Adam Reach (Bristol City)

On 02/05/2021 at 09:48, Bris City said:

Morning all, first of all good luck in your final game & apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I checked every one & couldn’t find a transfer forum.

Pearson has apparently suggested Adam Reach as one of our main targets (along with Tom Lawrence) to fill our void on the wing. It looks like we will be playing a 4231 / 433(?) if the past 10 games are anything to go by.

Any information on him/the transfer would be highly appreciated. For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d have a chance unless you went down or wanted to get shot, although I realise he’s OOC, I thought he was quite good?

Again, best of luck on the final day!

My advice would be steer well clear. For everything he brings, he takes two things away....

We paid £5m which seemed a lot to me at the time and has proven now that we paid over the odds. On a good day he can pass, deliver good balls into the box and when we're on TV score some worldies. His day, however, happens 1 in 6 games? He lacks pace, willingness to tackle and any determination when in a fight, for me you wouldn't want him next to you in the trenches, although having said that he wouldn't get injured, you'd definitely be taking the bullets for him!

Good player when he's in a good team, in a healthy league position, on a good day. The opposite is alarmingly true (this season proof).

23 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

A better player than many on here now give him credit for, but at least we have another scapegoat.  He’ll do just fine at a new Championship club if played in the right position and alongside better players.

Of course he is..

Another Chris Brunt who got similar dogs abuse for being a producer of the odd worldie and neshing challenges then went on to play over 380 in the Prem.

He has been poor.. but look at the absolute sh%$ show he has been involved in.. 4 managers this season alone, according to Monk he was a striker in waiting, not getting paid etc.. plus the minus 12..

It all adds up. Don't think I'd be that bothered either to be honest.

I have no doubt he will do well elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Of course he is..

Another Chris Brunt who got similar dogs abuse for being a producer of the odd worldie and neshing challenges then went on to play over 380 in the Prem.

He has been poor.. but look at the absolute sh%$ show he has been involved in.. 4 managers this season alone, according to Monk he was a striker in waiting, not getting paid etc.. plus the minus 12..

It all adds up. Don't think I'd be that bothered either to be honest.

I have no doubt he will do well elsewhere.

Absolutely bang on. Reading posts like this gives me hope that this site isn’t full of people who are complete dumplings and think football should be played like we are back in the 1970s 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Absolutely bang on. Reading posts like this gives me hope that this site isn’t full of people who are complete dumplings and think football should be played like we are back in the 1970s 😀

Amen sister

Morning all, first of all good luck in your final game & apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I checked every one & couldn’t find a transfer forum.

Pearson has apparently suggested Adam Reach as one of our main targets (along with Tom Lawrence) to fill our void on the wing. It looks like we will be playing a 4231 / 433(?) if the past 10 games are anything to go by.

Any information on him/the transfer would be highly appreciated. For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d have a chance unless you went down or wanted to get shot, although I realise he’s OOC, I thought he was quite good?

shame he aint under contract as we could send you a viewing of his goals then we can con you for 10 million . but in truth he aint worth 10p . i will let you find that out the hard way next season.  if you got n pearson in a bit earlier you would be joining us in league 1 , can we interest you in a few of our other delights? how about harris? and whatabout borner? surely you should sign him 2 as you will love his song . 

Always available

Covers decent ground every match

Can knock a decent cross in, when he's got space and time to do so 

Decent first touch and can pick a pass out

Very one footed

Not the quickest player 

Not great in the tackle

Goes missing too often in games

Not great when the team needs to dig in 

Poor at tracking back when played left wing

Doesn't excel in any position so gets moved around too often

He'd really benefit from being given one position, having a solid left back behind him and a solid midfield pairing at the side of him, with mobile forwards in front of him. Players like Gary hooper and prime Kieran Lee would bring the best out of him, but sadly we have a squad of poor players, which has meant reach hasn't been afforded the chance to develop, which combined with his pretty weak mentality means it's time for him to leave Hillsborough.

At LWB or in a central roll hes pure gash, he drifts out wide a lot and leaves gaps, hes a nesher in the tackle rarely wins the ball back.

His best role is wide of a MF four, got a good engine and rarely if ever gets injured, hes scored the odd goal,hes good for about 4 a season,which isnt fantastic, his leanest spell was last season with just the one league goal, capable of some decent crosses

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

Reach is ideal for any team who needs a slow left winger who can't beat a man.

I’m certainly not comparing the two but that description could also fit Beckham.  Pace isn’t everything, some people were crying out for a flying winger before we signed Harris - enough said really.

8 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I’m certainly not comparing the two but that description could also fit Beckham.  Pace isn’t everything, some people were crying out for a flying winger before we signed Harris - enough said really.

Not blaming Reach, but for 5m I think we could have possibly got someone with speed and a modicum of footy skills.

Pace isn't everything I agree, and when you've got 10 players around you who are world class and you can put a ball on a sixpence from 50 yards it isn't that necessary either.

4 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Not blaming Reach, but for 5m I think we could have possibly got someone with speed and a modicum of footy skills.

Pace isn't everything I agree, and when you've got 10 players around you who are world class and you can put a ball on a sixpence from 50 yards it isn't that necessary either.

2.7M would have got us Said Benrahma around the same time as Reach moved to us, SB went out on loan to some lower league french club.

Well he's great at heading and an absolute monster when it comes slide tackling, proper Vinny Jones type, takes the bòllox and everything, a real mans man 😈