Adam Reach (Bristol City)

I've watched Wednesday for over 55yrs.

In that time I've seen some great players in the blue n white.

I've also seen some very good players, very average players and plenty of shocking players.

I'd place Adam Reach in the very average category ... can produce the occasional 'worldy' and has a good engine.

But I've rarely come across a player in our stripes as cowardly and quite frankly nesh as Reach.

A modern day 'footballer' that couldn't tackle a wet paper bag and earned millions in the process. More fool us!

He won't be missed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bris City said:

Morning all, first of all good luck in your final game & apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I checked every one & couldn’t find a transfer forum.

Pearson has apparently suggested Adam Reach as one of our main targets (along with Tom Lawrence) to fill our void on the wing. It looks like we will be playing a 4231 / 433(?) if the past 10 games are anything to go by.

Any information on him/the transfer would be highly appreciated. For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d have a chance unless you went down or wanted to get shot, although I realise he’s OOC, I thought he was quite good?

Again, best of luck on the final day!

A lazy s*** that bottles every challenge!

Shocking attitude, cant wait till he's gone!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He never gets injured because he doesn’t do anything that could get him injured 

Many of our players get injured putting their socks on! Compared to Luongo, Reach is like bloomin Superman!

• Haha 2

Play him on the left wing and he'll deliver assists and goals, simple as that. 

Crossing ability and engine are good, close ball control are very limited which is why it's baffled owls fans when he's been played centrally.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 2

Plays the game like a scared little boy. All the character and integrity of a wet paper bag. 

He’ll put a highlight reel of left footed screamers together, but unfortunately they never show the games where he plods around with his head down, bottling challenges or 50/50 situations. 

He’s a naturally left footed English winger with an impressive collection of incredible goals, yet at 28 year old he’s never played in or even attracted interest from the Prem. There’s a reason why.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Give him 46 games a season as an out and out left sider in a 4-2-3-1 , 4-1-2-3 or 4-3-3 and give him license to get forward and a decent full back behind him to do his tackling for him and he'll score you 4-10 goals and get you double figures in assists.

Play him in other systems than that and he'll be pants.

Play him on the right,  in the middle or laughably at centre forward and you'really wasting your time.

A good manager might see what sort of player is and get the best from him.

LS

I admire your optimism but in my opinion and, based on him continuing been a Championship player, he’ll not reach those kind of numbers again.

Journeyman, jobbing footballer. Happy to pick up his money as long as he doesn't have to earn it. Lazy get who can't be bothered. Lets his team mates down. Can't tackle and actively avoids challenges. Gives the ball away especially around his own box, a liability. Would be called a luxury player in a really crap side. He is one of our luxury players.

Scores the odd spectacular goal and lives off it for the rest of the season.

Other than that he's great.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Journeyman, jobbing footballer. Happy to pick up his money as long as he doesn't have to earn it. Lazy get who can't be bothered. Lets his team mates down. Can't tackle and actively avoids challenges. Gives the ball away especially around his own box, a liability. Would be called a luxury player in a really crap side. He is one of our luxury players.

Scores the odd spectacular goal and lives off it for the rest of the season.

Other than that he's great.

Journeyman? 

16 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I admire your optimism but in my opinion and, based on him continuing been a Championship player, he’ll not reach those kind of numbers again.

Not if he stays here he won't.  

Somewhere else. Where he's played consistently in his best position I think some team or other will think they've done good business getting him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

I've watched Wednesday for over 55yrs.

In that time I've seen some great players in the blue n white.

I've also seen some very good players, very average players and plenty of shocking players.

I'd place Adam Reach in the very average category ... can produce the occasional 'worldy' and has a good engine.

But I've rarely come across a player in our stripes as cowardly and quite frankly nesh as Reach.

A modern day 'footballer' that couldn't tackle a wet paper bag and earned millions in the process. More fool us!

He won't be missed. 

He speaks well of you too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Well, put it this way, we wouldn’t miss him.

5 goals and 3 assists this season which is pretty crap. It is however better than anyone else in the squad apart from CP and Windass. 

• Like 1