• Borner
    • Green
    • Pelupessy
    • Windass
    • Bannan
    • Harris
    • Rhodes

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Pathetic performance. Players and staff should be ashamed.

Westwood 7 outstanding penalty save that he himself was partly at fault for.

Paterson 3 he’s an awful wing back. Awful decision by management 

Palmer 5 why move him when he’s been good recently?

Hutchinson 7 played well. He’s a good cb and would be great with Iorfa in League 1

Borner 3 he’s awful. I cringe when he gets the ball

Reach 3 he was pathetic. Scared of his own shadow 

Pelupessy 6 did ok

Bannan 5 not his usual self. Struggled to make an impact

Green 4 nothing like last week. Anonymous 

Harris 1 I’m starting to despise him. I’ve stuck up for him on here but park players have more end product than him. An athlete not a footballer. Should have come off at half time

Windass 5 wasted up front

Rhodes 4 missed chances again

Moore/Smith 2 awful again. Terrible starting teams and never once tried to change it. Why not take Borner off, go to a back four and shove Paterson up front with either Shaw or Dele in midfield? I don’t understand it.

Dont get me wrong, I pray we stay up but NONE of them deserve it 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

You blame Harris, but move him across to the right and he creates.

Atrocious management. 

I thought the only idea DM had with which I could agree was to get Harris to cross for Rhodes. Result: Rhodes doesn’t start ( what does that do his confidence?) and Harris runs after long balls down the left.

• Like 1

What struck me was the quality of ball retention. I feel sorry for the defenders as the midfield cannot win the ball, cannot retain it and cannot develop passing moves.
These long punts downfield by BB are better than the meek contributions of Reach but they often give receivers an awkward ball to chase or control. The ball is easily lost.
Nobody seems to receive the ball at their feet or in a space ahead where the attacking player can move to worry the opposition. It all looks a terrible struggle to find a man..and that’s before we get to the bit about creating real goal scoring opportunities where there is never a killer ball and often a cross which the strikers cannot attack. The one today where Rhodes had to stretch to just his head to the cross isa good example.

We are trying to play passing football only  in our own penalty area. 

• Like 1

Westwood - 6- Superb penalty save. One which might just keep us in the division. Some ropey distribution though which could have ended in bother. Still... of the manager wants us to play out from the back, that's on him.

Palmer - 6 I wouldn't have moved him from RWB where I think he's probably just put together his best little run of games that I can remember and actually got forward with some purpose. I appreciate Van Aken isn't the answer at centre half in Lees' absence but cannot understand why Urhoghide wasn't put back there if he isn't injury. Or even Dunkley. 

Hutch - 7  Solid if unspectacular. Did at least attempt to move the ball forward. Weight of responsibility holding it together back there now for our trip to Derby.

Borner - 5 I don't know what's happened to him. I liked him when he first arrived. Tackled hard and had that almost stereotypcial German assuredness about his play. Started pre season at Leicester  like he had concrete boots. Hoped it was just game time. But he's had a ropey season all in. Has he had an injury I've missed? 

Paterson - 4 I'm not bothered a jot if he played there for Hearts. Only bothered about what he's done here, and since he's been here his best performances have come as the extra man in midfield. A needless re-shuffle IMO.

Pelupessy - 6 Never going to get anybody off their seat but sticks to the task and clearly follows tactical instructions from the management to the letter. Probably why all the managers like him. Sometimes though I think he'd be better ignoring some of their instruction and playing live.

Bannan - 6 Tries to make things happen. Sometimes tries a bit too much. A great player in a decent side. We're not a decent side. There will always be games where it doesn't happen whilever he's in this team. What I don't think can be said if that he doesn't give it all. Might not always sparkle but never hides. IMO

Reach - 5 You know what annoys me here. Reach will have on problem finding another Championship club. I don't doubt he has offers on the table now. And I have no doubt he'll go to one of them. Play 46 games as an outside left and bag double finured assists. 

Never been helped by any of his managers here. Though there's little they can do about a lack of bravery.

Green - 4 Done to warrant it, but I do have a hunch that given a decent run in one position (wide) he might still prove useful yet. Coming in 'now and again' in a struggling team, in seemingly random roles hasn't helped him. 

No real product today for me though.

Harris - 3 Had that one little spell under Thompson on the right when he mixed his play up a bit, put some first timers in and got a couple of back to back assists for Rhodes. And that's it. Not a great player by any means. And I've no dout he'll be gone soon and not greatly missed. However; I still feel we could  and should  have got more put of him despite his limitations. Nothing today. And that setpiece...

Windass - 6 Works his tail off, which always gets a nod from me. Wish more had similar work ethic and desire. Doest suit that role. Better coming from wide, or if playing centrally. ..in a pair.

Rhodes 5 Never been a game changing substitute and never will be. His all round game isn't going to spark something from the bench.

However, given our position, his clever movement in the box , the fact he and Windass actually look a half threatening pairing and our current plight I find his exclusion and the randomising of ourgency formation and tactics of late totally baffling.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, Revenant said:

I'm really not expecting an Astin Martin performance from JP. I know he's there for his defensive ability, but I know he has a shot on him from his time in Holland.

Pellupessy wasn't our worst performer by far this year or even today, but it says everything that a standard solid defensive performance gets MoM in a match they had to win. (Excluding the fact we knew Derby would lose)

I know JP has got more to offer, just like so many of the rest our players, but there not willing to put their kneck on the line to carve something out.

Today Bannan and Kaddeem and Windass were the only ones who appeared to be prepared to carve anything out. Only problem is there's only one brain between the three of them.

Thankfully the Rooney effect appears to have given us and Rotherham another chance. I'd love to see Rooney take Derby and 32 Red down, any which way.

1_Wayne-Rooney.jpg.d16ac7673d909087dd158177f1d6f916.jpg

But who has put this lot together?

Some for £40,000 a week.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Westwood - 6- Superb penalty save. One which might just keep us in the division. Some ropey distribution though which could have ended in bother. Still... of the manager wants us to play out from the back, that's on him.

Palmer - 6 I wouldn't have moved him from RWB where I think he's probably just put together his best little run of games that I can remember and actually got forward with some purpose. I appreciate Van Aken isn't the answer at centre half in Lees' absence but cannot understand why Urhoghide wasn't put back there if he isn't injury. Or even Dunkley. 

Hutch - 7  Solid if unspectacular. Did at least attempt to move the ball forward. Weight of responsibility holding it together back there now for our trip to Derby.

Borner - 5 I don't know what's happened to him. I liked him when he first arrived. Tackled hard and had that almost stereotypcial German assuredness about his play. Started pre season at Leicester  like he had concrete boots. Hoped it was just game time. But he's had a ropey season all in. Has he had an injury I've missed? 

Paterson - 4 I'm not bothered a jot if he played there for Hearts. Only bothered about what he's done here, and since he's been here his best performances have come as the extra man in midfield. A needless re-shuffle IMO.

Pelupessy - 6 Never going to get anybody off their seat but sticks to the task and clearly follows tactical instructions from the management to the letter. Probably why all the managers like him. Sometimes though I think he'd be better ignoring some of their instruction and playing live.

Bannan - 6 Tries to make things happen. Sometimes tries a bit too much. A great player in a decent side. We're not a decent side. There will always be games where it doesn't happen whilever he's in this team. What I don't think can be said if that he doesn't give it all. Might not always sparkle but never hides. IMO

Reach - 5 You know what annoys me here. Reach will have on problem finding another Championship club. I don't doubt he has offers on the table now. And I have no doubt he'll go to one of them. Play 46 games as an outside left and bag double finured assists. 

Never been helped by any of his managers here. Though there's little they can do about a lack of bravery.

Green - 4 Done to warrant it, but I do have a hunch that given a decent run in one position (wide) he might still prove useful yet. Coming in 'now and again' in a struggling team, in seemingly random roles hasn't helped him. 

Harris - 3 Had that one little spell under Thompson on the right when he mixed his play up a bit, put some first timers in and got a couple of back to back assists for Rhodes. And that's it. Not a great player by any means. And I've no dout he'll be gone soon and not greatly missed. However; I still feel we could  and should  have got more put of him despite his limitations. Nothing today. And that setpiece...

