26 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If not paying people on time, missing payroll constantly should have no impact on motivation, hard work, giving your all etc why does every business literally obsess about making payroll ?  

When this pandemic hit, I and the co owners of our business decided literally the first hour - no matter what happens, furlough no one , no pay cuts apart from ourselves , and make payroll.  

any business in any sector - rule one - make payroll. 

Spot on mate. Some don’t develop their opinions on this because they can’t get past “Footballers are rich and should deal with it.” It’s a barrier for some. So much more to it.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, parajack said:

Yes mate i know,its just got worse since Covid,but surely you can see why? Personally i just wish he would sell up,ime not focusing on the Chairman,but rather the player reaction to the situation.

Critiqing that,is not a defence of the Chairman.

He had a £6 million comp payment but still spaffed it, instead of prudence for a rainy Covid day.

Maybe his playing trading for profit will save us.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If not paying people on time, missing payroll constantly should have no impact on motivation, hard work, giving your all etc why does every business literally obsess about making payroll ?  

When this pandemic hit, I and the co owners of our business decided literally the first hour - no matter what happens, furlough no one , no pay cuts apart from ourselves , and make payroll.  

any business in any sector - rule one - make payroll. 

You run your business correctly and I admire you for it.

However this post is normalising the fallacy that earnings of c£1 million are comparable with the average wage.

The impact of delayed payment is not the same.

It's the hierarchy of needs.

Fwiw I do think it's been an issue with performance but question whether it should be.

I'm a bit weary of the concensus that the squad are "waiting on their pay packet' like minimum wage earners.. worrying if they can afford child care or repair the washing machine.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I’ll make the same point again as I did previously then I’ll shut up.

The LATE not NON payment of players is poor.

However, it is no excuse for their lack of pride, fight and performance.

Neither was the points deduction.

Both the fault of our chairman but zero reason for their lack of fight, performance, poor concentration, poor decision making, pride and bottle in vital moments in vital games over and over again so far this season.

I want to get shot of a load of them but please God, I’d rather tell them to fuckright off with our Championship status preserved.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Both the fault of our chairman but zero reason for their lack of fight, performance, poor concentration, poor decision making, pride and bottle in vital moments in vital games over and over again so far this season.

I want to get shot of a load of them but please God, I’d rather tell them to fuckright off with our Championship status preserved.

Specifically on player’s out of contract. If you had two weeks left in your job and already had another company lining you up on a similar salary for a guaranteed job, and your current employer hadn’t yet paid you for your last month in work, do you think you’d be fully motivated and proud to work for that current employer?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

Specifically on player’s out of contract. If you had two weeks left in your job and already had another company lining you up on a similar salary for a guaranteed job, and your current employer hadn’t yet paid you for your last month in work, do you think you’d be fully motivated and proud to work for that current employer?

They're NOT out of contract YET.

• Haha 1
Just now, Costello 77 said:

They're NOT out of contract YET.

So? What does that change about the rest of the stuff I said?

3 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Or risk injury knowing if you got crocked it could scupper you move to your new club. 

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You don't think any of the above will hinder our ability to sign players this summer? I've said it before but football is a myopic, inward looking profession where everyone talks to everyone

It's a lot lot bigger issue than the players just not getting paid on time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Or risk injury knowing if you got crocked it could scupper you move to your new club. 

Yep, obviously as a Wednesday fan I want every single player to ever wear the shirt to give 100% every time without question, but stuff like this is going to get in the way of that 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I would go out and do the best I could do for my current employer until I left having been rewarded handsomely for my previous work and in this context, being a well paid competitive, professional athlete.

I’ll flip the question again.

Would you put up with a mardy arsed performance from one of your best 5 a side players because you dropped him the week before because he went past the 5 weeks non-payment of subs rule?

Stop making excuses.  Winning is their job.

This is sport.

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

"I know the players were lined up against a wall and shot dead but that's certainly no excuse for not putting in 100% effort"

Fooooook ME 

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Owner has created  failure culture and recruits accordingly, then rewards Baz with mega new contract.

We are giving £30 k a week to work at Butlins.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Spot on mate. Some don’t develop their opinions on this because they can’t get past “Footballers are rich and should deal with it.” It’s a barrier for some. So much more to it.  

100%

Owlstalk Shop

People clearly still have a romanticised view of a footballer. That they sign for the club because they love the club and are proud to pull on the shirt.

Sorry guys but they sign for the club because of money, location or because we’re the only ones who’d take them.

Truth hurts. But deal with it. And pay your staff on time!!!

• Like 1
Just now, @owlstalk said:

"I know the players were lined up against a wall and shot dead but that's certainly no excuse for not putting in 100% effort"

Fooooook ME 

You can always tell the posters who have never played or know nowt about competitive sport.

• Haha 1
Just now, T Hardy said:

So? What does that change about the rest of the stuff I said?

Well. If we're playing the "image" game.. I'd be thinking about the times the club supported me when I was sick.. underperforming.. suspended injured or generally struggling and remember that it's a two way street this contract lark..

That sort of thing..

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Owner has created  failure culture and recruits accordingly, then rewards Baz with mega new contract.

We are giving £30 k a week to work at Butlins.

Listen fella.

In the other thread you just said we’d spent billions like Man Utd.

Forgive me if I can’t take you seriously.

• Like 1
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Well. If we're playing the "image" game.. I'd be thinking about the times the club supported me when I was sick.. underperforming.. suspended injured or generally struggling and remember that it's a two way street this contract lark..

That sort of thing..

You're now doing that thing where you post what would happen in an ideal Enid Blyton novel type world

NOT REAL LIFE

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop