Failure to pay wages in April

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

If true, absolutely scandalous again. OK they get paid well and performances are dire. However, they just like any other worker have a right to be paid as per their contract and on time.

Just don't get this problems getting money in to the country rubbish. Bank transfers work just fine wherever you are, only an issue if you don't have the money to transfer.

Why would an out of contract player risk injury when not been paid, when could cost him a new club?

I don’t know what the situation is in Thailand but it might not be as simple as that. Some countries put in place capital controls which would prohibit their banks transferring to foreign banks.

No idea if that’s anything to do with it though 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know what the situation is in Thailand but it might not be as simple as that. Some countries put in place capital controls which would prohibit their banks transferring to foreign banks.

No idea if that’s anything to do with it though 

wouldn’t that be the same every month then. This is occurring 3 or 4 times a year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

DC has thrown the towel in. Expect some kind of ownership news shortly. 

I think he’s ready to sell if not agreed a deal with someone? The big clue for me was when it was revealed we’re not even talking contracts with the under 23s and under 18s? I’d be amazed if something wasn’t happening behind the scenes?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, ANDY said:

wouldn’t that be the same every month then. This is occurring 3 or 4 times a year. 

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2019/11/thai-exchange-control-law-relaxed

It depends totally on his situation. I guess when he bought the club they could have already had some money offshore and that’s possibly ran out now. It does appear from the attached that he might have some sort of difficulty moving money from Thai accounts to U.K. ones.

53 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Hope to God we pay them before next week's game.

Can't imagine the players being very motivated for the fight if not, especially those who know they are leaving.

I know people will say they should for professional pride. But if you went unpaid at work, you might turn up, but you'd stop going the extra yards until it was sorted.

Tell em paid in full only if they win

1 minute ago, vulva said:

The ability/issue to move money around is balderdash. Money is flowing freely around the globe.

Agreed. This can’t be a procedural thing we keep falling foul of.  Once maybe, twice ok, but this is ongoing. You’d work out an alternative way by now if so.  

It stinks of plate spinning and having to move money from x y and z to then put into the club. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Any other Thai-owned clubs not paying their players?

Yeah I heard Leicester havnt been paying their players as well. Mobile banking is down in Thailand at the moment as everyone is at the full moon party.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Hope to God we pay them before next week's game.

Can't imagine the players being very motivated for the fight if not, especially those who know they are leaving.

I know people will say they should for professional pride. But if you went unpaid at work, you might turn up, but you'd stop going the extra yards until it was sorted.

'Out brothers out' in my day I'll tell thi

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Any other Thai-owned clubs not paying their players?

It’s not that it’s because we’re Thai owned. I bet Leicester’s owners have a lot more money outside the country. The fact that DC is having these issues is concerning as it probably means he’s having to dig down the back of the sofa for the money.. but it doesn’t mean that there’s no truth in the story.

Lots of developing countries put restrictions on because otherwise the wealthy there would effectively sell their home currency to buy pounds or dollars which would weaken it, which pushes up inflation.

DC is probably down to the bare bones and having to transfer funds from sources where things are restricted