Jump to content

Kazim Richards , waghorn and Lawrence


Recommended Posts

These 3 for me are better than anything we have up top , all are capable of winning the game for them , yes I know Derby have been on a horrendous run but these 3 are a bit of a worry especially with Borner at the back.

Makes you wonder why they've been so poor this season as a team.

Can we do enough to win Saturday ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watto said:

These 3 for me are better than anything we have up top , all are capable of winning the game for them , yes I know Derby have been on a horrendous run but these 3 are a bit of a worry especially with Borner at the back.

Makes you wonder why they've been so poor this season as a team.

Can we do enough to win Saturday ? 

 

 

Yet Derby have only scored 4 in their last 6 games and have scored 4 less than us this season. Lawrence is better than our wide attacking options in terms of a goal threat. not sure Kazim-Richards or Waghorn have offered any more all season than Rhodes and Windass. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 3 names..............could say same re Rhodes..Reach...Windass..................................ALL capable but not performing

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its going to be wild ride on Saturday that’s for sure. I think it’s going to be a case of who is able to keep it together the best on the day. 
A draw is no good to us and Derby won’t be able to do anything other than go for a win (unless Rotherham are 4-0 down at half time or something). Two rubbish sides, low on confidence and having to really go for the win. Normally means a draw. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Waghorn is getting on and I'm unsure if he is quite the player he used to be.
I like Lawrence a fair bit, but unsure where he is at.

I think Kazim-Richards was a good signing for them, but maybe has tones of Paterson to him in terms of his goal streak periods.

 

I feel they are on a par with our striking options, but I do fear for our defence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From what Ive seen of Derby (not a lot I must admit) the one who has impressed me and frightens me to death especially if he runs at Borner is the kid Sibley. He is definitely one for the future.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kazim's got some longevity - he played for the pork under the other Colin back in 2006-07...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Application-wise, I gather Waghorn’s been making Reach look like Rosie The Riveter these past few months

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, I'm not frightened of owt Derby can do. I'm frightened by the fact that our players have the courage and tenacity of a liquishite-filled balloon.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lawrence has a moved lined up somewhere and is going through the motions.

 

One of my mates told me it was all but a done deal that he joining his club in the summer but I can't for the life of me remember which mate or club it was. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol classic, we call our players dog meat yet point to three players from a team that have managed to generated less points than us and claim that there the better option. If they had Reach, Bannan and Rhodes and we had there three you would be saying the same, and by the way those three are probably on the equivalent or more than ours crazy as it seems. There lot are as bad as our lot and they should all be ashamed how much they are taking out of there respective clubs based on the performance levels there serving up. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s our record at Derby? Any good? 
 

😃

 

One win in 30 years or something 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

CKR is a bit of a lump - nothing special. Lawrence has gone off the boil and has not been the same since the car crash. Waghorn is definitely on the way down. 
 

The polish winger is better than those 3. Their available best players are Byrne who’s their right back or right wing back and shinnie who is their defensive midfielder. Their best player, Bielik is out injured. 
 

There’s really nothing to worry about. It’s more about us and whether we can perform under pressure and get a result and I’m not confident we can. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rogers said:

What’s our record at Derby? Any good? 
 

😃

 

One win in 30 years or something 

Just checked , we've won twice there in the last 30 attempts , 2005/06 in the league and the league cup at the baseball ground in 1990/91!

A diabolical record that needs obliterating on Saturday.

They have to be our No.1 bogey team as we haven't faired a lot better at Hillsborough until recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

CKR is a bit of a lump - nothing special. Lawrence has gone off the boil and has not been the same since the car crash. Waghorn is definitely on the way down. 
 

The polish winger is better than those 3. Their available best players are Byrne who’s their right back or right wing back and shinnie who is their defensive midfielder. Their best player, Bielik is out injured. 
 

There’s really nothing to worry about. It’s more about us and whether we can perform under pressure and get a result and I’m not confident we can. 

 

I will take your word for it pal , I hope you are right and we are both celebrating come 2.30 pm Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

CKR is a bit of a lump - nothing special. Lawrence has gone off the boil and has not been the same since the car crash. Waghorn is definitely on the way down. 
 

The polish winger is better than those 3. Their available best players are Byrne who’s their right back or right wing back and shinnie who is their defensive midfielder. Their best player, Bielik is out injured. 
 

There’s really nothing to worry about. It’s more about us and whether we can perform under pressure and get a result and I’m not confident we can. 

I'm a bit worried about the polish lad up against Borner 

I can see a penalty or sending off...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Application-wise, I gather Waghorn’s been making Reach look like Rosie The Riveter these past few months

We need a giant one of these on the Kop wall this weekend:

AR face2.JPG

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kazim-Richards is a 34yr-old journeyman. He’s nothing special. Lawrence & Waghorn have had poor seasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...