Swfc ranked 89/91 for club-fan engagement

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You really will make any excuses for the chairman won't you. Genuine question, do you work for him in some capacity?

The survey started in 2018/19, where we were ranked 88th (12th in Championship).

In 2019/20 now has us as 89th, with a league finish of 16th. 

So they don't really correlate.

What would it actually take, save the scores on the football index that doesn't correlate with league position, literally dozens of anecdotal pieces of evidence posted on here, the fact that thousands of fans are still awaiting refunds, the fact that the women's team don't even have their own kit and have to use second-hand ones... what would it take for you to at least acknowledge that maybe Chansiri's stance of being a distant, unfeeling, incompetent man-child is not massively engaging for the fans of Sheffield Wednesday and the people of Sheffield? Again, a genuine question.

Hit the nail on the head mate. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Manwë said:

So the Big 6 are low on the scale, yet high in the league.

Surely that can't be.

You're conflating two unrelated topics .

We score low because we are mushrooms, our refund policy has been a shambles, fans hear from our chairman only a few times a year, usually a rant to blame someone other than himself, and our new and existing engagement meetings with the Trust have to be approved by the club before public release.

Out of interest, ignoring the league position, out of 10, how would you score Sheffield Wednesday on the matter of engagement with fans?

yep I imagine pricing of tickets and all other related merchandise/food etc is all part of it too. 1/10 for me

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You really will make any excuses for the chairman won't you. Genuine question, do you work for him in some capacity?

The survey started in 2018/19, where we were ranked 88th (12th in Championship).

In 2019/20 now has us as 89th, with a league finish of 16th. 

So they don't really correlate.

What would it actually take, save the scores on the football index that doesn't correlate with league position, literally dozens of anecdotal pieces of evidence posted on here, the fact that thousands of fans are still awaiting refunds, the fact that the women's team don't even have their own kit and have to use second-hand ones... what would it take for you to at least acknowledge that maybe Chansiri's stance of being a distant, unfeeling, incompetent man-child is not massively engaging for the fans of Sheffield Wednesday and the people of Sheffield? Again, a genuine question.

Always makes me laugh on here because people just like to be overly emotional. We’re a crap side, we’ve been terrible for 18 months and everything about the club grates on everyone. I get that. However, had we won promotion in 2016 or 2017 and were still up there and competitive, most would be happy. That’s the facts... the process of how the club is run only comes in to question when it doesn’t deliver results, which it hasn’t.

Our fans expected promotion from the investment made in the club. Most were happy in 2016 despite higher prices. Some of the moaning began in 2016/17 when at times we looked like we might not make the play offs, it was more an anxiety.. then it subsided completely when we won 6 in a row to get there. And returned with a vengeance after Huddersfield.

In 2017/18 patience was wearing thin and expectations were promotion and no excuses after two failed play offs. We had a poor start, replaced Carlos with a weirdo and naturally engagement fell off a cliff and everyone then says ‘I’m not paying these prices to watch this mid table team’. People have been mostly unhappy since.. even when we were third last season we couldn’t enjoy it because 1. We knew we wouldn’t finish there as not good enough and 2. The points deduction loomed.

People are unhappy because we didn’t go up when we really felt entitled to. The regret of the missed opportunity.. the feeling that a better owner would have finished the job. Then all of the off the field crap comes in to focus when it otherwise wouldn’t have done.

Chansiri is skint.. that much is obvious. That’s why there’s no refunds and players are paid late. If you’re skint you’re skint.. can complain all you want but he probably isn’t choosing to not pay, he’s just broke. Not making excuses for him.. but standard childish reply on here of ‘are you Chansiri/do you work for Chansiri’

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

People are unhappy because we didn’t go up when we really felt entitled to. The regret of the missed opportunity.. 

NO

No they aren't

They really REALLY aren't

You really believe that it's about not getting promoted to the Premier League why our fans are unhappy with the chairman?!?!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

NO

No they aren't

They really REALLY aren't

You really believe that it's about not getting promoted to the Premier League why our fans are unhappy with the chairman?!?!

Yes! Fans are happy when the teams do well and unhappy when they underperform. We’ve been getting worse for 4 years so everything negative is magnified x100

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Chansiri is skint.. that much is obvious. That’s why there’s no refunds and players are paid late. If you’re skint you’re skint.. can complain all you want but he probably isn’t choosing to not pay, he’s just broke.

Not making excuses for him 

That literally IS making an excuse for him

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Yes! Fans are happy when the teams do well and unhappy when they underperform. We’ve been getting worse for 4 years so everything negative is magnified x100

In that case (no offence) but you are totally out of touch with why our fans are unhappy with the chairman

It sure ain't not getting promoted

Dont' take my word for it - ask around on here why they're cheesed off

Bet you 99.9999999999% are NOT that we didnt' get to the Premier League

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

We could employ someone who has no history or background of communication/engagement and just by  relying on common sense alone we would see an improvement.

So much is obvious, there is also so much material out there to help and so many other successful models being practiced by other clubs that it makes it inexcusable for me to accept the level we are at.

