Start Rhodes FFS

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

And based on these stats there could easily be severe financial implications for not starting him. 

34 minutes ago, farlego said:

If there is a financial reason for not starting him we have 5 substitutes, which we never use anyway so bring him on after the first minute. 
simple

I was being ironic but it’s all making perfect sense now. Don’t play JR and save a few grand, play him and give us the best chance of avoiding the financial impact of relegation. DC opts to save a few grand every time......

58 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Rhodes and Windass up top - just has to be for Derby.

Paterson in midfield with instructions to get into the box as often as possible. I’d consider playing Shaw because because again he’s got the engine to get into the box. One game left in his Wednesday career - make it count.

We can’t set off slowly, finding our feet, slowly into the game. We cannot afford to go behind so got to get at them. They know a draw is ok so they’ll probably sit back.

Its there for us 

Unless Toytown win a game.

Big d took the words out of my mouth 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday.

How did Rhodes look when he came on?

Did we play Windass as a lone striker?

He missed a few good chances. The type of chances that people who create threads like this keep telling us he will score when we get the ball to him in those positions.

But stats. 

Chansiri must pick the team. It’s the only explanation for managers consistently dropping our main goal threat.

In a relegation battle it’s absolutely ludicrous he doesn’t play. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would be starting Rhodes week in week out. As the stats have just backed up, we win more games when he starts.

It’s an insult to the fanbase. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Doesn’t matter.

Whatever your/our opinion of him, without him we almost certainly cannot win.

He may play poorly and miss the odd chance but he is always likely to score. DM and JS seem to have overturned the original thought that he had to play and we should play to his strengths ie crosses. We currently play to his weaknesses when he finally appears. Crazy management. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

They’re all crap, slotting Rhodes up too won’t make us better. The deliveries to the strikers need to be better to be able to actually finish. 

Delivery service to strikers has been poor and still is. BB is categorised as a playmaker but these long bouncing punts like yesterday are not service,

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

They’re all crap, slotting Rhodes up too won’t make us better. 

The statistics would say different

Lost track of how long he was on the pitch yesterday but one far post header that he couldn't quite get over and sent just wide of angle of post and bar. Three other headers all on target unfortunately all three failed to trouble the keeper. I don't think it's even a gamble, get him in !

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If we're to have any chance against Derby Rhodes/Windass must be installed.

We have to stop 'tinkering'. 

Now is not the time to be taking Palmer out of his RWB position when he's just put together his best run of form in years.

Now is not the time to start the inverted wingers nonsense again.

Now is not the time to start fannying with Paterson at RWB when his best perfromances have come as the extra man in midfield.

Now is not the time to have Joey and Bannan alone in the middle when we know a two in there pushes Bannan 20 yards deeper than where he;s most effective.

Don't tinker Darren!

Get them back where they all do their best work

Now is not the time for rocket science.

image.png.54c4f55bb09daccbc847e9469eac3cc4.png

This team is our only chance of winning

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If we're to have any chance against Derby Rhodes/Windass must be installed.

We have to stop 'tinkering'. 

Now is not the time to be taking Palmer out of his RWB position when he's just put together his best run of form in years.

Now is not the time to start the inverted wingers nonsense again.

Now is not the time to start fannying with Paterson at RWB when his best perfromances have come as the extra man in midfield.

Now is not the time to have Joey and Bannan alone in the middle when we know a two in there pushes Bannan 20 yards deeper than where he;s most effective.

Don't tinker Darren!

Get them back where they all do their best work

Now is not the time for rocket science.

image.png.54c4f55bb09daccbc847e9469eac3cc4.png

Completely agree with the formation, the wing backs, the midfield 3 and the front 2. It’s absolutely obvious.

I’m unsure what to do in the back 3. Obviously, we need 1 to come in given Palmer goes to right wing back. I’ve also got concerns over Borner’s form - he had a shocker yesterday. I would consider bringing Dunkley in to go in the middle of the back 3 to combat the physical presence of Kazim-Richards. Maybe Osaze left of a back 3 and hutch on the right. But...that’s 2 changes to a back 3 for a crunch game. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Can’t disagree. 

I said weeks ago it should be Windass and Rhodes every match with Patterson arriving late behind. 

Just awful coaching why they’ve decided to split it up 

reface-2021-04-01-11-31-12.gif.db745498fabd683f65ad7db6362797eb.gif

3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Rhodes is our only CF we’ve got. Him and Windass should be starting every game. Plus Rhodes’ link up play this year is much better than in previous seasons. I really don’t know why he’s not starting. 

If we played these two up top the whole season we would have amassed more points than we currently have

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Rhodes and Windass should start every game

Starting Rhodes not enough. Managers put him in then shrug and omit him. 
You have to play to his strengths. Not enough for him to wear a shirt.

He needs crosses into the box. Pick the best crosser of a ball and select him to cross the ball whether it’s Green - Reach doubt it- or Harris

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Moore clearly thinks we are a better side without Rhodes. He is wrong.

If there is a financial reason for not starting him we have 5 substitutes, which we never use anyway so bring him on after the first minute. 
simple

I must be living in a parallel universe where Moore hasn't selected Rhodes (either to start or off the bench) in every game he has been manager.

Clearly some would have it that in this compacted schedule this knackered footballer in his twilight years would play 90+ minutes every game with no rest or substitution, but Moore has played him for over 57 minutes per game over the past 13 matches. He played 38 minutes yesterday.

I don't see how when Rhodes has played every game (well in some, badly in others) the answer to the question is more Rhodes.

Maybe we should play Rhodes off Paterson? Maybe we should tell Rhodes he doesn't need to close down the strikers? Maybe we should get more service to Rhodes? Maybe we should play Rhodes in defence? Maybe we should make Rhodes manager? I am waiting with bated breath for next August and all the threads starting about why we need to sign Rhodes. Rhodes, Rhodes, Rhodes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1