• Wing (Luton)
    • Sluga (Luton)
    • Adebayo (Luton)
    • Bree (Luton)
    • Dewsbury-Hall (Luton)
    • Cornick (Luton)
    • Tunnicliffe (Luton)

Guest LondonOwl313

Yeah a draw might be best but who wants to sit through 90 mins tonight of knowing one Rotherham goal relegates us. Was bad enough after Swansea went in front at the weekend and we were back in it, and that was only 25 mins. Would rather Luton go 2-0 up early.

Also, even if Rotherham lose and Derby only need a point.. I doubt it works in their favour playing for 0-0. If it was us in that situation it certainly wouldn’t and we’d end up losing 2-0.

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Couple of chances at the weekend he had, that if he wasn't cold just coming off the bench I'd have fancied him to bury.

I wouldn't be at all surprised for that headline to be the final twist of the knife in this festering wound of a season

The back of The Star

'GEORGE HIRST F**KS WEDNESDAY UP'

lol

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

What's a bundle of cash in your eyes? They're only 6/4 to win. So really you could be a shi t load of money down tonight and also see Wednesday get relegated on Saturday.

Thats for me to know and you to guess on. Its what I can afford to lose if the bet doesnt come in.

• Haha 1

At least Rotherham are away from home, that's a small crumb of comfort. Although to be fair, they have been giving it a go and expect that to continue tonight as their safety still in their own hands. 

Whatever the outcome, cant hide we're one of the three worst teams.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be relegated by exactly 6 points, an ironic end to the season, considering how we started it with the points deduction.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Thats for me to know and you to guess on. Its what I can afford to lose if the bet doesnt come in.

I'm not that interested in all honesty mate. I just can't fathom why you'd put money on Rotherham winning and be happy if it lost so that it went into Saturday. If Rotherham losing tonight meant guaranteed survival for us then I'd understand, but come final whistle on Saturday it could be a double slap in your face, but hey each to their own.

40 minutes ago, striker said:

At least Rotherham are away from home, that's a small crumb of comfort. Although to be fair, they have been giving it a go and expect that to continue tonight as their safety still in their own hands. 

Whatever the outcome, cant hide we're one of the three worst teams.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be relegated by exactly 6 points, an ironic end to the season, considering how we started it with the points deduction.

I agree it’s looking if we’re going then 6 points is a likely number, but If it was 6, would it be on goal difference even adding the deduction?

If we have to go I’d prefer less than 6 so Chansiri can’t blame the team for not scoring enough.

Edited by NobbyStyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

5 games since their last defeats

I was just going on their actual win record for the season D. Both are among the worst in the top half for wins, with only Preston and Millwall winning less home games. Only 4 teams outside the bottom 3 have actually lost more home games than Cardiff too. Nothing to worry about then……

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

I agree it’s looking if we’re going then 6 points is a likely number, but If it was 6, would it be on goal difference even adding the deduction?

If we have to go I’d prefer less than 6 so Chansiri can’t blame the team for not scoring enough.

TBF if we go down however many points the difference is, I would still put plenty of blame on the team.

Even if we stay up the team still don't deserve any praise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

TBF if we go down however many points the difference is, I would still put plenty of blame on the team.

Even if we stay up the team still don't deserve any praise.

100% but I’m imagining a press conference with someone to blame other than himself.

• Like 2

All I hope is that even if they don’t give a throw about the fans, they give it their all for their own sense of pride. At the very least, they should all want to be able to say that but for the 6 point deduction they would have stayed up. So regardless of Rotherham's result tonight, Wednesday need to get  out there on Satday and give Derby a reyt pasting. 

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, s29wfc said:

People have been saying it won't happen and we are down from about 5 weeks ago now, we're still hanging there like a bad smell, 1 result in our favour tonight and imo we go favourites to stay up.

You’ve conveniently forgotten our recent away form?

39 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I'm not that interested in all honesty mate. I just can't fathom why you'd put money on Rotherham winning and be happy if it lost so that it went into Saturday. If Rotherham losing tonight meant guaranteed survival for us then I'd understand, but come final whistle on Saturday it could be a double slap in your face, but hey each to their own.

This is how it works for me:

A Rotherham win tonight effectively relegates us, therefore that would make me very unhappy. What better way to compensate than a bit of cash going into my betting account?

If Rotherham draw or lose and it goes down to the last game then that would make me happy and I can live losing with the amount that I have wagered.

Its a "comfort" bet and Ive been betting on the worst outcomes for Wednesday for a couple of years now. Suffice to say, our propensity for losing leads, snatching late defeats from the jaws of victory and generally phecking up has proven quite lucrative.

If it does go down to the final game then I'll be backing the outcomes that mean the worst for Wednesday just as a bit of insurance.

Believe me, nobody will be happier than me if we somehow manage to stay up, but given the track record of the team since Xmas 19 they will usually find a way to screw up, so if they do I intend to profit from it.

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

I've got a feeling that we'll be relegated tonight.

That feeling is because you're a Wednesday fan. Ask any neutral and they'll say home win or at very least a draw.