I genuinely think we can stay up (Part 2)

Guest Grandad

As stupid as this sounds long term would going down be the best thing. Obviously short term it would be a disgrace but we would be forced to get rid of so many of these players which for me simply has to happen. If we stay up will we offer new deals to crap like Harris and Reach and be in the same position this time next year. Would relegation give us the fresh start we need. I know it sounds stupid and is probably just the beer talking. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

As stupid as this sounds long term would going down be the best thing. Obviously short term it would be a disgrace but we would be forced to get rid of so many of these players which for me simply has to happen. If we stay up will we offer new deals to crap like Harris and Reach and be in the same position this time next year. Would relegation give us the fresh start we need. I know it sounds stupid and is probably just the beer talking. 

It sounds stupid because it is stupid...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

It sounds stupid because it is stupid...

yeah you’re probably right. I’m just so sick of seeing these pathetic players playing for us. The thought of them being here next season really pi$$es me off. 

2 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

We need Rotherham to not win either of their last games and for us to beat Derby...

This is Wednesday, sorry but we dont beat the odds.  However what I think is shocking is if the EFL had correctly given us -6 points fine then we should have had those points deductions taken last season which would mean we would have stayed up this season.

Even without the 6 point deduction, we would still be down next week if Derby managed to beat us at home. Our goal difference is only 1 better than theirs, so even a 1-goal win would be a 2 goal swing to Derby.

Will be interesting to see what happens next week if Derby go 1-0 up. The team that can't come back from a deficit vs the one that seeming loses 2-1 every time they go 1-0 up.

Like when the resistible force meets the moveable object.

• Haha 4

Looking at the Derby forum is like reading a mirror image of this one. Depression, anxiety and downright annoyance about how badly their club is run. They're even more depressed than we are. We never expected much with a points deduction but they never saw this coming. Can't win, hold a lead, come from behind to salvage a result, does it remind you of another team. No bottle, no tactics, Rooney and his coaches not got a clue, players no pride, played out of position and still don't care. The thing is both We'd and Derby were classed as major players in the Championship just a few years ago, not anymore. Just one other thing. Have you seen the film Money all with Brad Pitt about signing draft players in US baseball. They employed an analyst who looked at a lot of lesser players that weren't outstanding but we're consistent in one position. They got these players for less money and paid them less. After a shaky start they put a 20 game winning run together. The point of this is that the owners of Barnsley took a similar stance and looked at loads of players that could do a steady job in a particular position. They've built a good solid TEAM. Old fashioned scouting has gone out the window. Just as well as we're not very good at it. Maybe we should follow their lead and look at this system of recruitment. Sorry about the long post.

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
8 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

You are normally such a sensible poster.

I genuinely do think we can.

Not if we play like yesterday. Not if we line up with that team.

But with the right team selection and the right leader in the sidelines (NOT JS) we can do enough to win

9 hours ago, ken52 said:

Looking at the Derby forum is like reading a mirror image of this one. Depression, anxiety and downright annoyance about how badly their club is run. They're even more depressed than we are. We never expected much with a points deduction but they never saw this coming. Can't win, hold a lead, come from behind to salvage a result, does it remind you of another team. No bottle, no tactics, Rooney and his coaches not got a clue, players no pride, played out of position and still don't care. The thing is both We'd and Derby were classed as major players in the Championship just a few years ago, not anymore. Just one other thing. Have you seen the film Money all with Brad Pitt about signing draft players in US baseball. They employed an analyst who looked at a lot of lesser players that weren't outstanding but we're consistent in one position. They got these players for less money and paid them less. After a shaky start they put a 20 game winning run together. The point of this is that the owners of Barnsley took a similar stance and looked at loads of players that could do a steady job in a particular position. They've built a good solid TEAM. Old fashioned scouting has gone out the window. Just as well as we're not very good at it. Maybe we should follow their lead and look at this system of recruitment. Sorry about the long post.

Excellent post. I’ve had a gander at the Derby forum and if you knew nothing about any team and just read the posts, you would think it was the same people posting 😂

I honestly think we're done at this point as the squad have 0 backbone or passion an the management have 0 plan. It is hard to express my loathing for the management and first team who have led us to this point tbh. I almost wish we were able to be at the ground to express our dismay at what is going on instead of having to shout at the tv screen.

Post directly from Derby forum, it ain’t just us that thinks it over

If it gets to mid week and we can still stay up it’s the scenario we had all hoped for many weeks ago. That seemed a huge leap at the time. The form of others has been ridiculous.

The only downside was that we had a similar game yesterday and they couldn’t handle it. 

On 01/05/2021 at 21:10, The only way is S6 said:

Been scouring betting sites, but can't find any odds for staying up, only ones for getting relegated.

There must be some somewhere.

I'd imagine Derby are favourites, then Rovrum, then us most unlikely.

You can lay Wednesdays relegation on Betfair for 1.2. That's odds of around 4/1 if they stay up. *DISCLAIMER* Check my arithmetic.

Other odds: Rotherham 1.42, Derby 2.32

• Thanks 1