• Hutchinson
    • Borner
    • Green
    • Pelupessy
    • Windass
    • Bannan
    • Harris
    • Rhodes

What a joke defensive midfielder man of the match in a must win game. Disgraceful. So glad fans aren't allowed in atm as I would have spent 40 notes on that pile of sheeite. Never felt so flat in 55 years of watching Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Westwood 6 - gets a +1 for penalty save and clean sheet, but can't get any higher for his distribution. No idea what he was debating with Wankhaert about with the stonewall pen

Palmer 5 - Meh

Hutch 5 - Meh

Börner 4- I like him, but wtf were those back passes my brother?

Paterson 2 - at least he runs a lot. Played like an out-of-position pub player

Reach 1 - a lot of talent, clearly doesn't give a throw any more. Sad to see a player getting picked by default when we have no other option when he so clearly doesn't care. Hasn't for half the season either

Pelupessy 6.5 - Unremarkable, as he so often is, but somewhat did his job.

Bannan 6 - At least he cares, but as he seems to in the big games he gets nervous and bottles it a wee bit

Harris -1 - Yes, that's minus one. Sickeningly awful

Green 2 - Offered nowt. Reminds me of De La Cruz

Windass 4 - Poor game but can't really blame him 'cause it's not like he got much service

Overall score: Pathetic 

• Like 6

Westwood - 7, Big penalty save to give us some hope. Didn't have much else to do.

Borner - 4, Very confident on the ball. Sadly, confidence doesn't equal quality as his passing is awful and again he created clear cut chance for opposition. Again.

Hutchinson - 6, Did an ok job today, perhaps our best outfield player today.

Palmer - 5, Not much to do so he didn't. Need to learn that we don't need 3 defenders at the back all the time to mark one opposition striker and that is sometimes ok to get up the pitch and support attack.

Reach - 4, Awful today. His touch was poor, his passing and crossing worst. Idiotic mistake that gifted Forest penalty kick.

Pelupessey - 5, Standard performance from him, didn't do anything particularly well and not much wrong. If we are to play passing football we can't have in hart of our midfield player who is so uncomfortable on the ball and has radius of movement like a hockey goalkeeper.

Bannan - 6, Not much went his way, but he tried. Sadly it is more than I can say for rest of them, but paying 20k + a week for this kind of performance...

Paterson - 5, Clumsy, poor on the ball and largely ineffective. Hardly contributed today.

Green - 5, Another one who didn't have his day, at least he offered himself, tracked back... Must do better.

Windass - 6, Awesome shot from hard position, created good chance for us, but got to see very little of the ball. Expected him to press opposition bit more. Better out wide when he gets on the ball more and has opportunity to run at opposition.

Harris 1, Complete and utter garbage of performance. Can't trap ball, pass, cross, shoot or get past players. Lost any ball that got to him and him taking that last free kick summons up the game and our season. Can't wait for him to leave the club.

Rhodes - 5, Brought some life to our attack, and got himself into some decent positions. Still, not good enough.

Darren Moore's camp - 1, Poor team selection and failing to motivate players in what was our cup final. Replacing single player with us doing this poor reeks of inept. contributed to us not getting result we needed.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OwlerIT said:

Think it’s going to take while for me to get over this inept performance.

You’d think I’d be used to it by now but thought the players would be fired up and show some fight and be totally up and at them today but was the total opposite.

The coaching staff looked to be showing same defeatist attitude against a team totally on the beach and there for the taking.

A big percent of this game I saw us with a flat back 5 as Reach showing no will to run and Paterson puffing away like a 60 per day smoker.

Why no change of formation at any point to get more players forward ??

Basic stuff this and starting to question yet another failed management team who I don’t want to see here long term.

Ffing livid 

It was a defeatist line up. You cannot imagine that starting line up winning the ball in midfield ( sorry it hurts but Shaw should be playing) nor scoring goals ( Windass needs Rhodes to be on the field from the start). So much rests on the defence who seemingly have to try to hold out for a 0-0. 

Can’t be bothered to analyse each player.

I think that it’s fair to say that Forest weren’t even average but they were better than us. 
They should have had another penalty and Paterson  should have been sent off in the same incident.

Green , Harris and Reach were beyond bad and leaving Rhodes on the bench was scandalous.

Don't know why people are so surprised at the lack of fight. We've been in a relegation fight all season and TBH they haven't shown much fight in 90% of the  matches we've played. A very poor advert for those representing the City of Steel.

Awful line up , awful team shape , awful lack of substitutions, ..........................and by some margin people have voted a MOM who basically operates in  a 10 yard radius all game , and passes it 5 yards backwards / sideways.

