Adam Reach (Bristol City)

Guest LondonOwl313

He’s a good player at this level, and I’m sure whoever he signs for he’ll perform for.

Its gone very sour for him here though. He basically stopped bothering for us a while ago. Was messed about by Monk and had a poor season last season. This season he’s just looked like winding his contract down.

But he has quality and goals/assists in him. We’re all just sick of the sight of him though. 

Play him on the left wing (his actual position) and you'll have a player who'll get you 10-15 assists a year and 5+ goals without much drama. He's been fairly poor this year, but has been either the top or 2nd assister in every season he's been here bar his first. 

Some don't like him because he's not some blood and thunder, leg-snapper, but they're the ones who think the game was better in the 70's when you could just end someone's career and nor get a booking, so just ignore them. 

Personally, I'd want him to stay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Playing like he doesn't give a s h i t in a relegation battle. Hate watching him play. Lazy bottler, with no grit, courage or determination.

He's capable of a few moments of top quality play - trouble is the lazy get, thinks that's enough in a 90 minute battle.

Bin watching Wednesday for 40 years, & never wanted to see the back of a long term 1st team player,  so badly.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
22 minutes ago, Bris City said:

Morning all, first of all good luck in your final game & apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I checked every one & couldn’t find a transfer forum.

Pearson has apparently suggested Adam Reach as one of our main targets (along with Tom Lawrence) to fill our void on the wing. It looks like we will be playing a 4231 / 433(?) if the past 10 games are anything to go by.

Any information on him/the transfer would be highly appreciated. For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d have a chance unless you went down or wanted to get shot, although I realise he’s OOC, I thought he was quite good?

Again, best of luck on the final day!

How on earth as Pearson harvested a 3 year deal? Your results under him have been woefull

You will get him on a free transfer and probably half the wages he is on here, so your expectations will be very different to ours, where he came with a big transfer fee and above average wages.

Positives 

Has the odd worldly in his locker.

Can run all day.

Versatile

Rarely injured ( see negatives )

Negatives

One good game in 6 many games totally anonymous.

Hates physical contact

Appears to have chucked the towel in with us.

I think a lot of the players, like Reach, who have been woeful for us for a couple of seasons, will do OK at their next clubs. 

I think the circus, and specifically the ringmaster, at Wednesday has made some of our decent players worse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He’s chucked in the towel with us completely. Doesn’t fancy the scrap of relegation.

In the right team under the right manager he’ll do alright. Just don’t expect him to pitch in if a battle happens.

Dont buy into the fact that he isn’t a good footballer. He just isn’t a good footballer for us and hasn’t been since our tide started turning.

Shame really. He’ll be looked back on with really tainted memories but that’s his own fault. He could have left with us remembering those goals against Leeds, Villa etc 

33 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Nailed it. The only thing to add is Reach can actually play 46 games a season. He seems to be super fit and pretty much never injured. He’s a square peg. Stick him in that square hole and he’s good. Stick him in any other hole and you may as well not bother. 

He never gets injured because he doesn’t do anything that could get him injured 

• Like 2

I can honestly say I have never, ever seen him make a challenge.

His cowardice is such that if he’s faced with a 95/5 challenge, in his favour, he will bottle it.

I did one time think I saw him win a header though, but I’m not 100% sure it was him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

I think a lot of the players, like Reach, who have been woeful for us for a couple of seasons, will do OK at their next clubs. 

I think the circus, and specifically the ringmaster, at Wednesday has made some of our decent players worse. 

Being honest I hope It doesn’t go ok and he falls down the leagues 

• Like 1

Best crosser of the ball at the club, has scored quite a few world class strikes with either foot. Play him wide left he is a very good player.

I am actually a fan and we will miss him when he leaves. For all that has been said about him this season and it hasn’t been his best tbf. He has still scored 6 goals.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I can honestly say I have never, ever seen him make a challenge.

His cowardice is such that if he’s faced with a 95/5 challenge, in his favour, he will bottle it.

I did one time think I saw him win a header though, but I’m not 100% sure it was him. 

He actually went in pretty committed for one at the start of the second half. He also scored a header against Sunderland.

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Would bottle out of a tackle with his own shadow.

Scores the odd goal.

No pace or right foot.

Charlatan. 

No right foot you say 😂😂

I take it you have a bad memory. Look at some of his goals. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bris City said:

Morning all, first of all good luck in your final game & apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I checked every one & couldn’t find a transfer forum.

Pearson has apparently suggested Adam Reach as one of our main targets (along with Tom Lawrence) to fill our void on the wing. It looks like we will be playing a 4231 / 433(?) if the past 10 games are anything to go by.

Any information on him/the transfer would be highly appreciated. For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d have a chance unless you went down or wanted to get shot, although I realise he’s OOC, I thought he was quite good?

Again, best of luck on the final day!

Would gladly exchange him for Alex Scott. But I would probably any other of our players.

59 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Great on his day and when played wide left.

Unfortunately, his days have been few and far between in recent times.

Seems like he checked out a while ago, which had really tarnished my opinion of him.

I've only missed 3 games since he's been at SWFC...were they his great days?

• Haha 1