Here is how to commit football suicide

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Old saying

You can fool all of the people some of the time

You can fool some of the people all of the time

But you can't fool all of the people, all of the time.

This thread is absolute proof of the second one... 

7 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yet Darren Moore left donny to come here...stop talking nonsense

Yep

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

Whether it be Chansiri hitting fans with the highest ticket prices in the clubs history (In return we were promised year on year investment as we tried to get promotion to the Premier League.... a promise that was never kept).

Or whether it be the numerous transfer embargo’s, selling Hillsborough, the points deduction or repeatedly not paying the players.

Every time this cretin gets us in the headlines it’s always for something bad.... and if that weren’t bad enough he then looks to blame everyone and anyone but himself.

I’ve just about had enough now, I’ve been forced to renew by the idiot next season but if he’s still here beyond that I think I’m ready for a bit of a break from Sheffield Wednesday.

Ill still meet my mates on a match day but I’ll go home after the pub to watch the matches, I’m not giving this clown another penny of my money.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Whether it be Chansiri hitting fans with the highest ticket prices in the clubs history (In return we were promised year on year investment as we tried to get promotion to the Premier League.... a promise that was never kept).

Or whether it be the numerous transfer embargo’s, selling Hillsborough, the points deduction or repeatedly not paying the players.

Every time this cretin gets us in the headlines it’s always for something bad.... and if that weren’t bad enough he then looks to blame everyone and anyone but himself.

I’ve just about had enough now, I’ve been forced to renew by the idiot next season but if he’s still here beyond that I think I’m ready for a bit of a break from Sheffield Wednesday.

Ill still meet my mates on a match day but I’ll go home after the pub to watch the matches, I’m not giving this clown another penny of my money.

He did a fan survey knowing full well he didn't have the money to keep investing and we were under an embargo just a few months later, no way he didn't know that was coming.

We should have known then but Wednesday fans are just too nice.

We have been shat on for 6 years and the only time we kick off, is when the millionaire footballers don't get paid.

We fans need to vote with our feet, no more fans in the stands until the Muppet in the boardroom has gone.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

And dont forgot this is the same clown who actually said that the fans season ticket money didn't really count for much, during one of his many bizarre rants.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

He did a fan survey knowing full well he didn't have the money to keep investing and we were under an embargo just a few months later, no way he didn't know that was coming.

We should have known then but Wednesday fans are just too nice.

We have been shat on for 6 years and the only time we kick off, is when the millionaire footballers don't get paid.

We fans need to vote with our feet, no more fans in the stands until the Muppet in the boardroom has gone.

Nailed it...we are soft as poo ..our players turn in the limpest performance of the season..then 24hrs later everybodys feeling sorry for them😡..

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The past 4 years have pretty much been worst case scenario.

Chansiri likes to set the bar pretty ******** low.

Yes it has been awful a slow decline. Next season might be worse or we may bottom out. I will wait and see before assuming the former though as even Venkys avoided that.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yes it has been awful a slow decline. Next season might be worse or we may bottom out. I will wait and see before assuming the former though as even Venkys avoided that.

Venky's have real business experience though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Nailed it...we are soft as poo ..our players turn in the limpest performance of the season..then 24hrs later everybodys feeling sorry for them😡..

Literally NO-ONE has said they feel sorry for them... were you part of the production crew for The Wicker Man?

Bear in mind that the staff knew in mid-April that they wouldn’t be paid on time.  Also bear in mind that some first team players are on the low to mid hundreds of pounds a week.  It’s not as simple for those to use their savings to pay the bills while they wait for their wages.

Chansiri is an absolute disaster.  This is all on him.

Edited by Big Malc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How daft do I feel?

I wondered yesterday whether Chansiri would've offered the players a £10K bonus if we stayed up.

Now I hear that the guy doesn't even have the foresight to pay them their salary, never mind incentivising them.

What a joke of a chairman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not losing any sleep over players not being paid.

But looking at the bigger picture not in the best interests of the club for that to happen.

Be hard to attract good players when this happens and does make you think where the club might be financially in 6 or 12 months time.

It's symptomatic of major financial issues and what worries me is how long before we fail to pay the Inland Revenue and end up on the steps of the High Court again. DC is just the type to think he can call their bluff and get us liquidated.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, parajack said:

He presumably has to find millions each Month(his responsibility) and for some reason hasnt been able to do it....

The same man who has consistently bragged that he has loads of money but the rules don't let him spend it?

Something stinks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

So the report is alleging that March’s wages were also late and some people say that is the reason for poor performances. Yep on Monday 5 April (a bank holiday weekend) we hammered Cardiff 5 - 0. They sure got over that quickly. 

It’s not right being paid late, but the players need to shoulder some blame for the poor performances, Was it late wages that caused Bannan to take a back pass instead of a penalty, was it late wages responsible for Borners last 2 displays?  Was it late wages responsible for the waste of a shirt that is Izzy Brown?

Every place that I worked at when in the UK, the monthly salary was usually paid at the end of the first week of the following month. So in my case the March salary would have been due in the bank some time around the 7th to the 9th of April. Not sure exactly how it works at Wednesday but is probably the most likely explanation, so the player's morale would not have been affected for the Cardiff game. Interestingly enough, we rather went to pieces after that.