So what exactly is 'written in the stars'?

It's amazing how often the phrase 'written in the stars' appears on this site. 

George Hirst to score winner for Rotherham against Cardiff to send us down?

Rooney to pull a full Roy of The Rovers and come off the bench for a 95th minute equaliser?

Hutchinson to get sent off after 5 minutes at Derby?

Dont know.

I wouldnt mind Rotherham staying up. Deserve it more than us and Derby.

Personally i want us to get relegated amd things get so bad that DC has to sell up and go. Even its for 20p.

Because whilst he is here its never going to get better.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Dont know.

Personally i want us to get relegated amd things get so bad that DC has to sell up and go. Even its for 20p.

Personally, I can see an advantage as a club of going down, releasing most of the team and starting again but I could never wish us down even if I think it's not such a bad thing.

My worry is that we will scrape by on the last day of the season, renew half the contracts that are expiring and have to watch this dogger bunch plus a few s**t loan signings go through the same thing again next season.

Just now, londonowl said:

Personally, I can see an advantage as a club of going down, releasing most of the team and starting again but I could never wish us down even if I think it's not such a bad thing.

My worry is that we will scrape by on the last day of the season, renew half the contracts that are expiring and have to watch this dogger bunch plus a few s**t loan signings go through the same thing again next season.

Not only that, but it will keep DC at the helm a while longer. Something i cant tolerate any longer

Just now, billyblack said:

Not only that, but it will keep DC at the helm a while longer. Something i cant tolerate any longer

Oh, he's staying whatever happens. I don't think any part of him can accept selling the club at a loss or as a failure.

Most likely he will just go full Ellis Short if we go to L1 and wash his hands of the place without actually selling it. Won't put any more money in and it will just rumble along to being another Portsmouth, Sunderland, Bolton, Wigan etc. Clubs that's only aim is to survive in business.

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

Oh, he's staying whatever happens. I don't think any part of him can accept selling the club at a loss or as a failure.

Most likely he will just go full Ellis Short if we go to L1 and wash his hands of the place without actually selling it. Won't put any more money in and it will just rumble along to being another Portsmouth, Sunderland, Bolton, Wigan etc. Clubs that's only aim is to survive in business.

I can imagine that scenario being the only thing that would drive me away from the club . It’s been coming this season but something always makes me watch each game ...........

Whilst a lot of the ’this could only happen to Wednesday’ has happened a lot this season, it feels like it could be at a point to actually not happen (and for it to not be bad) if that makes sense. 

And us have some actual good fortune would be more shocking than more misfortune. 

13 minutes ago, londonowl said:

In that case, i just hope for admin.

giphy.gif

image.png.2b0d8fc938514ac4eb53cb15cb4ddddb.png

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

4 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

Why are you so confident that Chansiri won’t just stay put ?

We've got Chansiri whether we like it or not. L1 or Champ. 

1) the value of the club in its current state:

No saleable assets, other than Bannan, Iorfa, Windass (max 5m) with contracts winding down

Stadium not owned by club

Revenue about to drop by 6m from 16m to 10 due to lack of TV cash

2) Asian culture of 'losing face'. Accepting a massive write down (losing 150m+) will not be an option for the Chansiri family as a part of the upper echelons of Thai society 

Just face it, we've got Chansiri and nothing is going to change unless we mysteriously survive this season and go up to Prem where he can sell us on at a much lower loss. 

What I think is written in the stars is administration. 

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Dont know.

I can never get my head around posts like this!!!

Wanting us to get relegated!!! 

Whoever gets relegated will deserve to get relegated and personally I would love it if it was Rotherham going down, mini pigs and all that. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, bradowl said:

I can never get my head around posts like this!!!

Wanting us to get relegated!!! 

Whoever gets relegated will deserve to get relegated and personally I would love it if it was Rotherham going down, mini pigs and all that. 

Dont expect everyone to agree with it. Its just my view and i have explained why.

14 hours ago, billyblack said:

Dont know.

I want DC to lose as much as possible, but think we have more chance of finding a buyer DC will accept if we stay up