That list of clubs with us being at the bottom is entirely accurate and Chansiri and his team should be looking at ways to address it, both through quick wins and comms strategy planning.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Always makes me laugh on here because people just like to be overly emotional. We’re a crap side, we’ve been terrible for 18 months and everything about the club grates on everyone. I get that. However, had we won promotion in 2016 or 2017 and were still up there and competitive, most would be happy. That’s the facts... the process of how the club is run only comes in to question when it doesn’t deliver results, which it hasn’t.

Our fans expected promotion from the investment made in the club. Most were happy in 2016 despite higher prices. Some of the moaning began in 2016/17 when at times we looked like we might not make the play offs, it was more an anxiety.. then it subsided completely when we won 6 in a row to get there. And returned with a vengeance after Huddersfield.

In 2017/18 patience was wearing thin and expectations were promotion and no excuses after two failed play offs. We had a poor start, replaced Carlos with a weirdo and naturally engagement fell off a cliff and everyone then says ‘I’m not paying these prices to watch this mid table team’. People have been mostly unhappy since.. even when we were third last season we couldn’t enjoy it because 1. We knew we wouldn’t finish there as not good enough and 2. The points deduction loomed.

People are unhappy because we didn’t go up when we really felt entitled to. The regret of the missed opportunity.. the feeling that a better owner would have finished the job. Then all of the off the field crap comes in to focus when it otherwise wouldn’t have done.

Chansiri is skint.. that much is obvious. That’s why there’s no refunds and players are paid late. If you’re skint you’re skint.. can complain all you want but he probably isn’t choosing to not pay, he’s just broke. Not making excuses for him.. but standard childish reply on here of ‘are you Chansiri/do you work for Chansiri’

I asked two questions and you failed to answer either of them

1. Do you work for Chansiri in some capacity?

2. What would it take for you to acknowledge that Chansiri is doing crap at fan engagement? Does such a metric or level of feedback exist?

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In that case (no offence) but you are totally out of touch with why our fans are unhappy with the chairman

Ok so if we got relegated to league 2 but he gave refunds promptly, cut ticket prices and communicated well with the fans then everyone would be happy right?

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I asked two questions and you failed to answer either of them

1. Do you work for Chansiri in some capacity?

2. What would it take for you to acknowledge that Chansiri is doing crap at fan engagement? Does such a metric or level of feedback exist?

I thought question 1 was a joke question tbh as the answer is obviously no. And 2 yes of course he’s crap at fan engagement! He always has been.. but if you drew a graph of engagement against league position the correlation would be almost 1

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Ok so if we got relegated to league 2 but he gave refunds promptly, cut ticket prices and communicated well with the fans then everyone would be happy right?

In the friendliest way possible, I really think you're missing the point.  It's not a measure of fan happiness, you can see on the survey's website they're measuring things like 'dialogue' and 'transparency' between the club and the fans.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Even during the "good" year I was unhappy with the POTG...You could see it split away a part of the fanbase... Half of us didn't give a flyer about that then...Chansiri uttered guff about those that could afford it and bringing the rest back after or some such nonsense...Did he honestly think seriously P8ssed off supporters would settle for that..or the odd one game for a tenner as some sort of recompense for taking away what most saw as a right?...

Now...We could well go into next year a division below, bereft of players (For what half the buggers are worth anyhow)...Season ticket income none and the POTG fans missing....short sighted nonsense...seen for what it was at the time...but he knew better...

Ralk mismanagement, a flagrant ignorance of resources and honestly an insult to Sheffield Wednesday as a community club...

"The Wednesday family" is a sick joke and his continuing hiding and silence underlines it

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I thought question 1 was a joke question tbh as the answer is obviously no. And 2 yes of course he’s crap at fan engagement! He always has been.. but if you drew a graph of engagement against league position the correlation would be almost 1

Wrong.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

There are a lot of new people we could engage with students, BAME groups, LGBTQ etc . As has been said on here before our fan base is mostly white middle aged men. Some people will say what is wrong with that. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with you a white middle aged man reading this supporting swfc.

But our fan base no longer reflects the Sheffield population which is only a negative thing for the club in time particularly commercially with attendances, shop sales etc.

Not too sure but not too long ago we ranked quite high in terms of Gender balance. Racial balance too is improving. However, people make their own decisions I don't think delving into the minute intricacies of Identity politics determines anything to do with fan engagement.

The elite who have increasingly taken a financial stranglehold on the game and their acolyte friends; The Prawn sandwich brigade.   Then there are the working classes who made and developed the game.

On youth I will say they are and remain our future; We must do more at Freshers fairs and at the school gates. We must pressure our owners to make the proposition financially and socially more attractive.

Of course our club does much to achieve a welcoming environment. BAME & LGBTQ are not shunned, under or over represented. The invitation should be made but ultimately the decision to attend is one of subjective preference !     

3 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

There are a lot of new people we could engage with students, BAME groups, LGBTQ etc . As has been said on here before our fan base is mostly white middle aged men. Some people will say what is wrong with that. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with you a white middle aged man reading this supporting swfc.

But our fan base no longer reflects the Sheffield population which is only a negative thing for the club in time particularly commercially with attendances, shop sales etc.

Why should the fan base have to "reflect the population"? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree. I didn't ever have that much confidence that we would. 

It's definitely not as black and white as happy when we win unhappy when we don't. There's a 100 reasons why we are disenchanted and I can' be bothered to go through them a millionth time.

• Like 1