4 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Upto the last couple of months I've always championed Reach. When he first came to Hillsborough,  embarrassingly I hoped he could be the new " Waddle ". 

Having watched the match yesterday and the brief highlights today,  although it was a poor ball he receives from Westwood, how Reach dealt with it as a professional footballer is beyond words. More over, his lack of effort to correct his error and in particular his lack of effort to follow up the penalty kick, leads me to wonder if we really can risk playing him in the last game v Derby. If Rotherham lose tomorrow and we need a win against Derby, the above passage of play and his lifeless application to the cause, he shouldn't even be on the bench. 

My first ever post on here was re Izzy Browns lack lustre reaction to his pitiful corner that lead to a late winner a few wks ago. To me it's how you react to your mistake that speaks louder than anything. We need 11 fighters in our last game . Reach has zero fight in him!!

IMO he's scored a few good goals from distance, but has spent most of his time here running scared of anything that moves on the pitch, which also includes his own shadow during the evening fixtures... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Superbly put my friend!  His attitude is appalling but if he can get one of his annual world class goals I'll forgive him . 

That's how it is with him. 

He's a pretty good footballer. Decent touch, got a good shot/cross on him and is capable of winning a game on his own every now and then.  Unfortunately, he is prone to going missing and in recent times it looks like he's just going through the motions, waiting for his release. 

The other wide options are really, really poor. Harris works his socks off, but he is so lacking  in any real quality. 

• Like 3

I guarantee that Reach will be completely anonymous against Derby if things still hang in the balance. If I was forced to bet my mortgage on Reach either scoring a worldly that keeps us up, or neshing a tackle leading to a goal that sends us down I’d bet on the latter. He shouldn’t play if it’s must win. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Superbly put my friend!  His attitude is appalling but if he can get one of his annual world class goals I'll forgive him . 

Well he’s well over due one

17 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Im dissapointed he hasnt become the player that we all hoped he could be.

He's meandered through this season by doing the minimum asked of him.  

He pretty much refuses to go into most challenges.

Well he did win a header in saturday lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Reach is exactly the sort of player you don't want in a big game. Compare him to someone like Wallace who would give us all. Sadly, our squad is so weak he most likely has to start. 

Wallace was a funny one - could do some dirty tackles but could also be a bit of a nesher. 

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Well he did win a header in saturday lol

And it would have been an assist if the striker hadn't been brutally butchered by the goalkeeper.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

The last thing Reach wants to do is get injured(not that he's likely to) in the last game of the season, 

I appreciate we have little option, but I'd sooner play Borner at left wingback, with Dunkley coming in than risk a quarter hearted Reach.

Totally agree lets have defenders defending. I wouldnt have Reach or Harris anywhere near the team (or bench) on Saturday. I would rather see one of the kids try and win himself a contract than watch those two try and avoid injury

Looks he's been hot garbage all season but if the coaching staff can put a rocket up a few players for this Sat do or die match, then we have a small chance.

Reach is one of the worst offenders because we know he has the talent, if i was coach i would say FFS run into space on the wing every chance and get in a few crosses.

Then try a few long range efforts. That would be a good start.

Harris could use that speech as well, except don't shoot because he can't hit a barn door,

19 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Reach has scored 6 goals not 5

Blimey, 6 goals more than Harris, reight player. Harris has more red cards than goals this season. I'd be more concerned of him starting than Reach.

I'd love nothing more than Reach to score one of his screamers to keep us up, before sending him on his way. Harris too, for that matter, but I can't see it. So hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2021 at 17:51, Ozzie said:

Upto the last couple of months I've always championed Reach. When he first came to Hillsborough,  embarrassingly I hoped he could be the new " Waddle ". 

Having watched the match yesterday and the brief highlights today,  although it was a poor ball he receives from Westwood, how Reach dealt with it as a professional footballer is beyond words. More over, his lack of effort to correct his error and in particular his lack of effort to follow up the penalty kick, leads me to wonder if we really can risk playing him in the last game v Derby. If Rotherham lose tomorrow and we need a win against Derby, the above passage of play and his lifeless application to the cause, he shouldn't even be on the bench. 

My first ever post on here was re Izzy Browns lack lustre reaction to his pitiful corner that lead to a late winner a few wks ago. To me it's how you react to your mistake that speaks louder than anything. We need 11 fighters in our last game . Reach has zero fight in him!!

Hopefully after this season, whatever league we are in, the days of having characters like Van Aken, Reach, Rhodes and Izzy Brown are long gone. We need to get rid of these timid, lazy pathetic players and replace them with people who will roll their sleeves up.

Some very very harsh comments about Reach on here. He will be missed when he has gone. I think overall he has been a decent player for SWFC. He hasn’t been brillIant this season but I don’t think he has been appalling either. He has been here almost 5 seasons, so it is probably time for him to move to pastures new and good luck to him. 
For all those slagging him off, I bet he doesn’t struggle to find a new club.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Hopefully after this season, whatever league we are in, the days of having characters like Van Aken, Reach, Rhodes and Izzy Brown are long gone. We need to get rid of these timid, lazy pathetic players and replace them with people who will roll their sleeves up.

Very harsh to compare Reach with the other three.

Rhodes has arguably been Wednesdays worst ever purchase ( in terms of what we paid for him)

Van Aken after a promising start just went downhill, although he had a few decent games at the start of this season.

Brown has just been a terrible loan signing as he has offered absolutely nothing imo.

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Some very very harsh comments about Reach on here. He will be missed when he has gone. I think overall he has been a decent player for SWFC. He hasn’t been brillIant this season but I don’t think he has been appalling either. He has been here almost 5 seasons, so it is probably time for him to move to pastures new and good luck to him. 
For all those slagging him off, I bet he doesn’t struggle to find a new club.

I think he's enrolled here:-

https://walkingfootballworld.com/clubs

• Haha 1