Windass - 6 Works his tail off, which always gets a nod from me. Wish more had similar work ethic and desire. Doest suit that role. Better coming from wide, or if playing centrally. ..in a pair.

Rhodes 5 Never been a game changing substitute and never will be. His all round game isn't going to spark something from the bench.

However, given our position, his clever movement in the box , the fact he and Windass actually look a half threatening pairing and our current plight I find his exclusion and the randomising of ourgency formation and tactics of late totally baffling.

Great detailed assessment.

Summary - six players played out of their obviously best position.

Hopeless management.

• Like 1

What does it take to liven up this useless lot? You would think this was a nothing to play for mid table game, not a fight for your life! This team needs to be dropped with careers ended. Rotherham need a win from two games, which is pretty unlikely, so you would think this rubbish would play their hearts out against derby, but i cant see it. They seem to think they've done enough just getting out of bed! No pride, no heart, no drive, no enthusiasm, no ambition, oh, but they are happy apparently (according to brian laws and lee bullen the team is always happy regardless of results). Well, we the fans are not!! So earn your effin money for once and try. Rant over.

• Like 1

I went with JP, he has really improved over the last half dozen games, BB was OK but some of his passing was off. Apart from KW pen save there was not a stand out player, JW could have scored but brought out a good save from their Goalie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pretty much spot on that 

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Leaving us with a do or die game to finish with.  You couldn't script it. 

Will it be a Hollywood ending?

Hammer house of horrors more likely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hornsby said:

But who has put this lot together?

Some for £40,000 a week.

That would be Paxman and Big Chans...

I'm being unfair on singling JP out for criticism, because he didn't put a foot wrong, and I believe he's doing what he's been told to do.

Let me put this another way.

- Bannan is all left foot

- JP is all right foot

- They both play in the same position.

- Bannan tracks back defensively

I just want our current management team to get Bannan and JP to play as a team and encourage JP to get forward more.

It's too one dimensional for me asking all the creative work to be funnelled through Bannan. They need to work together. Sheridan and Palmer were an attacking threat from Midfield. No one thought Palmer was an Astin Martin even when he got picked for England.

FFS we have to win the next match. We know we are playing three at the back again. JP and Bannan need to work together as an attacking threat. I dont see any value in asking JP to sit back and cover for Bannan all the time. Bannan will be a better player for it too.

Edited by Revenant

Westwood 5

Patterson 2

Palmer 5

Hutch 6

Borner 5

Reach 3

Bannan 5

Joey 5

Harris 1

Windass 4

Green 1

And that is being generous.

Harris and green were absolute dogshit, Patterson is a fat old man and Reach played with his eyes closed.

WTF was the point of Windass up front on his own.

Awful selection, awful performance, awful season.

Get rid of the ******** lot.

Guest gizowl
10 hours ago, Humdy said:

What does it take to liven up this useless lot? You would think this was a nothing to play for mid table game, not a fight for your life! This team needs to be dropped with careers ended. Rotherham need a win from two games, which is pretty unlikely, so you would think this rubbish would play their hearts out against derby, but i cant see it. They seem to think they've done enough just getting out of bed! No pride, no heart, no drive, no enthusiasm, no ambition, oh, but they are happy apparently (according to brian laws and lee bullen the team is always happy regardless of results). Well, we the fans are not!! So earn your effin money for once and try. Rant over.

Your spot on Humdy, I can forgive a player that's not the best ability wise but what I can't accept is whoever pulls on the blue and white shirt doesn't give their all and would die for the cause but we have too many gutless wimps that even at Derby next week with what's at stake will amble through at a whimper pick up their final wages and ride off into the sunset and leave the tradegy of their pathetic efforts in the hands of the supporters. 

On 01/05/2021 at 15:11, StudentOwl said:

Green 2 - Offered nowt. Reminds me of De La Cruz

Windass 4 - Poor game but can't really blame him 'cause it's not like he got much service

Overall score: Pathetic 

I don't think he's as good as De La Cruz. I can't believe we've found someone worse than De La Cruz.