This is how it’s going to end, isn’t it...

“Seventh minute of added time here at Pride Park and it remains 0-0. That’s a crunching tackle from Hutchinson as Wednesday reclaim the ball in their own half and the ball drops to Pelupessy, he looks for options left and right and trips over the ball but it falls to Bannan just inside the Derby half...Bannan checks as the referee looks at his watch again, opts against the 70 yard pass back, and then fires a throughball trying to find the breaking Windass, but it hits Paterson on the @rse and drops to Reach 30 yards out ..he shoots AND REEEEEEEEACH SMASHES IT INTO THE ROOF OF THE NET....”

And so we stay up and Adam Reach becomes a Wednesday legend.

It is written.

*goes for a lie down*

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

“Seventh minute of added time here at Pride Park and it remains 0-0. That’s a crunching tackle from Hutchinson as Wednesday reclaim the ball in their own half and the ball drops to Pelupessy, he looks for options left and right and trips over the ball but it falls to Bannan just inside the Derby half...Bannan checks as the referee looks at his watch again, opts against the 70 yard pass back, and then fires a throughball trying to find the breaking Windass, but it hits Paterson on the @rse and drops to Reach 30 yards out ..he shoots AND REEEEEEEEACH SMASHES IT INTO THE ROOF OF THE NET....”

And so we stay up and Adam Reach becomes a Wednesday legend.

It is written.

*goes for a lie down*

You can only dream, knowing reach hell wander around in a circle and play it backwards to captain Bazza as he waves his arms around screaming at everyone instead. I've never known a player so afraid of taking any responsibility  on the pitch as reach does. Now if it had been Wallace I'd have had belief it could happen. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Both teams will be scared to death of losing which will result in a 0-0 bore draw. 

No, I don't think so - as Derby will be scared of losing whereas Owls will be scared of losing and drawing 

No way will this be boring 0-0

*caveat: remembers last game v Forest

• Like 1

We'll be home and dry by the 90th minute.

The scores have been decided already:

Cardiff 3 - Rotherham 0

Derby 0 - Wednesday 2.

I haven't been told the Wycombe score yet, but when I find out I'll let you know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Two teams who need to win (Derby can’t just assume Rotherham won’t win). 
It’s going to be a strange old game that’s for sure. A draw could easily see both us and Derby relegated. Us winning could see both us and Derby relegated. A nil nil could see Derby stay up. It’s all about Rotherham. We just need to win and cross our fingers!

I think Derby WILL assume that Rotherham won’t win, at least for the first half and possibly for an hour. By all probabilities, they will expect Cardiff to be a couple of goals up by then. If not and it’s 0-0 at Cardiff going into the last twenty, I think Derby will come out a bit but still play on the counter, looking for a goal just in case Rotherham score a late one. 

So I very much expect us to have majority possession at 60% plus with them playing like the away side and us like the home team. If we start with Windass and Rhodes up top, I think we will get the win we need. If not, it’s anybody's guess. 

2-0 to Wednesday. UTO

• Like 1

I can’t even comprehend the absolute devastation if we win at Derby and Rotherham go and get a late winner at Cardiff to send us and Derby down. It would certainly bring home the consequences of that complete no show against Forest (and all those late goals we’ve conceded this season). 

Not gonna happen though. Comfortable win for Cardiff and for us. Championship football for us next year and more trauma. Yay!

26 minutes ago, Manwë said:

We'll be home and dry by the 90th minute.

The scores have been decided already:

Cardiff 3 - Rotherham 0

Derby 0 - Wednesday 2.

I haven't been told the Wycombe score yet, but when I find out I'll let you know.

Wycombe 14-0 up going into added time and Boro score a consolation goal, meaning Colin keeps us up on GD (I think!)

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Haha 1

Rotherham will go 2 nil down early in their game. Derby will sit back for the draw and we will struggle to break them down. A deflected long shot will be our only hope.