Be honest - which would you rather have?

OPTION ONE
What we have now as a football club (not talking about relegation or even the current chairman specifically but how the club operates)

OR

OPTION TWO
A club ran sustainably as a selling club that reinvests player sales into the Academy and young upcoming players, where the club and fans work hand in hand to create the most positive experience possible for Wednesday fans.

Where the chairman (and a board ideally) don't just throw something at the fans and say 'here.. pay for this' but instead say (at one of the many regular meetings) 'What is it you would like as fans of this club' and then go away and act on it, and provide it (e.g. better facilities, ideal kit designs, better choice of catering, pre and half time entertainment, ideas on fan engagement and how to attract more fans to the matches on a regular basis, and how to ensure the local young un's choose your club instead of Man United and Chelsea etc, and ideas for all other aspects of the club etc)

Option Two would see the immediate striving for promotion at all costs gone, and instead take the long term approach where fans come first, and that you instead focus on the actual experience of being a Wednesday fan and build from there, hoping that the long term build will eventually build a team that can challenge for promotions

Both options are totally doable and can be put into practice TODAY if there was a desire to

Which would you prefer?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I think every fan would say option 2 in the position we are now in.  As we saw, Wednesday are almost bottom on fan engagement so its obvious we want something different.  I still believe Chansiri overall has good intentions, but he's made bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.  The survey that he did (2 completely contrasting options, making it seem there were no other choices) was madness and an indication that he was trying to justify himself and will do things his way.

• Like 1

Bit of a no brainer this - it’s Option Two for me

The problem is that a “long term approach” seems to be alien to the vast majority of football fans and club owners, who crave almost instant success overnight.

Not defending Chansiri as he has been non-existent and just a totally shocking Chairman. 

However, 

Your option 2 where you make a list is somehow already happening. We have a bespoke kit manufacturer and i think the kits have been better than what top brands have put out generically. 

Didn't he also change the KOP bar area and put a local draught on? 

Also are we not already trying kids, recently had a few come through we just lack the management to keep hold of them - more recently - Clare, Thorniley, Urhoghide (bound to go) and Hirst, Dawson, Wildsmith, Penney and Shaw. Completely understand that some are not good enough but they have been trying this approach in a way since Luhukay? 

The problem is that we are trying approach two and still failing in a way. The reason for this is Chansiri alone as he is too stubborn to get people to run his club and clearly has lost interest. 

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

OPTION ONE
What we have now as a football club (not talking about relegation or even the current chairman specifically but how the club operates)

OR

OPTION TWO
A club ran sustainably as a selling club that reinvests player sales into the Academy and young upcoming players, where the club and fans work hand in hand to create the most positive experience possible for Wednesday fans.

Where the chairman (and a board ideally) don't just throw something at the fans and say 'here.. pay for this' but instead say (at one of the many regular meetings) 'What is it you would like as fans of this club' and then go away and act on it, and provide it (e.g. better facilities, ideal kit designs, better choice of catering, pre and half time entertainment, ideas on fan engagement and how to attract more fans to the matches on a regular basis, and how to ensure the local young un's choose your club instead of Man United and Chelsea etc, and ideas for all other aspects of the club etc)

Option Two would see the immediate striving for promotion at all costs gone, and instead take the long term approach where fans come first, and that you instead focus on the actual experience of being a Wednesday fan and build from there, hoping that the long term build will eventually build a team that can challenge for promotions

Both options are totally doable and can be put into practice TODAY if there was a desire to

Which would you prefer?

Strange thing to be talking about when we've got the biggest game of the season on Saturday.

Come on you Owls!

33 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

we are trying approach two  

I personally totally disagree with this statement

I think we're getting a 'here - pay for this' rather than 'what would you really like to see?' and then providing it so the fans are invested in that idea and buy more of it because they're excited by it

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Could you just give us a clue as to which is your desired option first please @Owlstalk

Come on now... don't start descending into those levels of nonsense - you're better than that

We may disagree on a few things but I respect you as a poster and always enjoy reading your opinions and thoughts about our club

Owlstalk Shop

A bit of option 2 i.e.

A club ran sustainably as a selling club that reinvests player sales into the Academy and young upcoming player 

BUt with an owner who has the resources to subsidise the club at a modest level when required. Not to purchase players and pay excessive wages but rather to invest in projects like young player development/academy and ground improvements.

Fan engagement via maybe half yearly meetings welcomed but running the club via anything approaching a committee leaves me, at best, luke warm.

• Like 1