This is why we watch football and follow a team..

28 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m a Wednesday fan because of my dad.

He loves Wednesday and hates United.

He is mental but I truly love the bloke.

He took me home and away from the age of 8 since 1978, he worked on the turnstiles for 25 years, he lives and breathes Wednesday and is properly crackers.  We talk after every game.  We both always think we can win any game in any circumstances.

God knows how this bunch of fuckwits have got us to the last game but I really, really hope that we deliver and Cardiff do us a favour.

I want to go to a derby game with him next year, I want him to be able to wind up the grunters in his boozer like he has for years. He’s looked after my mum for 27 years and won’t be around for ever.  

I want us to win and I am buzzing for Saturday.

COME ON WEDNESDAY 💙💪🦉

Evening mate. Says it all for me does this,it's not just a game of football but a way of life for us and our families.

Screenshot_2021-04-08-17-35-33-587 (300x267).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

My Dad is 87, no longer goes to games because his eyesight isn’t so good. 
We took him to the Brighton semi and he went really just for the atmosphere.  He absolutely despises United, it’s where I get it from.

lol

• Love 8

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We took him to the Brighton semi and he went really just for the atmosphere.  He absolutely despises United, it’s where I get it from.

lol

Does a brilliant impression too of Martin Jol.

• Haha 1

Will never forget my Dad taking me to my first game on 9th March 1963 and we beat Man City 4-1. He wasn't a massive football fan but knew what it meant to me to just go to the ground. Like thousands of others Wednesday have always been there through thick and thin and that's why we never give in.

• Love 2

16 minutes ago, BIG D said:

lol

I love how you hate United.

I told you we’d beat them that day.

I also know, God willing, we will beat them next year if we get the chance.

💙💪🦉

If only half the team felt the same way. If they were local lads that had come up through the academy and supported Wednesday since forever.

Unfortunately most of em aren't, so they don't really care as they won't be here next season regardless of division.

They'll just leave us fans to carry on supporting them blue n white wizards no matter what league we end up playing in, and continue to believe that we can beat anybody. 

Come on Wednesday! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist

Yep my family love Wednesday and hate utd..it’s good..even if we go down you cant stop lovin wednesdy and despising dem dispicable blavdes..bring on next season wotever division were in..and while I’m at it well done Chelsie..shud av been 6-0

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m a Wednesday fan because of my dad.

He loves Wednesday and hates United.

He is mental but I truly love the bloke.

He took me home and away from the age of 8 since 1978, he worked on the turnstiles for 25 years, he lives and breathes Wednesday and is properly crackers.  We talk after every game.  We both always think we can win any game in any circumstances.

God knows how this bunch of fuckwits have got us to the last game but I really, really hope that we deliver and Cardiff do us a favour.

I want to go to a derby game with him next year, I want him to be able to wind up the grunters in his boozer like he has for years. He’s looked after my mum for 27 years and won’t be around for ever.  

I want us to win and I am buzzing for Saturday.

COME ON WEDNESDAY 💙💪🦉

Honestly, great post.

Let's smash Derby.

WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My Dad first took me in 1975 - it would have the season before at the Man U game but he was worried about the reported trouble. He went and came home with blood on his head from a bottle thrown on the kop.

The six month's waiting for the next opportunity was excruciating and I pestered him constantly, and he finally gave in. We'd gone down to div 3, and the violent scenes of the previous season had past (at home anyway!).

Getting ready; scarf, coat, woolly hat; check, and off we went for the footie special. Getting off the bus on Herries Road, then looking down towards the kop must be one of the most iconic moments of any youngsters initiation to becoming a life-long fan - it's at that moment you're hooked - unconditional.

46 years on, and after many many ups and downs, I'll still be nervous as hell on Saturday morning leading up to the game. I'll have my lucky tee-shirt on - it's probably outnumbered on (un)luck over the years, but it worked once - and that's what I'll cling to as always.

UTO 

• Love 4

10 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

If only half the team felt the same way. If they were local lads that had come up through the academy and supported Wednesday since forever.

Unfortunately most of em aren't, so they don't really care as they won't be here next season regardless of division.

They'll just leave us fans to carry on supporting them blue n white wizards no matter what league we end up playing in, and continue to believe that we can beat anybody. 

Come on Wednesday! 

I think that’s harsh.

Im convinced as players they do care, not as much as us the fans admittedly.

If we were mid table I think more of us would have more understanding and empathy ...not getting paid, a revolving managers door, 6 pt deduction and to top it off our current manager being taken ill. 

It’s not a normal season. 
We all have pride in us somewhere. They have professional pride. 
No player wants a relegation on their CV whether they are at S6 or not next season 

• Like 1

I love Wednesday as a club, an institution, something that I was brought up with.

I'm not so sure I love the current owner, manager or players. Don't get me wrong, some I might like, others maybe not so much but they are all ephemera in the history of the club. Owners come and go, managers might last a year or two, players have their moment of glory then fade away or go on to greater things. The club remains, a constant in the life of the fans.

If we stay up so be it, if we go down we will rise again, someday. Success and failure pass by. We just turn the page and see what happens next.

• Love 1

My dad carried me through the turnstiles till I was about 13 the tight bstd.

He is in his 80's now and I could carry him through but he is desperate for us to win on Saturday so when he gets back in the Legion he can stick it to the Blades.

LETS HAVE IT!

• Love 3

22 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I think that’s harsh.

Im convinced as players they do care, not as much as us the fans admittedly.

If we were mid table I think more of us would have more understanding and empathy ...not getting paid, a revolving managers door, 6 pt deduction and to top it off our current manager being taken ill. 

It’s not a normal season. 
We all have pride in us somewhere. They have professional pride. 
No player wants a relegation on their CV whether they are at S6 or not next season 

Not saying its a normal season by any means, but surely we're not the only club having trouble financially, due to the pandemic and cash flow caused by it? Are those players putting in halfarsed performances and rolling over? Not battling or at least looking like they're trying? 

I hope they all prove me wrong and put in a proper battling performance this weekend, and show some of that professional pride and get 3pts. 

Even if they don't get 3pts, as long as we can all see that every player has put in 100% there can be less argument for criticism, but so far a good few of these players, week in week out, have lacked the levels of professional pride that most of us fans would show if we had the opportunity to play football for a living, let alone play football for the wages these get. 

• Like 2