"did nowt wrong" ...........................well its hard to make a mistake when you NEVER attempt anything , we needed to win FFS !!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Can’t say the game was special in any way, but some of the criticism is way over the top. According to many Wednesday bottles it today with no fight and yet created 14 chances. Derby according to many are putting up a fight as though their lives depend on it and with 10 minutes to go have had 6 

Well today took us to a place where we need to beat Derby next week and for Rotherham to lose twice...before kick off we were 4pts behind Derby so we’ve given ourselves a chance...but still need Rotherham to lose one of their two remaining games...bad day for Derby, really...

A dreadfull line up and tactics today. We had to win this one to try to get the upper hand with Derby and Rotherham.

Conceded a penalty due to pointlessly passing it around at the back. Every game recently this tactic has cost us goals, today was a day to cut this out and put Forest ( who didn't look that bothered) under pressure.

Westwood.    6.   Thought he was partly to blame for the penalty, but redeemed himself with a good save

Palmer.          6.  Steady but think he would have been better than Paterson at wing back.

Hutchinson.  6.  Like Palmer a steady performance.

Borner.           5.  The weakest of our back 3, he looks like he is carrying an injury.

Paterson.       3. Nearly cost us a penalty and did nothing much going forward

Reach.            2.  Neshed the header for the pen and was really poor.

Bannan.          6. Tried to get us going! Should have pulled rank with the free kick at the end.

Joey.               6.  Did his job of breaking up play.

Harris.             2.  Doesn't hide but his decision making was shocking.

Green.             1.  May as well be sat at home with me, can see why he was left on the shelf.

Windass.        7. MoM. Best player for us,a  good save by the keeper and created another couple of good chances for Rhodes who fluffed his lines.

2 hours ago, Revenant said:

Pellupessy MoM?!? FFS

I'm one of Pellupessy's biggest fans, but today he didn't put a foot wrong... or a foot right. It's that attitude that's cost us our place in the Championship. None of them are capable, OR prepared to take the game by the scruff of the kneck.

To many players hiding behind the team, this year.

F3ck em!

I’d say that man is Bannan, unfortunately when he has an off day no one else steps up.

Palmer/Hutch/Joey P/Rhodes had good games today - nothing spectacular but they did their jobs. Bannan & Windass tried but nothing seemed to be working for them. Westwood, apart from the pen save (which he helped concede) was meh, the rest were shocking.
If you could give minus points then Harris & Green  deserve them - Green totally anonymous whilst Harris’s legs are about ten seconds faster than his brain.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Like asking for an Aston Martin performance from a Skoda.

Except our players cost much more than crap cars. In weekly wages.

I'm really not expecting an Astin Martin performance from JP. I know he's there for his defensive ability, but I know he has a shot on him from his time in Holland.

Pellupessy wasn't our worst performer by far this year or even today, but it says everything that a standard solid defensive performance gets MoM in a match they had to win. (Excluding the fact we knew Derby would lose)

I know JP has got more to offer, just like so many of the rest our players, but there not willing to put their kneck on the line to carve something out.

Today Bannan and Kaddeem and Windass were the only ones who appeared to be prepared to carve anything out. Only problem is there's only one brain between the three of them.

Thankfully the Rooney effect appears to have given us and Rotherham another chance. I'd love to see Rooney take Derby and 32 Red down, any which way.

1_Wayne-Rooney.jpg.d16ac7673d909087dd158177f1d6f916.jpg

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’d say that man is Bannan, unfortunately when he has an off day no one else steps up.

Palmer/Hutch/Joey P/Rhodes had good games today - nothing spectacular but they did their jobs. Bannan & Windass tried but nothing seemed to be working for them. Westwood, apart from the pen save (which he helped concede) was meh, the rest were shocking.
If you could give minus points then Harris & Green  deserve them - Green totally anonymous whilst Harris’s legs are about ten seconds faster than his brain.

Green...

lol

I forgot he'd played by full time.

The money that lads on... He gets subbed off and he's sulking as he walks round the pitch. He also showed very little. Little effort to close down defenders, little desire to craft an opportunity either on or off the ball. No desire to have a shot on goal. 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

1658023418_2021-05-0114_27_07.png.39744a1d9f71fd08f56953935ed6d94b.png

So little quality. No tempo. You couldn't watch that and see a team battling for its life.  Not at all.

An afternoon of let offs. Much of it from our own doing. 

How we've taken a point I do not know. 

A charmed life.

So remarkably,  we're still in it.

never-ending-nightmare-quote-1-picture-quote-1.jpg.e96bbe63b439d2bb5aec0b98ef4906b6.jpg

Someone (or 2) voted for Harris. He was abysmal and I'm being kind. Whoever voted for this crap player requires a visit to specsavers.