Jack Marriott POTY

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Please bear in mind that the vote winner is unveiled on Friday, the day before (hopefully) the biggest game of our season.

So if you do want to annoy the team just before that, go ahead and vote Marriott. Right clever that isn't it? 

Seriously?! You think any of them are hoping to win the award?

Just now, The Wall said:

Anyone know what the deal is with Marriot - mental health wise?

All seemed shrouded in mystery why he wasn't in the squad. Wouldn't want to do this if he's in a bad place

He has two clubs paying him (occasionally) at the moment... us and derby... Id say he is probably hiding in the woods under camo somewhere

5 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Anyone know what the deal is with Marriot - mental health wise?

All seemed shrouded in mystery why he wasn't in the squad. Wouldn't want to do this if he's in a bad place

Injuries and he also had covid I think, if we read between the lines.

Not that it's actually any of our business, his mental and physical wellness is private to him and we should respect that.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Injuries and he also had covid I think, if we read between the lines.

Not that it's actually any of our business, his mental and physical wellness is private to him and we should respect that.

Fair enough, I'm all for relentless p*ss taking, if the person on the recieving end is ok to handle it

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Fair enough, I'm all for relentless p*ss taking, if the person on the recieving end is ok to handle it

I'd think all things considered, he wouldn't see it as a dig at him. I'm sure he very aware of the problems at the club.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'd think all things considered, he wouldn't see it as a dig at him. I'm sure he very aware of the problems at the club.

Definite dig at Marriott- selection of a player that has been a disappointment and obviously not player of the season.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Definite dig at Marriott- selection of a player that has been a disappointment and obviously not player of the season.

I can’t obviously speak for Marriot, but I’m sure he would realise it was one big ******** take.

Please bear in mind that the vote winner is unveiled on Friday, the day before (hopefully) the biggest game of our season.

So if you do want to annoy the team just before that, go ahead and vote Marriott. Right clever that isn't it? 

I think the players would be slightly more annoyed at not getting paid rather than who gets POTY

Edited by WalthamOwl

Are you suggesting that we might upset the players and they won’t be able to perform to their usual high standards.

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

so they will be annoyed at the club AND the fans 

They play (and I use that term loosely) for a club that as a general rule has total disregard for them and the fans.

I think they are smart enough to understand what's happening and why.

Edited by Maddogbob