Jump to content

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart


Wath-owl
 Share

Recommended Posts


This looks absolutely staggeringly good in my opinion. Everything about it. The gameplay, the graphics, the environments, the animation, the voice acting, the colours, how seamless and instant the transitions are between areas. 
 

Honestly, one of the most impressive looking games I’ve ever seen. 
 

Day 1. Can’t friggin wait! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here mate. Can’t believe I slept on the first PS4 R&C game and waited until furlough to play it, I was missing out big time.
 

This one looks better in every way.

 

Sort of hoping they’ll do a collector's edition so I can waste more of my money on a statue or something. 
 

lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the last R&C but I just can't justify £70 for a game. The only ones I will spend that on are gonna be HZD sequel, GoW:R and Last of Us part 3. I'll be waiting for prices to drop. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

I really enjoyed the last R&C but I just can't justify £70 for a game. The only ones I will spend that on are gonna be HZD sequel, GoW:R and Last of Us part 3. I'll be waiting for prices to drop. 


Makes no odds to me. By the £, video games are still some of the best value going if you actually play them rather than buy them and put them to one side. 
 

I’d guess this game will be a 20-30 hour thing depending on how close to 100% you go, so you’re looking at probably £3 on average per hour of entertainment. Still miles better than cinema, blu ray movies, football matches, etc. 
 

Plus I’ll probably be done with it within 3-4 weeks and I’ll shift it on Amazon marketplace for £30-40. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:


Makes no odds to me. By the £, video games are still some of the best value going if you actually play them rather than buy them and put them to one side. 
 

I’d guess this game will be a 20-30 hour thing depending on how close to 100% you go, so you’re looking at probably £3 on average per hour of entertainment. Still miles better than cinema, blu ray movies, football matches, etc. 
 

Plus I’ll probably be done with it within 3-4 weeks and I’ll shift it on Amazon marketplace for £30-40. 

while I agree games can be better value I think for this game I'd play through once, plat it and be done. No replay ability for me so I'd be willing to pay around £40ish, I'll wait not one I'm desperate for unlike the HZD sequel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

 

ratchet.jpg


Actually reviewing slightly lower than I expected from what I’ve seen of the game. I was kind of expecting 10/10 from all over. 
 

Not moaning. Still incredible scores and looks hands down the best PS5 exclusive so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2021 at 13:07, Orlando_Trustful said:

Looks great. The one on PS4 is probably in my top 3 / top 5 games on that console.

 

I'll be trying to buy a PS5 ready for when this releases. 

Not been able to buy a PS5 yet. Gutted as this was going to be my first PS5 purchase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:


Actually reviewing slightly lower than I expected from what I’ve seen of the game. I was kind of expecting 10/10 from all over. 
 

Not moaning. Still incredible scores and looks hands down the best PS5 exclusive so far. 


It’s about what I was expecting to be honest. 
 

This genre of game generally seems to have a limit of around 90 as far as Metacritic goes, unless it’s a new mainline 3D Mario game which is the exception. 
 

Still, 89 from 97 (currently) reviews is outstanding for any game. 
 

I have watched a few reviews and the Digital Foundry tech analysis, and I’m completely sold that it’s going to be an awesome game, and a real showcase for the PS5. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought this on day 1, but only just had the chance to start it today.

 

Good lord, these are probably the cleanest and most crisp visuals that I’ve ever seen in any game, ever. Absolutely gorgeous! 
 

It’s definitely the first game I’ve played that feels a true generational leap forwards in every aspect. 
 

I’m playing in performance + ray tracing mode at 120fps and it’s glorious! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...