Start Rhodes FFS

48 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

You’re comparing an injury prone midfielder who cost 3m with a striker that cost 10m on something like 50 grand a week, who many thought was the missing piece to the puzzle that we needed to get promoted, and his most memorable moments with us that season are when he missed a penalty and then refused to take one. You actually think it’s not even close that Abdi was a worse signing?

I do yes. 

Start a thread. Worst value for money signing under DC. I’ll happily throw my points in about Abdi and Rhodes. 

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not even close to Abdi.

2 seasons.

12 starts.
8 on as sub.

1 goal.

No assists

£3m fee

Big wage

Makes Rhodes look like Value McValueface.

In the context of what we could afford at the time and how predictable it all was, I'd also add Francis Jeffers into the conversation. In three years he managed 33+27 appearances in all competitions for 5 goals whilst using up just about every penny the chairman was prepared to throw in (and quite possibly loaning that to the club with interest due if I recall correctly).

I've no idea what they cost in terms of fees or salary, but how about the combined 20 minutes or so that Darryl Lachman and Urby Emanuelson turned out for?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We lose our shape and our focal point when he’s subbed (and when he starts on the bench). Plus, if he’s not on the field it means either Paterson or Windass play striker, which is not their role.

I believe this is a big point - to me it’s the impact of Rhodes not playing on the performance of these two that hurts us the most. 

• Like 1