos. Normally at the very end of the season thise not being retained don't  tend to appear in the team

That's pretty much what I'm saying. 😉

1 hour ago, Smackavolley said:

That's Trueman and Jahadhmy definitely not starting against Derby at the weekend then

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Hughes wasn't involved for some time and I guess he is on trial elsewhere. I can see Render, Cox, Dawodu and Huxley leaving as well. I will be very surprised if Corey Glaves doesn't get contract offer so I'm very surprised that he isn't included.