Adam Reach

1 hour ago, Dooogs said:

There was an interesting line from Jon Newsome about mist of our team lacking 'moral courage- not sure that's fair on the likes of Bannan and Hutchinson but a lack of moral courage epitomises Reach this season.

Don't know about moral courage, I think with Reach it's physical. There's no such thing as a 50-50 ball when he's involved, it's always 18-82 at best.

Just now, Basement Jack said:

Reach’s Wednesday career....

scores a worldy lives off the back of it for 6 months

scores another worldy lives off the back of it for 6 months 

scores a worldy lives off back of it for 6 months

Can't agree, those figures only cover 18 months, so he must have lived off each of them for longer.

• Like 1

Makes me laugh when commentators Come out with ‘ wand of a left foot and he has scored some beauties ‘ reach has always been the same , his stats may look OK but the majority of his time he shows no desire , passion , backs out of tackles , no urgency no will to win , and as many have said lives off the odd goal thinking that gives him enough , he’s simply NOT what fans want to see in a player 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Django said:

He’s never been up for a fight

The weakest Sheffield Wednesday player I’ve ever seen 

That's some claim but I could be convinced. The trouble is everyone remarks about his "worldy" goals, which I'm now convinced were just hit and hope as there were far more "smash it miles off target" shots.

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

Probably the most spineless set of players we’ve ever had.

You can forgive lack of ability but not lack of effort and application.

Agree with the top line mate but I cant forgive lack of ability. They are professional footballers so logically they SHOULD possess some ability.

Guest samowl
4 hours ago, ANDY said:

35 mins gone and I’ve not seen anything that convinced me he’s up for a fight. 

Didn't he have a scrap with Colin Firth in BJ's Diary 

I’d give him 4 or 5/10 today, and yet he still offered more threat and works better up that side than any other option on our books.

He still put over our best cross.

He still had our best shot.

He’s a shadow of his best level, but way better than any other LWB we could field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Here we go, Adam Reach hate mob out in full force after he has a bad game! Find another player to scapegoat FFS....how about Harris or Green who both played significantly worse and have contributed much less than Reach this season?

He's one of our best players who once again has spent almost the entire season playing out of position. We do not have a LB at the club and we haven't had a good LB at the club since Pudil's 2015 season, SIX years ago. There is literally nobody else we could scramble into the team to cover that position, regardless of what formation we play. 

Most of the criticism on here directed at Reach is around his poor defensive play or 'lack of effort', HE ISN'T A DEFENDER. If he was playing in any other system with a LB behind him, it wouldn't be such an issue. We didn't sign him for his stellar positional play or ability to win the ball back in our box. He gets in the team every week because apart from the fact we have no other options, he still provides the best quality in the team outside of Bannan and the only good deliveries into the box from a wide position. If Fox was still around or Penny was much better, we could play him further up the pitch and give him more attacking freedom and less defensive responsibility and we would see a very different player.

We've handicapped Reach like all of our few talented players these last 24 months with poor managers, bad tactics and below average players. Just like Bannan & Windass, if they were in a different team they would look much better, there is only so much good players can do in very very bad systems. It's no coincidence when we play well it because our best players, Bannan, Windass and Reach all have good games, we should have been building our team around them all season.

I wonder what all your excuses will be when he's playing regularly for a good team in the Championship next season?

Excuse Mr ham shanker I never mentioned reach . My comment was clearly aimed at the team in general.

Just not bothered is he.

I think it was around 80 mins, season is on the line, we need to attack at all costs, he was passed the ball on the left wing and had open space in front of him to run into and cross it in.

What does he do? pass it straight back slowly back to the midfield and we lose the ball.

Sums him up, just leave mate, good riddance.

• Like 2

Maybe Monk was right about players not been fully committed when their contracts are running down

Reach has always played the game like a man scared of getting injured but he’s taking the absolute p*ss now. Literally strolls around all game with zero drive and aggression. The only conclusion I can draw is that he’s got another £20-25k deal lined up somewhere ( like Fletcher last year) and an injury now would scupper the deal 

17 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Hound him out of the club 

Disgusting, disgusting attitude and effort 

Id love to bump into that joker 

And if you did bump into him, what would you do exactly? Anyone can talk big on the internet.